Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

NUFC 2-2 Manchester City (Ireland 86)

NUFC 2-2 Wigan (Bramble 89)

NUFC 2-2 Stoke (Faye 90+2)

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but you can twist that and say that we were close to being 6 points better off. at least we are scoring goals and still picking up points and close to picking up wins that we would have seen through on another day.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short fucking memories.

Oh give it a fucking rest man.

Yes we know he's better than Hughton, why do people have to keep bringing that up? It doesn't excuse Kinnear for a second, so stop saying it.

What were you expecting when he took charge? better than this? :lol: Fuck me.

How predictable - the three boring and overplayed defences for poor Joe.

"What did you expect?"

"He's better than Hughton"

"The players deserve most of the blame"

Ah OK then... that'll excuse him from any criticism.

There are many problems, Kinnear is one.  But there are inferior teams lower league with bigger idiots in charge who could maintain a 2-0 lead at home.  We regularly concede late goals because the players fold.

Put another way, on the list of people who I would currently enjoy shouting at and possibly hitting with a blunt object, Joe Kinnear would rank 4th or 5th after Faye and a few of our worst players.

Shit result but we won't be relegated.

We'll still finish above Stoke, Mackems, West Brom, Blackburn, West Ham, and probably Boro.

I'm not sure how you can be so confident.

If you can't hold onto a 2-0 lead over a club like Stoke, at home, then you deserve to be relegated if you ask me.

And it's not like the equaliser came out of nowhere. They deserved it and that's the thing that makes it so bad.

I agree with everything else you've said and most of this, however the free kick they scored from was never a foul in a million years, there was nothing there what so ever.

Well my point was more that on the balance in the second half, they deserved a goal more than we did. If we're talking literally about an actual goal, then that's different.

Guest LucaAltieri

worrying feeling.... actually i felt i can accept being relegated now! :kasper:

We've been here before. We're going nowhere.

If there was ever evidence to suggest the manager is at fault here, and not the players, then this is f***ing it.

Literally aghast at anyone who can defend Jokeinnear today.

If this is all down to the manager, why does it keep happening in the last 5 minutes of games?  Why don't we get beat by large margins?  Why do these bad tactics and poor substitutions (not denying that they aren't) always seem to cost us at the moment when the players are under the most pressure?

Why don't we get beat by large margins?  Why do these bad tactics and poor substitutions (not denying that they aren't) always seem to cost us at the moment when the players are under the most pressure?

Because we've been playing the likes of Stoke, Wigan and West Brom (where we managed to hang on to the win).

It's not criticism though, saying you hate someone and that he's a clueless cunt and wanting him to go. He deserves a lot of criticism but there's many going way OTT. As usual. If we held on there wouldn't be any of this, it's just so embarrassing, glad we've only got a few non-newcastle fans on here.

Guthrie going off stuffed us, Zoggy should have gone CM, Jonas was lke a lost puppy in the middle, Dukes coming on was a waste also. We lost it in the 2nd half as soon as they had a go but JK's decisions on how to change the game were very poor. GUTTED!!

No mate. The closest we've been to this was under Keegan last season. Only then, we had Kevin Keegan as manager.

This is the closest we've been to relegation since our time in the Premiership. And we've got Joe fucking Kinnear to mastermind us out of it.

Guys get out and enjoy your evenings.

We are clearly going to be fine under Kinnear and will not get relegated.

He has definitely made things better since we came in and there will be better days ahead.

Take care.

WHAT??  How are we CLEARLY going to be fine?  Correct me if I'm wrong here but we had 18 points this time last season!

If we held on there wouldn't be any of this

But we didn't, that's the whole point, we didn't and from the 50th minute it was pretty clear what was going to happen. Even if we had miracled through, it wouldn't have changed what happened from the 50th onwards (à la West Brom really). Just one big ball of shit rolling around on that pitch.

No mate. The closest we've been to this was under Keegan last season. Only then, we had Kevin Keegan as manager.

This is the closest we've been to relegation since our time in the Premiership. And we've got Joe f***ing Kinnear to mastermind us out of it.

When we had the long stretch where Keegan won fuck all, was that down to tactics and substitutions or the performances of the exact same group of players? 

the team basically picked itself, but ill give kinnear credit for making it work, particularly the emphasis on pace and width, with us doubling up on their full back at every opportunity, and martins dragging defenders out of position. it looked like a system that guaranteed us to be on top and, when guthrie went off, kinnear shouldve done everything he could to maintain this system.

but he changed it around and stripped us of what made us so dangerous, taking players out of their positions and putting them in untested places or slots they are not suited to. then he made it worse by taking martins off, and again by taking off geremi, our last remaining central midfielder. as a collection, those 3 subs are the worst i can remember as a newcastle fan.

Guest LucaAltieri

This is the closest we've been to relegation since our time in the Premiership. And we've got Joe fucking Kinnear to mastermind us out of it.

We've also got a squad of talented players. Many of which have things to play for other than just staying up. Michael Owen (along with a few others) is in the shop window. There's plenty of reason to still expect performances and expect wins.

If we're in a similar situation this time next year, then I'd be shitting myself. As it stands, we still have the quality to finish above a good half a dozen teams.

Yep, short memories. We'll be fine.

Really wish you'd fuck off with this condescending bullshit Diablo. Short memories of what? I remember last season perfectly.

Dalglish and Gullit left within a few weeks of the respective new seasons. We were close-ish to relegation under Souness, but we were five points away from the drop-zone with a few months to go. Roeder, we were never really in danger - i never really understood this big sigh of relief when we won at Sheffield United. We were miles away from going down. Last season we were potentially going down - that's the closest we've been until now, but we had Kevin Keegan and pulled ourselves away.

This season, we're a few points off bottom of the table at Christmas times, with a shitty run of fixtures in the New Year. With Joe Kinnear.

We're perilously close to relegation, man.

This is the closest we've been to relegation since our time in the Premiership. And we've got Joe f***ing Kinnear to mastermind us out of it.

When we had the long stretch where Keegan won fuck all, was that down to tactics and substitutions or the performances of the exact same group of players? 

Team selection, if you ask me. Picking Butt, Duff, Smith, Owen every week in a dead-end system. He got it right in the end though.

Yep, short memories. We'll be fine.

Really wish you'd f*** off with this condescending bullshit Diablo. Short memories of what? I remember last season perfectly.

Dalglish and Gullit left within a few weeks of the respective new seasons. We were close-ish to relegation under Souness, but we were five points away from the drop-zone with a few months to go. Roeder, we were never really in danger - i never really understood this big sigh of relief when we won at Sheffield United. We were miles away from going down. Last season we were potentially going down - that's the closest we've been until now, but we had Kevin Keegan and pulled ourselves away.

This season, we're a few points off bottom of the table at Christmas times, with a shitty run of fixtures in the New Year. With Joe Kinnear.

We're perilously close to relegation, man.

We just finished above relagation mate the seasn Roeder was sacked.

Guest Stephen927

All boiled down to that substitution after half time. Guthrie off, Taylor on, aye he got that one right, spot on. But it was where he placed Taylor and Beye that fucked everything that was good about the first half up. Coloccini has played defensive midfielder before, got a lot for Deportivo IIRC, whereas Habib Beye has rarely, if ever played on the wing.

Disgusting decision.