Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Guest firetotheworks

NUFC 2-2 Manchester City (Ireland 86)

NUFC 2-2 Wigan (Bramble 89)

NUFC 2-2 Stoke (Faye 90+2)

Kinnear is just such a f***ing joke. I am so f***ing pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. f***ing. t***.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but you can twist that and say that we were close to being 6 points better off. at least we are scoring goals and still picking up points and close to picking up wins that we would have seen through on another day.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short f***ing memories.

Oh give it a f***ing rest man.

Yes we know he's better than Hughton, why do people have to keep bringing that up? It doesn't excuse Kinnear for a second, so stop saying it.

Aye exactly. Stalin rules us and people are saying 'oh well do you want Hitler then?'. Fucks sake.

As for Kinnear being the reason for why we won the first half.

Erm... right... congratulations Kinnear on picking two strikers and two wingers, playing as two strikers and two wingers.

If we stay up, it's because of the players. We'll stay up in spite of the manager.

The players couldn't give a flying fuck if we stay up.

As long as they're still bringing home they're ridiculously over-inflated paypacket at the end of each week, they'll keep playing like shit.

They don't give a fuck about the club, only about their bank balance.

Do be quiet.

You actually disagree with that?

:lol: if you do

Kinnear is just such a f***ing joke. I am so f***ing pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. f***ing. t***.

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but you can twist that and say that we were close to being 6 points better off. at least we are scoring goals and still picking up points and close to picking up wins that we would have seen through on another day.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short f***ing memories.

Yes we know he's better than Hughton, why do people have to keep bringing that up? It doesn't excuse Kinnear for a second, so stop saying it.

Exactly. We could twist it again and say we could have been 10x better off if Keegan was still here, but thanks to the fat fuck and his cronies, we're not. Shouldn't be allowed to worm his way back in like he's trying to do.

Guys get out and enjoy your evenings.

We are clearly going to be fine under Kinnear and will not get relegated.

He has definitely made things better since we came in and there will be better days ahead.

Take care.

Erm... right... congratulations Kinnear on picking two strikers and two wingers, playing as two strikers and two wingers.

If we stay up, it's because of the players. We'll stay up in spite of the manager.

You honestly think Kinnear took them into the dressing room with a 2-0 lead and said "right lads, all change second half, sit back and defend your lead, no getting forward now!" 

If this is all down to tactics and not the character of the players, why are we always conceding at the end of matches?  Why do the poor tactics and bad substitutions always cost us at the same time?  It's like magic.

The reality is that whatever superior technical skill some of our players have is wasted, because there is no leadership and no character.  They can't maintain a lead because they lack the balls.  Stoke scored twice not because they have a better manager or superior quality, but because they don't give up whereas our own team fold at the first sign of pressure.

They don't have the balls for this fight, which is why we will likely go down. 

s*** result but we won't be relegated.

We'll still finish above Stoke, Mackems, West Brom, Blackburn, West Ham, and probably Boro.

Lottery numbers, please.

The lottery numbers don't have any form to go off. It's pure chance.  :pow:

Exactly, wheres our form?

We're scoring and we have a half-decent defence. Our midfield is shite but just about passable. We're not going to win any awards this year but we're not the worst team in the league. Not even close.

Our problems have been individual errors and poor tactics. The former is simply a question of confidence. We've seen time and time again that once you pick up a result then you're likely to pick up a few more. We'll hit winning ways. We've got the players to do it.

We've got the players but not the manager. He's clueless, simple as. Try and put a positive spin on it all you want.

As long as they're still bringing home they're ridiculously over-inflated paypacket at the end of each week, they'll keep playing like shit.

Do be quiet.

You actually disagree with that?

:lol: if you do

Cos it isn't even nearly fucking relevant. It's probably true, but it means fuck all in reply to my post. Even if they don't give a shit, they were 2-0 up and winning the game at a canter before half-time, weren't they. Then Kinnear happened and..............

I can't believe we played 3-5-2 at the beginning of the second half, when it was obvious that we were outclassing them in terms of movement/dynamics in the first.

4-4-2 was forcing them to run in useless channels between the centre backs and full backs, and they were over hitting passes from deep for goal kicks. 3-5-2 meant they were playing up against static defenders and the high ball became a viable attack. Even Kinnear must have known it would go wrong because we seamlessly went back to 4-4-2 after conceding.  

3-5-2 has been regarded as useless since its heyday in the 90's Bundesliga, yet there we were, all Borussia Dortmund circa 1995.

Guys get out and enjoy your evenings.

We are clearly going to be fine under Kinnear and will not get relegated.

He has definitely made things better since we came in and there will be better days ahead.

Take care.

You're on the wind-up aren't you?

You honestly think Kinnear took them into the dressing room with a 2-0 lead and said "right lads, all change second half, sit back and defend your lead, no getting forward now!" 

Possibly.

What i think he did was took Guthrie off, and by the end of the game, had four players playing miles out of position. That sort of thing costs you football matches, and it did today.

How is that even fucking relevant? Did you see the first half? We were 2-0 up and playing fucking brilliantly, because we have a group of quality players that were playing to their strengths. What has their wages got to do with anything?

It's just an excuse for me to get that off my chest.

It's a fucking joke. Everything.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly. We could twist it again and say we could have been 10x better off if Keegan was still here, but thanks to the fat f*** and his cronies, we're not. Shouldn't be allowed to worm his way back in like he's trying to do.

First sign of the Keegan Ashley arguement,  :eek: See ye later lads, Im off to have a cry in the shower or something equally depressing.

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short fucking memories.

Oh give it a fucking rest man.

What were you expecting when he took charge? better than this? :lol: Fuck me.

Guest LucaAltieri

s*** result but we won't be relegated.

We'll still finish above Stoke, Mackems, West Brom, Blackburn, West Ham, and probably Boro.

Lottery numbers, please.

The lottery numbers don't have any form to go off. It's pure chance.  :pow:

Exactly, wheres our form?

We're scoring and we have a half-decent defence. Our midfield is shite but just about passable. We're not going to win any awards this year but we're not the worst team in the league. Not even close.

Our problems have been individual errors and poor tactics. The former is simply a question of confidence. We've seen time and time again that once you pick up a result then you're likely to pick up a few more. We'll hit winning ways. We've got the players to do it.

We've got the players but not the manager. He's clueless, simple as. Try and put a positive spin on it all you want.

The manager isn't out on the pitch every week, thankfully. In the end it's down to the players. They will win and lose us games, not Kinnear - with the possible exception of today, which was sheer lunacy.

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short fucking memories.

You're absolutely right. We have absolutely no right to be pissed off whatsoever, tbh.

I cannot believe for one second that only Kinnear wants this job at the moment. I'm just gutted that Ashley has decided not to put up a bit of fight and win back some respect by employing a competent manager.

Kinnear is just as responsible for the first half performance as the second. Yeah the substitutions were woeful,

Nor is it the first time the "substitutions were woeful" - thats not learning from your mistakes.

True, but many managers of this club have done that before, including Keegan and Robson and it just doesn't work for us on the vast majority of occasions, it works at other clubs all the time, so I can see why they keep trying it, but not at NUFC. I think it's a psychological thing surrounding the whole club, the players, the fans, everyone, we just don't believe we can do it and therefore behave like it's a foregone conclusion, which of course usually means it is. Kinnear's had what, eleven games in charge? If he's still doing this at the end of the season and hasn't found a way to make it work then he'll have shown that he can't learn from his mistakes, just like all the other managers before him. However, if he stops doing it, or even better finds a way to make the tactic work, then he will have learned from them and it will be good for the club. How many people never make the same mistake twice? I can't say that I don't, can you?

Would you believe it...

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

RM - CM - CM - LW

CF - CF

= 2-0 up, coasting, playing brilliantly.

and...

GK

CB - CB - CB - LB

RB - CB - RM - LM

CF - CF

= conceding two goals, playing terribly.

Zomg.

You're absolutely right. We have absolutely no right to be pissed off whatsoever, tbh.

Don't you see the irony in being pissed off though? When Kinnear first took charge and we were absolutely terrible and playing without an ounce of confidence, would the reaction be as bad on here at a draw with Stoke?

Guest timmy boy

Faye what an absolute grade A cunt. Celebrating like that. You would of thought he scored the winner in the world cup final.

Guest LucaAltieri

Faye what an absolute grade A cunt. Celebrating like that. You would of thought he scored the winner in the world cup final.

Aye, a local lad who spent so many years at the club. With ties like that you'd expect a bit more respect.

Oh wait...

Shit result but we won't be relegated.

I'm not sure how you can be so confident.

If you can't hold onto a 2-0 lead over a club like Stoke, at home, then you deserve to be relegated if you ask me.

And it's not like the equaliser came out of nowhere. They deserved it and that's the thing that makes it so bad.

I agree with everything else you've said and most of this, however the free kick they scored from was never a foul in a million years, there was nothing there what so ever.