Would you take Bellamy back?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ollie Bernard was the best player on the pitch at the San Siro not so long ago. I bet we could get him back to help out and who cares about his recent form and... oh, hang on.

daft man. you're talking almost 6 years back, and a player who only had 2 good seasons in his entire career

Ollie Bernard was the best player on the pitch at the San Siro not so long ago. I bet we could get him back to help out and who cares about his recent form and... oh, hang on.

daft man. you're talking almost 6 years back, and a player who only had 2 good seasons in his entire career

jesus wept ronald

And people complain about Owen being injured?

Apart from the fact he's a little turd scrote who isn't anything like the player he was - do you not think it strange how he's always at the top of the list when clubs need to sell?

We need fresh blood - and not another striker midget.

:lol: I do hope these people realise that if we signed Bellamy, we'd have two strikers shorter than him. He'd be a giant among men.

height doesn't matter too much....timing and execution does. think how many headres owen has scored,martins for that matter. ferdinand was,i believe under 6ft aswell.

I'm sorry, but no. There are severe disadvantages to have three tiny strikers, and two fragile tiny strikers. It's not even about being under or above six foot. I definitely take some one who has 5' 10-11 and a bit robust. I think power and height are important attributes of strikers and always have been.

martins is robust and on aoccasions has shown himself to be able to lead like that (unfortunatly as he keeps proving you never know which martins is turning up).

agreed it's not ideal but think rooney-tevez........beardsley-cole....?

There's a reason Manchester United bought Berbatov. And Cole is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned a robust player of average height. Oba is robust and physical, and that's something I like about him, but his sheer lack of height and body size prevents him from fulfilling certain roles.

Apart from the fact he's a little turd scrote who isn't anything like the player he was - do you not think it strange how he's always at the top of the list when clubs need to sell?

:lol: I do hope these people realise that if we signed Bellamy, we'd have two strikers shorter than him. He'd be a giant among men.

height doesn't matter too much....timing and execution does. think how many headres owen has scored,martins for that matter. ferdinand was,i believe under 6ft aswell.

I'm sorry, but no. There are severe disadvantages to have three tiny strikers, and two fragile tiny strikers. It's not even about being under or above six foot. I definitely take some one who has 5' 10-11 and a bit robust. I think power and height are important attributes of strikers and always have been.

martins is robust and on aoccasions has shown himself to be able to lead like that (unfortunatly as he keeps proving you never know which martins is turning up).

There's a reason Manchester United bought Berbatov. And Cole is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned a robust player of average height. Oba is robust and physical, and that's something I like about him, but his sheer lack of height and body size prevents him from fulfilling certain roles.

man utd didn't take berbatov for his height/heading ability

It's not just height/heading, because Tevez is alright in the air, but it's for holding the ball up and generally being able to compete with defenders physically. What do you think they signed him for?

It's not just height/heading, because Tevez is alright in the air, but it's for holding the ball up and generally being able to compete with defenders physically. What do you think they signed him for?

tevez is better dealing with the physicality than berbatov.....berbatov has better movement,technique outside the box and vision.......man u should drop rooney and try those two together imo

Guest sittingontheball

According to the Independent, W.Ham would only want to sell Bellamy if they sign a replacement, and "would also want, at least, to recoup close to the record £7.5m spent on him."

Aye, and Icelanders are still flush with cash. They'll get what people give them for their players and nowt more. Especially if they're used to silly wages.

I think Bellamy's still class and suspect that Liverpool must have dumped him so quickly for personality issues. However, he's not a midfielder, and given the amount of cash we've got to play with, that's all we can afford. Especially if we're going for a first choice left back. Two center mids, esp ones that can play 4-3-3, would be my main priority. If we are to sign a striker, a big physical one for Route One would make most sense in a relegation battle.

Given his injury record, our bad luck with injuries, and a dubious past at the club (not blaming him for everything) I think I would stay clear, on his day he is one of the most effective players in the Prem but I don't think we would see enough of his days.

After watching Bellamy today for west ham, i so want him back.. its a joy watching him play

Aye best player for WH again today. Love the way he's always at it...Won't let the defenders rest. Did Terry bring him down for a pen?

After watching Bellamy today for west ham, i so want him back.. its a joy watching him play

Aye best player for WH again today. Love the way he's always at it...Won't let the defenders rest. Did Terry bring him down for a pen?

Dont think so? But Terry struggled with him,  and got damn how quick bellamy is. He got great accelaration + pace, and he runs at everything.