Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567CED7000005DC-858_148x112_popup.jpg

Thought the third paragraph was interesting

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194209/MICHAEL-OWEN-BROCHURE-The-complete-32-page-agents-dossier-fallen-Newcastle-star-England-striker.html?ITO=1490 the whole brochure for those interested)

Wasn't James born just after he moved here?

Guest toonlass

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/firetotheworks/Owen.jpg

Its not supposed to be funny btw. Im deadly serious.

:lol:

More like the real Michael Owen. Get it sent to the Daily Mail.

I'd be very very surprised if Owen gets a contract on 50K a week anywhere else! And Ashely were willing to offer him 75K a week back in January or was it even more?

That's a prfect example how fucked our current wages policy is...

Strange obsession with horses - Bit of a twat - Obsessed with England

Weak as piss - Boring as fuck - Not the player he was by a long shot

Symbolic of modern football - One trick pony turned no trick pony - Too rich

Uninspiring - No Craig Bellamy - Completely alienated NUFC fans

Always fucking injured - Worst ever Newcastle captain - £100,000+ a fucking week!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567CEBE000005DC-92_148x112_popup.jpg

Found the second paragraph interesting. Or well, I just like it when people say they have belief in Shearer, even if it's cunts saying it.  :smitten:

Found the second paragraph interesting. Or well, I just like it when people say they have belief in Shearer, even if it's cunts saying it.  :smitten:

I don't know, I found both that part and the one about Keegan to be a bit 'No, no! Michael's really loyal, honest!'.

Guest toonlass

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567CEBE000005DC-92_148x112_popup.jpg

That second paragraph should have read

"His belief in the potential Management of his long time friend Alan Shearer wavered when he was dropped in the run in after scoring no goals in 4 months, and he hadn't received a lucrative contract offer on the table. Michael couldn't give a shit that he, as club captain, helped Newcastle to their relegation from the top flight."

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

What would be the point of saying something?

The player threads on here are a mix of this:

'He's said nothing, he's a disgrace, doesn't care about the fans!'

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

He should have stepped forward as Club Captain, not only off the pitch but on it as well, he couldn't motivate himself or his team mates, he went missing and as Club Captain that's a disgrace.

And he would've been slagged of by most for doing so IMO, it's no win for players in a losing team.

Our club captain still hasn't had anything to say about our relegation, which is a f***ing joke.

He would have been damned if he did, damned if he didn't really.

If he'd came out and apologised or whatever, people would have slagged him off for his lack of form and said that what would he care he'd be gone anyway, and with him not saying owt, he's a disgrace for not talking about it. I haven't read any quotes from the Boro captain saying sorry, etc.

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

He should have stepped forward as Club Captain, not only off the pitch but on it as well, he couldn't motivate himself or his team mates, he went missing and as Club Captain that's a disgrace.

And he would've been slagged of by most for doing so IMO, it's no win for players in a losing team.

Our club captain still hasn't had anything to say about our relegation, which is a f***ing joke.

If he'd came out and apologised or whatever, people would have slagged him off for his lack of form and said that what would he care he'd be gone anyway, and with him not saying owt, he's a disgrace for not talking about it.

As club captain he should have said something, whether he gets slagged off or not. Absolutely no backbone.

PS - couldn't give a fuck what Boro do.

Guest toonlass

and

If he'd came out and apologised or whatever, people would have slagged him off for his lack of form and said that what would he care he'd be gone anyway, and with him not saying owt, he's a disgrace for not talking about it. I haven't read any quotes from the Boro captain saying sorry, etc.

If he was any type of club captain he would have gained the respect of the fans. He was only ever made club captain by Keegan to stroke his ego. He was, and is, a useless motivator on and off the pitch and couldn't motivate jelly to set.

I don't know, I found both that part and the one about Keegan to be a bit 'No, no! Michael's really loyal, honest!'.

Absolutely, it's the only realistic reason why those points were made.  They seemed out of place to say the least.

and

If he was any type of club captain he would have gained the respect of the fans. He was only ever made club captain by Keegan to stroke his ego. He was, and is, a useless motivator on and off the pitch and couldn't motivate jelly to set.

Shearer was a shit captain as well.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/417/fernm.jpgA great presence in the office

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4326/michaelowen.jpg"A great presence in the Dressing Room"

Guest toonlass

Respect of the fans. :lol:

Yeah right. I can just see the likes of Skirge, Ronaldo, etc. on here had he apologised, saying, "Oh yeah, what a nice bloke. Least he said soz".

I didn't mean by saying sorry. I meant that if he had been any kind of captain, which he hasn't, in the year or so he has held the position he would have got the respect of the fans, which he hasn't. I have been against Owen being captain since the minute he was given the armband as he couldn't motivate a scab to heal.

I don't think he was the one banging on Keegan's door begging for the captain's armband.

At what point in the previous 10 years had he shown he was captain material or whatever? I blame him for his lack of form and goals in 2009. I don't blame him for being a sh*t captain or not apologising to the fans because I've NEVER viewed him as a captain.