Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Why is every single post just repeating the same stuff, no-one likes him, we get it.  :lol:

Personally I don't think 8 in 28 for a striker in a relegated team is that bad to be honest and he is worth a punt on a free.

He hasn't lost any pace (or any other attributes) since the first half of the season where his scoring record was good, his record was **** in the second half of the season due to lack of bottle/confidence/service but that won't be the case at Man U.

to be fair, if he cant motivate himself to play for a team with the kind of support we demonstrated against Villa, how the fuck is going to do it for those souless wankers. Of course, i'm sure the pay as you play deal might help somewhat

Guest The Libertine

Would happily break this smug cunts legs if I got the chance.

nah, you wouldnt.

Guest neesy111

owen's scoring record across his whole career is littered by scoring goals against weaker teams i.e. us for starters

funny has he's never done it properly at all of the major tournaments as well for england, maximum of 2 in a major tournament

he never scored against the top 4 at newcastle and only scored 4 goals against team's that we're in the top half of the table

it's something that the media has always overlooked, Post-1998 he's let England down badly in the tournaments

I honestly don't know how he does it, his reputation is an absolute sham

it's something that the media has always overlooked, Post-1998 he's let England down badly in the tournaments

Bit harsh. I'd say from Euro 2004.

He was a very decent threat in 2000 and 2002. Was ridiculously crap in '04 only managed that one goal that was handed on a plate to him.

Guest neesy111

I honestly don't know how he does it, his reputation is an absolute sham

yeap, never scored more than 19 goals a season, sorry but the best strikers score 25-30 a season and regularly

Would happily break this smug c***s legs if I got the chance.

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

Maybe not. But it's staggering how he has got this deal after the utter contempt he showed the fans and the club as a whole last season.

Guest neesy111

Bit harsh. I'd say from Euro 2004

euro 2000, 1 goal

world cup 2002, 2 goals none in the group stages

euro 2004, 1 goal none in the group stages

world cup 2006, no goals

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

Maybe not. But it's staggering how he has got this deal after the utter contempt he showed the fans and the club as a whole last season.

chill dude. who gives a fuck about Owen!?

Owen has score international goals against: Argentina (98), Brazil (00), France (00), Germany (01), Brazil (02), Portugal (04), Argentina (05)

Doesn't do it against the bid teams tbh

Should definitely discount every goal that isn't in that list as well - just not worthy.

Solid international record for a country that isn't/wasn't a dominant force - actually scored goals in the games we were knocked out of international cups in.  Should have scored more Michael you tool tbh etc.

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

chill dude. who gives a f*** about Owen!?

He is whats wrong with football. This game is about the fans. When cunts like this take us for mugs it does my tits in.

euro 2000, 1 goal

2000 we were a a very poor team, he played well. 2002 He won the pen against the Argies, played well and took the chances clinically vs Denmark and Brazil.

I wouldn't say his performances in those tournaments "let England down badly" at all.

world cup 2006, no goals

Well yeah thanks... what I said.

Not only not scoring in those but playing very very poorly too.

euro 2000, 1 goal

world cup 2006, no goals

absolutely

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

He is whats wrong with football. This game is about the fans. When c***s like this take us for mugs it does my tits in.

You're not wrong at all. Just that he's finally fucked off now and isn't our problem any longer

Guest The Libertine

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

He is whats wrong with football. This game is about the fans. When cunts like this take us for mugs it does my tits in.

how much blame do you assign to shepherd for this?

Guest neesy111

i just can't wait for whole money bubble to burst and the like's of owen have to make do on 20k a week

how will they be able to survive  :kinnear:

If they sign Luis Fabiano there's no chance he'll be in the first Xl tbh. As a bench player i dont think he'll be that effective. One of those players who need an awful lot of time on the pitch to put the ball in the net, even against tired legs

Guest Chubby Jason

I used to see Owen all the time in the gym near me whenever he was injured. The gym is in Cheshire (Greater Manchester) so he was always up in that area when he was injured.

I'm rejoining there soon so I'll be sure to rub his head for luck next time I bump into him.

If they sign Luis Fabiano there's no chance he'll be in the first Xl tbh. As a bench player i dont think he'll be that effective. One of those players who need an awful lot of time on the pitch to put the ball in the net, even against tired legs

What makes you say he needs a lot of time to score? 

His % goals to shots completion from last season would imply that he doesn't need many chances to score...