N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

NSG/BTK's readiness to play the sweeper keeper role was infuriating for us reds, given the amount of decent through balls he cut out  :weep:

:lol: It was infuriating for me too, with my defenders wandering off all over the place ;)

:lol:

I don't know about your team but we all lost our shape within 10 or so minutes of the start of each half. It was carnage from then on, though overall it didn't go as badly as I thought it might!

Although I am going to crack out the "we didn't have a keeper" excuse  :shifty:

to be fair we were out played in midfield because they had two of the best players on the park in the middle, i ended up either playing centre half or centre mid for the whole game and just alternating between the two, the shape and discipline of our team was pretty much awful. if we'd had a keeper it would've been closer though, no doubt.

Aye it pretty much meant we were rejigging every 5 minutes, which didn't help.

And yeah, were slaughtered at times in central mid due to their midfield movement. Revenge is on the cards  :knuppel2:

Guest Heneage

Thanks for the bullying lads.  :blush:

Ask Lien and Prophet I was so gutted on the metro back. And yeah Stu got an assist for the equalizer.

I always get like this but, when do you fancy the next one?

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40]  after an indiffrent performance at CB, Rich sends cp40 up front,.. 'go and have some fun' within a few mins,sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 The Prophet. Venkman played a great ball down the line, which was half-cleared by a blue defender. Pilko picked it up and skipped past three defenders, before realizing his route to goal was blocked. He got a toe to the ball before screaming "HIT IT IAN, HIT IT!", whereupon Prophet hit a firm shot into the near post out of the keepers' dive.

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

'90 Stu [stupeedo] : Reina-esque kick from the keeper intercepted by Stupeedo who would have had a clear run in on goal had it not been for a great piece of last-ditch defending by Venkman(? or Marky555? someone). Stupeedo, with his route to goal blocked, rolled the defender and laid the ball off to an unmarked Wullie, whose touch was...generous enough to allow the reds to get another man back, Wullie unselfishley played the ball back to a clearly onside Stupeedo (despite the desperate pleas from the red defence), who controlled the ball, composed himself and found the bottom corner away from the helpless keeper.

And in response to stupeedo's thing about me being disappointing...

First half, I admit I was totally fucking shocking. To be fair, I did get a couple of decent flicked headers in but the wind kind of scuppered any proper long ball approach. I dropped a bit deeper when we were defending and 'Alan Smithed' my way through the first 45 by closing down the centre backs and keeper. And to be fair I did go back for every single corner, even one when I was in the opposition 18-yard box from the last attack.

Was shocked during our half time team talk that despite going 4-4-1 to keep some kind of shape, they wanted me to continue alone upfront after that dismal showing. :lol:

Managed to grab that goal which I was relieved at and then that run to set up The Prophet showed I was growing into the game a bit. Of course, I always had company upfront in this 4-4-1 by Nixon who seemed to forget he was playing right back and just stood in the centre circle for 95% of the second half, telling me to "drag paddock out wide right, he's rubbish" and then trying to gallop half the length of the pitch when presented with the ball. :lol:

Then had a shot in the closing stages that fizzed across goal, and spent the last ten minutes trying to stay onside, just waiting for the killer pass (nowt to lose and that).

A slower-off-his-line keeper would have seen me grab about four goals, there was a couple of times that NSG just about beat me to the ball when it was played through, and the time I scored we got there at the same time and it fell for me to tap it into an open goal. Fair play to him though, he was class. :thup:

And then of course there was that cross at the end of the first half from Venkman on the left that I managed to knee out for a throw in. :lol:

Good game though, looking forward to the next one. Maybe earlier in the day? :thup:

Guest Heneage

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40]  after an indiffrent performance at CB, Rich sends cp40 up front,.. 'go and have some fun' within a few mins,sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 The Prophet. Venkman played a great ball down the line, which was half-cleared by a blue defender. Pilko picked it up and skipped past three defenders, before realizing his route to goal was blocked. He got a toe to the ball before screaming "HIT IT IAN, HIT IT!", whereupon Prophet hit a firm shot into the near post out of the keepers' dive.

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

'90 Stu [stupeedo] : Reina-esque kick from the keeper intercepted by Stupeedo who would have had a clear run in on goal had it not been for a great piece of last-ditch defending by Venkman(? or Marky555? someone). Stupeedo, with his route to goal blocked, rolled the defender and laid the ball off to an unmarked Wullie, whose touch was...generous enough to allow the reds to get another man back, Wullie unselfishley played the ball back to a clearly onside Stupeedo (despite the desperate pleas from the red defence), who controlled the ball, composed himself and found the bottom corner away from the helpless keeper.

And in response to stupeedo's thing about me being disappointing...

First half, I admit I was totally f***ing shocking. To be fair, I did get a couple of decent flicked headers in but the wind kind of scuppered any proper long ball approach. I dropped a bit deeper when we were defending and 'Alan Smithed' my way through the first 45 by closing down the centre backs and keeper. And to be fair I did go back for every single corner, even one when I was in the opposition 18-yard box from the last attack.

Was shocked during our half time team talk that despite going 4-4-1 to keep some kind of shape, they wanted me to continue alone upfront after that dismal showing. :lol:

Managed to grab that goal which I was relieved at and then that run to set up The Prophet showed I was growing into the game a bit. Of course, I always had company upfront in this 4-4-1 by Nixon who seemed to forget he was playing right back and just stood in the centre circle for 95% of the second half, telling me to "drag paddock out wide right, he's rubbish" and then trying to gallop half the length of the pitch when presented with the ball. :lol:

Then had a shot in the closing stages that fizzed across goal, and spent the last ten minutes trying to stay onside, just waiting for the killer pass (nowt to lose and that).

A slower-off-his-line keeper would have seen me grab about four goals, there was a couple of times that NSG just about beat me to the ball when it was played through, and the time I scored we got there at the same time and it fell for me to tap it into an open goal. Fair play to him though, he was class. :thup:

And then of course there was that cross at the end of the first half from Venkman on the left that I managed to knee out for a throw in. :lol:

Good game though, looking forward to the next one. Maybe earlier in the day? :thup:

Ahem.

I said Gimp was the worse of the two centre backs and you could do him for pace you stirring young swine! :p

pilko.

'Managed to grab that goal which I was relieved at and then that run to set up The Prophet showed I was growing into the game a bit. Of course, I always had company upfront in this 4-4-1 by Nixon who seemed to forget he was playing right back and just stood in the centre circle for 95% of the second half, telling me to "drag paddock out wide right, he's rubbish" and then trying to gallop half the length of the pitch when presented with the ball. '

Nixon said that about me, haha,

his jaw was on the floor when i allowed him a glimpse of what i really can do.

edit,...tho i admit im not the best in defence, i will play Dm next time,..i was a forward the last time i played,..before you were born pilko.

the thought of being called rubbish by Nixon,.... having to sneak offside to try and get away from a 40 year old bloke,. :no:

Haha ill agree with my report apart from being afraid of the ball.  :lol: I was quiet because i didn't know anyone, but next time it'll be different  :thup:

edit: also im not a striker, first time ive ever player there! didnt have a clue with positioning so i followed dave sometimes  :lol:

There was at least 2 occasions when I thought that you were Dave.

Wearing the same colour t-shirt and both about four foot two. :lol:

I agree with what Dave said a few pages back, might be more banter on future occasions because we'll know each other a bit better.

That said, was still very enjoyable, albeit not the result the world wanted  :razz:

Guest Heneage

pilko.

'Managed to grab that goal which I was relieved at and then that run to set up The Prophet showed I was growing into the game a bit. Of course, I always had company upfront in this 4-4-1 by Nixon who seemed to forget he was playing right back and just stood in the centre circle for 95% of the second half, telling me to "drag paddock out wide right, he's rubbish" and then trying to gallop half the length of the pitch when presented with the ball. '

edit,...tho i admit im not the best in defence, i will play Dm next time,..i was a forward the last time i played,..before you were born pilko.

the thought of being called rubbish by Nixon,.... having to sneak offside to try and get away from a 40 year old bloke,. :no:

Err I was playing on your shoulder thank you, had I just relaxed and controlled that first one its goal for Nixon. I am seriously determined to net in the next one. :lol:

I know its early but what about game on the weekend of the Derby?...

I think everybody did well considering the weather and lighting, nobody really let themselves down.

You musn't have noticed me in the first half then. :lol:

Or my control, when I tried to skin someone and lost the ball (cant remember who it was)  so I hauled him down and the ref said play on :lol:

pilko.

Err I was playing on your shoulder thank you, had I just relaxed and controlled that first one its goal for Nixon. I am seriously determined to net in the next one. :lol:

i'll still be pissed on the sunday man. we'll have to put you down as centre forward eh? coz you'll just play there anyway :pow:

aye, I was a little disappointed that no-one seemed up for a post-match pint, altho with the shit weather and the fact most people were cream crackered didn't really help (oh, and everyone got their stuff and left!)

as for the next one, how about waiting until end of Feb/March to allow those that have injured themselves to recover and the rest to get fit :lol:

ps: Pilko - only having a bit of fun. sorry to say but you'd have never scored that goal if the ref had told me he wasn't going to give offside because you were losing so heavily...I wouldn't have stepped up and NSG wouldn't have needed to come out of his goal

pilko.

Too soon.

aye, I was a little disappointed that no-one seemed up for a post-match pint, altho with the shit weather and the fact most people were cream crackered didn't really help (oh, and everyone got their stuff and left!)

as for the next one, how about waiting until end of Feb/March to allow those that have injured themselves to recover and the rest to get fit :lol:

ps: Pilko - only having a bit of fun. sorry to say but you'd have never scored that goal if the ref had told me he wasn't going to give offside because you were losing so heavily...I wouldn't have stepped up and NSG wouldn't have needed to come out of his goal

if you dont stop going on about the ref 'taking it easy' on us coz we were losing i'm going to withdraw my motm nomination O0, be gracious in victory! quite a few times dave (marky555) should've got a decision but didnt coz he's the ref's mate, trust me :frantic:

Guest marky555

NSG/BTK's readiness to play the sweeper keeper role was infuriating for us reds, given the amount of decent through balls he cut out  :weep:

Approximately 100 of these were my through balls

that's the only decision I've mentioned - and only then because it involved me (I stepped out to play Pilko offside) and it was so horrendously obvious that he was offside :-D

fair play to the ref, he did a very good job and let the game flow - reffed the game in the right spirit.