Ashley wins back fans in survey

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True, i'm all for an owner who likes the club but why not someone like Randy Lerner, we never see or hear about him but he puts Villa first.

The difference is investment and ambition.

Sorry missed Guthrie.

There was a supposed change when Wise et al arrived - they sold it as a concentration on young upcoming players as you said - That's fine on its own - all I said was that 4 out of 6 signings from one country does not suggest a wide-ranging international scouting network - it suggests a head of recruitment/chief scout combo who ring their mates.

Fair point, obviously i cant argue with that but we were linked with players within that policy from other clubs around europe as well. Gomis, Skeljbred, Zayatte, Gomis, Digard, all pretty solidly linked with the club which does show that it was more extentisve. Why they werent signed is up for debate.

Sorry missed Guthrie.

There was a supposed change when Wise et al arrived - they sold it as a concentration on young upcoming players as you said - That's fine on its own - all I said was that 4 out of 6 signings from one country does not suggest a wide-ranging international scouting network - it suggests a head of recruitment/chief scout combo who ring their mates.

Fair point, obviously i cant argue with that but we were linked with players within that policy from other clubs around europe as well. Gomis, Skeljbred, Zayatte, Gomis, Digard, all pretty solidly linked with the club which does show that it was more extentisve. Why they werent signed is up for debate.

:D

Sorry missed Guthrie.

Accepted.

Sorry missed Guthrie.

Fair point, obviously i cant argue with that but we were linked with players within that policy from other clubs around europe as well. Digard, Skeljbred, Zayatte, Gomis, Digard, all pretty solidly linked with the club which does show that it was more extentisve. Why they werent signed is up for debate.

:D

Fixed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

30 November 2008

ASHLEY ON WAY BACK TO TOON

THE INSIDE STORY AT ST JAMES' He'll go to home games again

By James Courage

Mike Ashley is ready to make a stunning return to St James' Park.

Newcastle's billionaire owner is set to end his Tyneside exile after calling a temporary halt to his bid to sell the club.

Wantaway Ashley became a hate figure with furious Toon Army foot soldiers after the shock exit of boss Kevin Keegan. He put up the 'for sale' signs two months ago, claiming he had been driven out by the adverse fan reaction to Keegan's departure.

The super-rich sportswear magnate and his so called 'Cockney Mafia' have not been to a home match since, saying he fears for the safety of his family after angry supporters mounted protests.

But he has now pencilled in the Premier League home game with West Ham on January 10 to test the water among fans after sensing a thaw in relations since handing Joe Kinnear a six-month contract until the end of the season.

Kinnear has called for both sides to bury the hatchet for the good of the club. He said: "I think he will come back to games and I'd like to think he'd get a good reception from supporters and that everyone will just concentrate on the football.

"A lot of it in my opinion could have been sorted out a lot more amicably. But I'd like to think that if we have a good FA Cup run and get ourselves in the top 10, then I think he'd be accepted.

"In my discussions with him he's suggested he might be able to come back to games in future and I said to him 'why not come up here?'."

Ashley is increasingly confident fans will call a truce to their hate campaign when they see the extent to which he plans to back Kinnear in January as the former Wimbledon boss looks to lure Blackburn duo Stephen Warnock and Christopher Samba and a mystery Dutch target - though Kinnear may still have to bring in some cash from sales.

Kinnear added: "He's definitely keeping the club as it is now until the end of the season. I said to him I'm sure once you've invested and we're up and running and you've sorted out all your problems around the club, it's probably your time to get a pat on the back.

"I said 'if I was you I'd still come up and bring your kids up'. He said once we get it up and running and everything dies down and we're running it as a club without any aggravation, he probably will do.'

Kinnear, meanwhile, confirmed last week's People Sport exclusive about Alan Shearer turning down a coaching role at Toon. Kinnear said: "He said it was a very kind offer but he wasn't ready for it yet, and I said 'That's fine'."

Keegan = c***.

Came back to pay of his debts, f***ed off and lied to us.

c***.

:sadnod:

:rolleyes:

aye reet.

you can blame KK all you want but all the evidence points to wise and crew not bringing in the players.  Hence why our squad is so small.

And do you really believe that a man like KK came back to NUFC just so he could get paid a few months wages then walk out on us and blame other people.

Fucking hell man.

:nope:

Guest The Libertine

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

you can blame KK all you want but all the evidence points to wise and crew not bringing in the players.  Hence why our squad is so small.

And do you really believe that a man like KK came back to NUFC just so he could get paid a few months wages then walk out on us and blame other people.

Fucking hell man.

keegan himself said he only needed 3 or 4 players. ignore that part though.

i dont know. he definitely did have financial problems with his circus thing and now he doesnt. this was a rather well known fact before he even took over. i remember a thread on here saying as much.

My conditions for his returning are this:

A full, honest statement explaining what happpened during the summer.

An apology to the fans for the turmoil he has caused.

At least £20m spent on the first team in January.

Good luck with that. ;)

Good luck with that. ;)

Its not rocket science like, if he wants back then he knows what he has to do. If he just skulks back in then fuck him.

:thup:

Aint going to happen

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

f***ing hell man.

i dont know. he definitely did have financial problems with his circus thing and now he doesnt. this was a rather well known fact before he even took over. i remember a thread on here saying as much.

It was all speculation from the media.

Guest The Libertine

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

f***ing hell man.

It was all speculation from the media.

so was/is most of the shit everybody is crucifying ashley and wise over. the keegan debt story IS true as the financial papers have been released and back it up.