Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest johnson293

Actually love this move. I'm happy that he's gone and Liverpool fans are pissed off  :lol:

As well as a large number of man utd fans... so it ticks most of the boxes!!  ;D

Guest firetotheworks

You think SAF will loan us another youngster after what happened to Rossi?

Nothing in that bar a throw away comment tbh.  Conditions completely changed, if we don't sign any more strikers we're an ideal club for either of them to come and get some experience - well not ideal, but ok.

Maybe you've answered yourself just there. The Rossi situation was 5 managers ago.

You think SAF will loan us another youngster after what happened to Rossi?

Nothing in that bar a throw away comment tbh.  Conditions completely changed, if we don't sign any more strikers we're an ideal club for either of them to come and get some experience - well not ideal, but ok.

Maybe you've answered yourself just there. The Rossi situation was 5 managers ago.

Yeah, was well aware whilst I was typing.

That potential sale to Everton is a fucker tbh. Even if we'd not bought anyone new, the money raised (and saved on wages) would have been really useful. And someone else could have played more, of course.

Guest firetotheworks

That potential sale to Everton is a fucker tbh. Even if we'd not bought anyone new, the money raised (and saved on wages) would have been really useful. And someone else could have played more, of course.

Thats hindsight for you, I imagine we wouldn't have got adequate cover, still been relegated and then cursed Kinnear for selling our best player.

Im not suggesting he was btw, just thats the way it works with hindsight.

Guest firetotheworks

If we had the chance to play Beye - Bassong - S.Taylor - Enrique for 80% of the season we wouldn't be relegated.

FYP

:nope:

Thats hindsight for you, I imagine we wouldn't have got adequate cover, still been relegated and then cursed Kinnear for selling our best player.

Im not suggesting he was btw, just thats the way it works with hindsight.

We already knew he wasn't doing much whilst we were sliding towards relegation and spending an absolute fortune on his wages though.

I know what you mean like; things would probably have conspired against us anyway. :weep:

What potential sale to Everton?

Billy Bullshitter (Joe Kinnear) told SSN today that we almost sold Owen to Everton in January.

If we had the chance to play Beye - Bassong - Coloccini - Enrique for 80% of the season we wouldn't be relegated.

He is worse than Owen :facepalm:

He could be arsed though, and played plenty too.

Was just a poor player for us.  

Billy Bullshitter (Joe Kinnear) told SSN today that we almost sold Owen to Everton in January.

Brilliant. I can't wait for David Moyes to come out with the suprised "er....wtf is that old codger on about?" conference :lol:

Lots of selective memory going on regarding Coloccini. At one point he and Bassong looked our best bet in the centre by a mile, and Taylor was gash.

That was around the same time Owen was averaging a goal every other game for us this season funnily enough.

Lots of selective memory going on regarding Coloccini. At one point he and Bassong looked our best bet in the centre by a mile, and Taylor was gash.

That was around the same time Owen was averaging a goal every other game for us this season funnily enough.

So what? Nearly every player in the squad let us down terribly in the final third, ie when it really mattered. Owen and Coloccini can fuck off, just like most of the rest of them.

Coloccini would have done well in an stable back four imo.

I love that word.  Like it is such a sure thing! he played pretty much every game btw and from those he had about 4 good games?  :lol:

His display against Liverpool - was the worse performance have ever seen from a NUFC player...

..he doesn't have the attributes to be even considered a poor PL defender tbh let alone an average one.

If we had the chance to play Beye - Bassong - Coloccini - Enrique for 80% of the season we wouldn't be relegated.

He is worse than Owen :facepalm:

He could be arsed though, and played plenty too.

Was just a poor player for us.  

He could be arsed?? were you watching the same player as me?