Kinnear signs contract to the end of the season.

fuhg

Just on SSN - Kinnear signed contract as permanent manager to end of season.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1469731,00.html

NEWCASTLE United have announced today (November 28) that Joe Kinnear has signed a contract as manager until the end of the 2008/09 season.

Joe initially came to St.James' Park in September in an interim role but will now run in with the Magpies for the rest of the campaign.

He said: "Ever since I came to Newcastle United I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

"The players have been great to work with and the fans have made me feel at home since day one.

"We have a big challenge ahead of us for the rest of the season but together I'm confident we will make good progress.

"We have some very good players already at this club and hopefully we can further strengthen the squad in January and I will be working very closely with the directors to try to achieve that."

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Joe has done an excellent job since coming to the Club and everyone is delighted that he has agreed to remain in charge for the rest of the season."

Good! That means there's a bit of stability in place, we're more likely to make signings in January and the majority of the players are happy.

Ok so he's no Hiddink but he's done well since he's been here and he genuinely wants the job, not just the money it brings.

Well this was always going to happen, wasn't it? At least we now have a bit of stability until the end of the season, and will mean he has a bit more control in the window.

Maybe now sort out a few of the player contracts too?

Good! That means there's a bit of stability in place, we're more likely to make signings in January and the majority of the players are happy.

Ok so he's no Hiddink but he's done well since he's been here and he genuinely wants the job, not just the money it brings.

gotta agree, he's the only one who wanted the job, good luck jfk.

do us proud!

Agree although hes not the best man for the job, hes doing a good enough job and the state we're in at the moment who was people expecting like?

If Ashley wont bring in a manager what makes you think we'll be getting any players.

We are going down.

mirrors my own first thought...i think he's done an adequate job so far but i honestly don't even think he'll manage to maintain "adequate" for the rest of the season

for us to survive i think we really needed a boost that the appointment of a good, competent manager (or an emotional appointment like shearer) would have given us

we got this

We are going down.

You could be right. Unless he can bring in at least 3 players in January we'll be fucked.

The most uninspiring manager making uninspiring decisions.

he wants fucking riise man, i'd rather he didn't get to sign any cunt if that's who he's aiming for

kinnear's been able to use the insecurity and turmoil to his favour, he's that kind of manager and thrives on the siege mentality. making his position more secure might undermine that strategy a bit.

also suggests we arent being sold...for a good while yet. id also worry about how much spending we'll do in jan. maybe with keegan out the way the likes of wise will have £10m or so to play with.

maybe this is the yes-man ashley so desperately wanted in through the back door.

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Joe has done an excellent job since coming to the Club and everyone is delighted that he has agreed to remain in charge for the rest of the season."

It speaks!