Fantastic news!

Dave

The fact the club are even considering giving the likes of Shola a new deal speak volumes about their ability to assess the squad in any capacity.

You've got to remember this is the same club who gave Jamie McClen a 4-year contract on the back of a good game against Arsenal, so nowt should surprise us anymore tbh.

I wouldn't expect Keegan to put up with dross like Butt and Duff and pretend they are what he wanted (and he would have to).

The club was capable of improving its previous league position if Keegan had stayed and then we would have found it easier to replace Butt and Duff.

Thought this thread would be about the Dacia Sandero.

:lol:

Although it does sound like a South American foofballer.  Watch Oliver say we're linked with him next week.

This is ridiculous.

Shola was worth 3m in the summer on the back of a load of injury problems, no goals in 2 years and with one year on his contract.

So if we were to give him a 2 year deal, he maintains his fitness and continues performing to the level he has been this season, how much would he be worth then?

It would still be at least 3m and the new owner and manager can make the decision to move him on if they see fit. Harps is a good squad man, while it appears Butt had something written in to his contract that he would get another year if he played half our games.

The first team needs strengthening all over. We can't afford to lose some of the squad players as we'd need to replace them as well as sign first teamers!

This is ridiculous.

Shola was worth 3m in the summer on the back of a load of injury problems, no goals in 2 years and with one year on his contract.

So if we were to give him a 2 year deal, he maintains his fitness and continues performing to the level he has been this season, how much would he be worth then?

It would still be at least 3m and the new owner and manager can make the decision to move him on if they see fit. Harps is a good squad man, while it appears Butt had something written in to his contract that he would get another year if he played half our games.

The first team needs strengthening all over. We can't afford to lose some of the squad players as we'd need to replace them as well as sign first teamers!

The worry with Shola is that with a new contract he won't want to go.

Butt and Viduka's contracts should not be renewed this summer. We should also get rid of Smith and possibly Duff too.

Be good to re sign Shola and then sell him for a couple of million.

We have Barton, Gutherie in the CM slots. Geremi, Colo and Lua Lua can cover if needs be. Butt's passing is poor and his legs are going now too, he's no spring chicken.

Ameobi and Butt overjoyed by new contracts.

http://i34.tinypic.com/167tcab.gif

Edit: Sorry, but the Thought Police have been in. Obviously If I'd done a girl with curls and said it was Colocinni or a fat child and said it was Viduka, that would be fine.  :rolleyes:

The fact the club are even considering giving the likes of Shola a new deal speak volumes about their ability to assess the squad in any capacity.

Shola's under 30, cheap and can offer a battering ram option on the bench which we don't have in our squad so I don't mind that so much. Nicky Butt is the one that pisses me off because I know he'll get picked week in, week out while he's here.

Shola's under 30, cheap and can offer a battering ram option on the bench which we don't have in our squad so I don't mind that so much. Nicky Butt is the one that pisses me off because I know he'll get picked week in, week out while he's here.

So are most visitors of the Bigg Market on a Friday night. Doesn't make them qualified to play for Newcastle United though..

Guest The Libertine

he'll never, ever leave. i have loads more respect for players like chopra who take the chance and move to get first team football and prove they're decent instead of "doing a shola".

my least favourite player of all time, fact fans.

Guest Chris P

Sholas done alright recently, just has to learn to use his body weight with a little more subtlty . whats wrong with keeping him . He cost us nowt for a start. Great squad player and he loves the club.

Sholas done alright recently, just has to learn to use his body weight with a little more subtlty . whats wrong with keeping him . He cost us nowt for a start. Great squad player and he loves the club.

I knew "great" was an overused word, but this is pushing it very far indeed.

Aye, he'll surely learn this time!  :rolleyes: