Ashley wins back fans in survey

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't want him out in the first place. Thought the whole pantomime was a disgrace and embarassing for everyone involved. The sooner we can get back to the business of football instead of forming dick-waving and mutal masturbation groups, the sooner we can move forward as a club.

No investment, no ambition, no targets beyond financial - I can see the attraction.

I'm not renewing next year unless he's gone. That's after having an ST since 83 - I can't be bothered with a club that just wants my money so it can avoid relegation and make money. I know that could be said to have applied during those years but after seeing what a bit of ambition can bring, to go back to being shite is too much to bear.

If as promised Kinnear has full control over incoming and outgoing i will be happy,if Ashley cannot sell the club lets judge Kinnear on the jan window and where we finish the season and we will have a cleare indication of our direction ,Ashley must start forking out more money on transfers and get Llambras communicating with the fans and media in a more professional manner to win back our grudging support because  the team matters more than anything .

He also said that he wanted to sit with the fans, wear his Newcastle shirt, etc...couldn't really do that when 90% of fans wanted to lynch him could he?

He could have reversed that pretty quickly with an open, honest, heart-felt interview (and I think a tv interview would have been a massive statement of intent as he had never done one before) which outlined his dedication to the club and its future development and success.

Guest LucaAltieri

Didn't want him out in the first place. Thought the whole pantomime was a disgrace and embarassing for everyone involved. The sooner we can get back to the business of football instead of forming dick-waving and mutal masturbation groups, the sooner we can move forward as a club.

No investment, no ambition, no targets beyond financial - I can see the attraction.

If you don't keep a handle on the finances then there won't be a club  O0

We paid through the nose for players over the last few season - didn't get the return that was expected. Spunking away cash on more players who may or may not do the job would be a huge gamble. It makes far more sense to play it smart.

He wants to make money... not sure how you can say he doesn't have ambition. The real money is in european qualification. Money from the competitions, TV, and increased merchandise sales worldwide are surely attractive to a man who only cares about money, eh?

I'm not renewing next year unless he's gone. That's after having an ST since 83 - I can't be bothered with a club that just wants my money so it can avoid relegation and make money. I know that could be said to have applied during those years but after seeing what a bit of ambition can bring, to go back to being s**** is too much to bear.

The last 11 fielded before Ashley took over was:

Harper

Solano

Ramage

Taylor

Carr

Butt

Milner

Dyer

Ameobi

Owen

Pattison

Today we'll probably have:

Given

Beye

Coloccini

Bassong

Enrique

Gutierrez

Butt

Guthrie

N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins

I know which team I would rather watch, I think I'd only pick a fit and in form Dyer from the original 11.

Still want him out, although I realise he might be forced to stay a bit longer because of the credit crunch. I certainly does not see the situation in total black or white (as in either this or that). The one thing I'd like to point out is the all famous "but-guys-I-really-cleared-a-lot-of-debt" stunt, which I believe to be a reasonable thing to do considering the fact that a lot of EPL teams struggle with huge debt. West Ham find themselves in a bit of a financial mess with the Tevez/Sheff Utd situation, and I'd expect any of the top 4 teams to have some kind of financial trouble if they suddenly weren't to qualify for Champ. League or even loose out on a Euro qual. So I'd imagine we would have been in a bit tougher situation today with all the debt hanging over us.

Regarding the transfer policy, the only thing that really has impressed me is Wise et al. work bringing in some very promising talents, in addition to Jonas and Colo. That kind of vision is something we've been lacking, and I got to say that bit is slightly improven. Apart from that, I feel Ashley has been a failure and a joke. When he first bought the club I didn't expect anything like Man City do now, but I got to  admit that I expected us to show far more finacial muscles than we have. And for that reason, I am going to remember Ashley as the the story about the "wallet boy".

---> The story about the little kid who only had £10, and went to the store to buy a wallet for his £10.

We paid through the nose for players over the last few season - didn't get the return that was expected. Spunking away cash on more players who may or may not do the job would be a huge gamble. It makes far more sense to play it smart.

He wants to make money... not sure how you can say he doesn't have ambition. The real money is in european qualification. Money from the competitions, TV, and increased merchandise sales worldwide are surely attractive to a man who only cares about money, eh?

The difference now with our transfer policy is that we seem to be able to bring in more from sales than we have in the past.  Getting in the region of £7 million for Dyer and £12 million for Milner isn't the way we've worked in the past, we've bought high and sold low.

I'm convinced that if we'd sold those two for what they were worth rather than what we received then people would be happier.  That’s a comment in general and not aimed at anybody in particular.

Guest The Libertine

The difference now with our transfer policy is that we seem to be able to bring in more from sales than we have in the past.  Getting in the region of £7 million for Dyer and £12 million for Milner isn't the way we've worked in the past, we've bought high and sold low.

I'm convinced that if we'd sold those two for what they were worth rather than what we received then people would be happier.  That’s a comment in general and not aimed at anybody in particular.

i forgot about the dyer deal. we held out for a few extra million when in the past we'd have just let him go without much of a fight. 7 million for parker and breaking even on rozenhal were also very good deals imo.

I don't have that big a problem with him myself. I was willing to wait and see if his system worked longer term, even after Keegan lost his head again. I think alot of people have had a chance to judge the new boys and are now seeing that although the system had it's faults it did bring us in good players for good prices, it wasn't that bad.

as was said all along, the talk about ashley being forced out was bollocks. fans are a fickle bunch and if ashley did the right things to amend the errors then once it died down we couldve moved forward. still can if ashley swallows his pride and learns from his errors, as he'll have to now.

He can fuck off and die for all i care.

:thup:

Pathetic tbh

Yes you certainly are tbh tbh

I still hover just above grade school "I know you are but what am I" style retorts, so I'm doing ok :thup:

suck my dick.  :pow:

I purposefully replied at the same sort of idiotic level as your original post to make things easier for you. You're welcome

mackems.gif

Pathetic tbh

I still hover just above grade school "I know you are but what am I" style retorts, so I'm doing ok :thup:

I purposefully replied at the same sort of idiotic level as your original post to make things easier for you. You're welcome

Thanks for that clarification.  For a minute it looked like you were just a stroppy twat who agreed with wishing someone dead and then got angry at being correctly identified as pathetic. Good to know that's not the case and I'm just an idiot.

Pathetic tbh

I'm just an idiot.

That's all you needed to say, thanks

Initially, i was happy for him to stay cos i like his policies. But his execution of just about every big decision since he has been here has had some sort of flaw or loophole, varying in severity. I'm resigned to the guy staying until the end of the season - i and many others could see that happening - but in an ideal world i'd still want him out ASAP. The club needs to move on because, as the poll states, he's burnt too many bridges.

Guest The Wise Guy

I think it was probably more of an expected reaction after everything that has happened. I mean if you cant get rid of the fat man, you might as well get behind him and support the things he is trying to do for the club. It doesnt necessarily have to mean that you have to forgive the man though. What Im trying to say we should just get on board with him at least for now until we can get a new owner if there is one out there.

Guest optimistic nit

"59% of fans think the club will finish in the bottom half of the table this season."

what sort of deluded fans were these?

Initially, i was happy for him to stay cos i like his policies. But his execution of just about every big decision since he has been here has had some sort of flaw or loophole, varying in severity. I'm resigned to the guy staying until the end of the season - i and many others could see that happening - but in an ideal world i'd still want him out ASAP. The club needs to move on because, as the poll states, he's burnt too many bridges.

Agreed. in an ideal world i want him out, but the world aint perfect and it looks like he has to stay.

in staying there's two options for him here - have the club exist in a state of doug ellis-like limbo for a few years til the market is right of him to sell, or he can come out and try and get the fans onside by amending some of his mistakes and ploughing cash into transfers.

The last 11 fielded before Ashley took over was:

Harper

Solano

Ramage

Taylor

Carr

Butt

Milner

Dyer

Ameobi

Owen

Pattison

Today we'll probably have:

Given

Beye

Coloccini

Bassong

Enrique

Gutierrez

Butt

Guthrie

N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins

I know which team I would rather watch, I think I'd only pick a fit and in form Dyer from the original 11.

Yes - because that was the first choice 11 all season.  The players in bold were also here before Ashley and N'Zog will be lucky to start a match as an attacking player if Duff is available.

I never got into the whole 'Keegan's been shat on' euphoria - it's the lack of any sort of real investment in the squad since Ashley arrived, coupled with the excuses and what appear to be outright lies that have come out of the club that has got my back up with him.  Keegan was talking about a left-back all last season, which the hierarchy failed to deliver on, and what was Kinnear talking about a couple of weeks back - getting in a left-back!  When it comes to transfer talk from Kinnear it's all starting to sound like deja-vu.

Even before the season started I'd decided to give my season ticket up next year - I'ts £650+ to line the pockets of one man rather than being invested back into the club, which will be going up to around £700 next season.  The whole three year ticket thing just sounded like a giant money grab.  Will that money still be in the club when Ashley has gone?

Another thing that has never sat right - He allegedly bragged about having 'balls of steel' in the business market, but after one protest he's put the club up for sale and issued a whiney statement telling the world that he has been threatened, kids that he took to the matches (?) have been threatened and he was to invest £20 million each year into the club (that's £40 million + you owe us at the minute then).  Does that sound like the actions of a man looking to be in the club for the long haul, or have the tabloids been correct and he's been in it for a quick sale from day one, making a tidy profit in the process, with the protests being the perfect excuse to leave and make him look like the victim to the outside world.