Kinnear signs contract to the end of the season.

fuhg

I know I'm gonna get shot down for this but......As long as we don't get too many injuries and we at least keep the players we have we won't go down. Relax people, give the guy a chance....

It's very tight at the bottom and a couple of wins can make all the difference. Equally a couple of bad results may see us mired in the bottom three.

Ashley has made a serious error. If Kinnear had managed to push us on and put some clear water between us and the bottom three teams I could sort of understand

Ashley "rewarding" him with the job until the end of the season, if, as expected, the club isn't going to be sold any time soon.

Fact is we are still in the relegation places and the appointment of Kinnear could be a huge mistake. If the wheels come off over Christmas/New Year and we are struggling for points/confidence where do we go from there?

So basically the club isn't anywhere close to being sold. Good to see confirmation - as if it were needed - that Ashley (via Kinnear and Harris as always) doesn't mind lying through his teeth.

I imagine Kinnear's been employed on the basis of the Chelsea result and his willingness to spread the owner's lies without question. A yes man. Just what they wanted.

Guest icemanblue

So basically the club isn't anywhere close to being sold. Good to see confirmation - as if it were needed - that Ashley (via Kinnear and Harris as always) doesn't mind lying through his teeth.

I imagine Kinnear's been employed on the basis of the Chelsea result and his willingness to spread the owner's lies without question. A yes man. Just what they wanted.

Seconded.

Guest Mucky01

the fans have backed off Ashley and Llambias because of the ’impending‘ sale of the club, unless they make some serious statements of intent whether it’s verbal and/or with signings, the venom will reappear.

What they have done to the club and the supporters over the last 6 months has been an absolute disgrace.

Guest The Libertine

and once again a big thanks to all the protesters and boycoutters out there. i hope you're all happy.

In what sense?

they wanted ashley out asap no matter what. the last few months of him trying to sell has landed us with this fuck up and a relegation battle instead of a new competent manager and stability.

shame.

and once again a big thanks to all the protesters and boycoutters out there. i hope you're all happy.

Fuck off.

Do you honestly think Ashley would have spent any money in January with a "proper" manager in place or do you think the squad would suddenly have become adequate?

Guest The Libertine

Fuck off.

Do you honestly think Ashley would have spent any money in January with a "proper" manager in place or do you think the squad would suddenly have become adequate?

yes. and the squad is adequate. the manager is shit though.

So basically the club isn't anywhere close to being sold...

Not necessarily, even if the sale goes through after the new year it makes sense to give JK a contract till the end of the season to provide some stability. New owners could leave him in charge till the end of the season or pay him off if they want to bring someone in straight away.

Guest icemanblue

Fuck off.

Ha!

Explain that one, please.

In what sense?

they wanted ashley out asap no matter what. the last few months of him trying to sell has landed us with this f*** up and a relegation battle instead of a new competent manager and stability.

shame.

The club was being mismanaged hence why KK jumped out.

Like Tooj said, I hardly think the people who protested would be over happy today.

Fuck off.

The squad isn't adequate at all. How can Nicky Butt still be starting and yet the squad is deemed good enough. We have holes all over the place in the squad. This isn't something new though we've had this problem for seasons now. And it's frustrating seeing the same things just being ignored. At least the right idea was had in the summer by trying to get Modric/Aimar.

Guest timmy boy

Would any one who is half decent take the job right now anyway? The reason we ended up with Kinnear is because no bugger would go near it with a 10 foot barge pole in the first place in the current mess. Has anything changed in 2 months or so ? If we got rid of him we would be back to square one, with our best bet being Shearer, who sounds like he wont have anything to do with this regime.  At least we have some stability until the end of the season now.