Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

I can't think of anything Enrique did particularly wrong.

I was there btw. :razz:

I scrutinesed his showing and he was horse plop.

I think he defended OK but it looked as if 50% of his passes went to the opposition.

Perhaps I ignored the latter as par for the course. :laugh:

BooBoo has always had something against Enrique, he seems incapable of being fair towards him. Same for Owen.

And how on earth was Gutierrez "Completly ineffective" (sic)? First half he was creative and causing them all sorts of problems. In the second half he was pointlessly moved inside and as with the rest of the team, didn't do much.

did you see him get skinned by Griffin?  :laugh:

that was quality by griffin. had jonas done it you'd have still been wanking over it.

that was quality by griffin. had jonas done it you'd have still been wanking over it.

it was class tbf. made me laugh though, not what id expect from him.

He probably did it by accident.

Was pretty much on exactly the same blade of grass as he crossed from against Juventus for the goal too wasn't it?

Given 6

Beye- 5

Enrique -3 - Useless as always

Colo- 4

Bass

Guthrie- 7- Great until hooked through injury

Guti-4 Completly ineffective

Geremi- 5- OK

CNZ- 6- Did OK

Owen-5- Great first half

Martins- See above

Viduka- 3- Terribly useless

Cacapa-3 Clown

:kasper: WTF??? (harsh on the others too)

Seriously, a guy scores 2 and you give him 5?

Owen sumed it up for me with his post match interview, we never looked like a team throughout the game apart from brief patches in the first half. Again the opposition has dominated a game (second half), is this down to coaching or lack of talent?? Also he touched on his contract developments, how the fuck can you sort contracts out if the club is trying to be sold?! Right mess this and VERY amatuer, we could be in some serious trouble come end of season! Next two games pompy and spurs, will we get anything from these...how about 2 more draws, Fucking hell!

BooBoo has always had something against Enrique, he seems incapable of being fair towards him. Same for Owen.

And how on earth was Gutierrez "Completly ineffective" (sic)? First half he was creative and causing them all sorts of problems. In the second half he was pointlessly moved inside and as with the rest of the team, didn't do much.

Jose and little Mickey were crap today. That doesnt even warrant discussion.

Jonas was awful other than a very nice through ball. I generally think the lad is astonishingly average. I judge on proof and Guttierez has shown very little to suggest he will be a top player for NUFC.

How can you seriously sit there and call him awful and Owen "crap"?

No doubt you'll immediately come back at me and condescend as I could only watch the game via a stream but I still think you're prone to exaggeration. You know as I do that Owen needs service, and if he doesn't get that can be anonymous. I felt Jonas was providing him with some of said service in the first half which makes it hard to understand why Kinnear moved him around for the second. Zog and Geremi weren't much better/worse.

Yes he was average and anonymous at best in the second half but so was the whole team.

Jose and little Mickey were crap today. That doesnt even warrant discussion.

Jonas was awful other than a very nice through ball. I generally think the lad is astonishingly average. I judge on proof and Guttierez has shown very little to suggest he will be a top player for NUFC.

If little Mickey were crap today, please, god, let him be crap everyday!

Just going by the 60 minute highlights on Sky -

Very disappointing result, because although Stoke are dangerous at set pieces, in open play they looked the poorest side I've seen in the Premiership this season.

The longer the game went on, the more we seemed to struggle to hold on to the ball. The injury to Guthrie didn't help - after that, the midfield looked a bit of a mess, but with Butt and Barton both out, Kinnear wasn't flush with options. However, it's also a problem that neither Owen nor Martins are great at holding the ball up.

Tin hat time, but our best performances this season have come with Shola in the side.

Very disappointing result, because although Stoke are dangerous at set pieces, in open play they looked the poorest side I've seen in the Premiership this season.

The longer the game went on, the more we seemed to struggle to hold on to the ball. The injury to Guthrie didn't help - after that, the midfield looked a bit of a mess, but with Butt and Barton both out, Kinnear wasn't flush with options. However, it's also a problem that neither Owen nor Martins are great at holding the ball up.

Tin hat time, but our best performances this season have come with Shola in the side.

I think Shola and Viduka are fairly interchangeable, unsurprisingly I'd rather have the latter in the first 11 though.

Which ones?

No doubt you'll immediately come back at me and condescend as I could only watch the game via a stream but I still think you're prone to exaggeration. You know as I do that Owen needs service, and if he doesn't get that can be anonymous. I felt Jonas was providing him with some of said service in the first half which makes it hard to understand why Kinnear moved him around for the second. N'Zogbia and Geremi weren't much better/worse.

Yes he was average and anonymous at best in the second half but so was the whole team.

Owen as captain should have offered a lot more in my book, especially in the second half. Its awful that a bloke that wont commit himself to the club is the captain of our Newcastle United. That makes him a top grade wanker imo and as soon as he's gone the better.

Jose is generally crap and anyone who suggests otherwise, well they have a twisted view on the game.

Which ones?

I was thinking Man City, West Brom (first half) and Villa.

Which ones?

I was thinking Man City, West Brom (first half) and Villa.

If you're going to count West Brom, you have to count today because we were as good in the first half as we've been all season.

No doubt you'll immediately come back at me and condescend as I could only watch the game via a stream but I still think you're prone to exaggeration. You know as I do that Owen needs service, and if he doesn't get that can be anonymous. I felt Jonas was providing him with some of said service in the first half which makes it hard to understand why Kinnear moved him around for the second. N'Zogbia and Geremi weren't much better/worse.

Owen as captain should have offered a lot more in my book, especially in the second half. Its awful that a bloke that wont commit himself to the club is the captain of our Newcastle United. That makes him a top grade wanker imo and as soon as he's gone the better.

Jose is generally crap and anyone who suggests otherwise, well they have a twisted view on the game.

That's why you gave him 5???