Who will likely leave in the January window?

Syrette

this club is infamous for kicking up a shitstorm exactly when the supporters start expecting some stability.

Would be refreshing if we actually did some good business exactly when everyone's expecting a complete disaster.

Btw I've seen a few people on other forums mention that before coming here, Kinnear was spending a lot of time at Arsenal and was close to being offered a scouting role with the club because he's got a good eye for a young player.

Jimbo (I think) from toontastic said he heard it on the radio and someone on a different forum said they had read it in the guardian.

Btw I've seen a few people on other forums mention that before coming here, Kinnear was spending a lot of time at Arsenal and was close to being offered a scouting role with the club because he's got a good eye for a young player.

Jimbo (I think) from toontastic said he heard it on the radio and someone on a different forum said they had read it in the guardian.

Maybe he should have another look at Xisco then. Someone must have seen something in the lad before spending £5m in the summer.

Any player we get an offer for really, Mike the cunt will cah in every chance he gets. I caanot see many of our squad staying loyal and refuseing to go.

This is what I was talking about earlier, the irrational idea that Ashley wants to cash in by selling players.  That won't make him any money long term and will only risk losing him hundreds of millions more.  So unless you think the man wants to lose money why would he do it?

Krul/Harper could go

Enrique's a possibility, not sure whether i want him here, think he could do with being given a chance.

Owen's more than likely going to go.

Hope we keep N'zogbia and we get a manager with a brain to understand that he is a quality player and just needs a boost of confidence atm, and time back on the left wing.

Would prefer to see Viduka, Smith, Duff and possibly Butt (Only if we get a new CM though) all go but it's NEVER going to happen.

Just imagine what these 4 between them are earning a week, crazy to think about it.

Apparently Wengers next door neighbour and they get on very well.

If Kinnear is going to be bringin in players their friendship could be a very good thing for us.

Guest Heneage

I'd heard about them two conversing. Be interesting to see if Wenger would be willing to pass on the odd player he doesn't see as Arsenal material. Maybe even kindly loan us Denilson/Vela.

Funny, but seriously, why do you agree with it?  How does selling players for cash help Mike Ashley?  Any player sold reduces the value of his asset at least as much as the cash brought in if not more and the more players sold the bigger the chance his asset goes completely down the toilet of relegation.  Which would effectively lose him hundreds of millions of pounds.  I'm not saying I think Mike Ashley loves Newcastle United and wouldn't want to make money at our expense if possible.  But what Skirge is suggesting won't really make him any money and the risk to his asset is huge.

The sell to buy ethos means anyone could leave. If we end up making money from it then he'll be happy.

Selling to buy is a case of a manager or director of Football or whatever selling players he doesn't want in order to bring in players he thinks are better.  That's fair enough but that's not what Skirge was saying.  He was talking about Ashley accepting any offer that comes in for any of our players in order to cash in.  Which doesn't make sense at the best of times, let alone a time when the club is for sale and threatened with relegation.

I don't trust him at all.  If he could sell off players to make himself some extra cash without reducing the sale price or risking everything he's put into the club then I definitely wouldn't put it past him to do just that.  Lucky for us he can't.

I don't trust him at all.  If he could sell off players to make himself some extra cash without reducing the sale price or risking everything he's put into the club then I definitely wouldn't put it past him to do just that.  Lucky for us he can't.

All I'm saying is that barring Coloccini (star signing) and Jonas (not paid for yet) I can't think of any player he'd not cash in on given the right offer, given the large earners on the bench, on the treatment table and those in Kinnear's evident loan plans.

I'm sure if we got an offer similar to what happened with Milner then we'd take it and use that money to try to bring players in, as I said selling to buy is quite likely.  Selling for the sake of it isn't.