Would you take Bellamy back?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, reading through people want a striker who scores goals, is never injured and has pace.

The people who dont want that, do they want a striker who doesn't score goals, is always injured & has no pace?

We have already go Viduka filling that slot.

So, reading through people want a striker who scores goals, is never injured and has pace.

Fine.

Who's coughing up the £25m? :lol:

People would like that, they don't expect it. There's still a difference between a player prone to injury and fitness problems, and a player who gets the odd one.

Fine.

Who's coughing up the £25m? :lol:

No, I'm actually quite happy with our current strikers.

If we've got £5m, I'd rather spend them on a new midfielder.

Should tease West Ham with a cheeky £2million bid. We should also bid for Diarra :thup:

West Ham may sell at that price, Diarra will have better offers than NUFC.

In the worst-case scenario for west ham they sell no players in January & get landed with a £30million+ compensation bill for the Tevez affair and get forced into administration.  If that happened then we might get him for £2-3million.

Signing Bellamy isn't ideal and I'm not suggesting it is, but in our situation we need Bellamy (or someone like him) to make things work. West Ham are short of cash and as someone said earlier Noble is a very good player as well. They might have to sell 3/4 players and it might not be so easy to pick up players from other clubs in Jan when it is notoriously difficult, hence running the rule over the West Ham squad. Bellamy stuck out for me as the kind of player who is still motivated (he showed plenty of it on Mon) and has a bit of pace and nous. It will be much more difficult to rectify the midfield problem in the Jan window and midfielders tend to be more expensive even if they are semi-good. Look at the money Villa and Everton spent on goodish midfielders in the summer.

Signing Bellamy isn't ideal and I'm not suggesting it is, but in our situation we need Bellamy (or someone like him) to make things work. West Ham are short of cash and as someone said earlier Noble is a very good player as well. They might have to sell 3/4 players and it might not be so easy to pick up players from other clubs in Jan when it is notoriously difficult, hence running the rule over the West Ham squad. Bellamy stuck out for me as the kind of player who is still motivated (he showed plenty of it on Mon) and has a bit of pace and nous. It will be much more difficult to rectify the midfield problem in the Jan window and midfielders tend to be more expensive even if they are semi-good. Look at the money Villa and Everton spent on goodish midfielders in the summer.

could be the answer to the wide right problem.

What?!

Strikers are almost always going to be the more costly, aside from the rare occasion where a club needs the money and so will sell at a reduced price. End of the day they do the most important job on the pitch.

No, I'm actually quite happy with our current strikers.

If we've got £5m, I'd rather spend them on a new midfielder.

What he said.

We're going to have to get some kind of MF anyway. Barton is out for ages by all accounts.

What?!

Strikers are almost always going to be the more costly, aside from the rare occasion where a club needs the money and so will sell at a reduced price. End of the day they do the most important job on the pitch.

...aha so we should snap up a bargain striker...Non?

could be the answer to the wide right problem.

Yup.