The Story So Far

Tooj

Team: Newcastle United

Current Position: 12th

Where did you expect your team to cu rrently be: To be quite honest I thought we would be around 8th or 9th in the league had Keegan stayed.

Best player so far this season: Gutierrez does it for me, just for the fact that he makes them worth watching again and his 100% effort as well as that gliding guile of his!!!!

Worst player so far this season: Quite difficult as there have been apalling individual displays and then they have gone and proved themselves to be useful the week after. Duff, Enrique, Geremi, Butt and Shola have all done this...

Best game so far: Portsmouth, we actually looked like a team and a clean sheet away from home with a commanding performance. man u came a close second.

Worst game so far: Sunderland, they are in as bad a situation and we couldn-t lift our game to beat the plastic paddies...uuurgh

Who would you like to sign in January: A left back to give back up and competition to enrique (who is playing quite well of late) and a creative midfielder who is also a battler.

Who wyou like to sell in January:ould  Alan Smith and Shola if we can get any dollar for them.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: An honest bloke who seems to be learning from his mistakes and isn-t ruled by the senior professionals. has the players in the team on merit and not name. Quite impressed actually.

General thoughts on your team so far: We are capable of a lot more if we are lucky with injuries. A shame that the shambles upstairs has ruined our season, with a stable set up and the same team we would be in 6th or 7th position.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: I think we will make it up to the top half of the table, can-t really ask for any more. If we do buy a couple of decent players in Jan we could even challenge for intertoto or uefa.

Guest Jawesome

Where did you expect your team to currently be: 5th-8th

Best player so far this season: Jonas

Worst player so far this season: Jose Enrique, bar the past two games.

Best game so far: Portsmouth away for the sheer fact that we were never expected to win it like that.

Worst game so far: Sunderland away, for obvious reasons.

Who would you like to sign in January: Leighton Baines, Valencia from Wigan and Kevin Doyle as back-up.  Possibly another centre back as well.

Who would you like to sell in January:  Smith, Shola, Cacapa and Harper.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Knows how to motivate the players, bit dodgy with his subs and his tactics at times, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives.

General thoughts on your team so far: Needed to get a run going where we didn't lose to build up some confidence.  Now it seems that all talk of relegation is laughable.  Need to build upon it with a signing or two to inject a bit of freshness to the team.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 10th.

Guest Heneage

Those who said sell Xisco need a slap.

Who's gonna do the slapping? You!?  mackems.gif

Some of his mates from the Level 7 stewarding squad :nods:

Tiny from the Response Team :D

Guest Jawesome

Not even close tbh, & I don't think he's that good.

He's been god awful at times.  And I was answering that in relation to regular players btw.  I'm not going to include Andy fucking Carroll in there.

Your Team: Have a guess.

Current Position: 12th.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: When Keegan was here - 7th. When JFK first took over - 17th.

Best player so far this season: Bassong has been consistent. Jonas has been sublime at times. Coloccini has been shaky on occasion but is doing much better now and gets on with the job well. Oba can gets goals from nowhere still and swing games on his own. Owen has been reliable and Given is seemingly more or less back to his best.

Worst player so far this season: Taylor. Duff, Cacapa, Butt to a lesser extent. Don't think Xisco has been given much of a chance yet really.

Best game so far: In terms of enjoyment, Spurs this weekend gone. In terms of how we played - Man Utd away, Coventry away, Portsmouth away 2nd half.

Worst game so far: Hull home.

Who would you like to sign in January: An attacking, creative CM.

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Surprised me greatly and to his credit by clearly learning from his mistakes. I wasn't much impressed with him when he kept making said mistakes, I'm happier now.

General thoughts on your team so far: We've honestly not been that bad given all that has gone on, and the supposed lacking ability of Kinnear. Lots to improve on still, we're deeply flawed in places.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 10th-12th. Mid-table mediocrity. Hopefully we'll make the required changes in the Summer.

Guest Jawesome

Those who think Xisco has a future here need a slap in the c***

What's he done wrong?

He's failed to do anything at all.  In his 2 or 3 appearances he's looked shit, and even though he isn't injured anymore, Shola still gets the nod.

Not even close tbh, & I don't think he's that good.

He's been god awful at times.  And I was answering that in relation to regular players btw.  I'm not going to include Andy fucking Carroll in there.

As have most of them at times.  I'd comfortably say Butt, Duff, Taylor & Shola have been far worse.  Enrique has probably been on a par with 80% of the squad overall.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Those who think Xisco has a future here need a slap in the cunt

Aye but you're an idiot 15 year old who doesn't go to games and listens to daft heavy metal music. The only future you have is in a mental insitution where you'll be amongst your peers.

Guest Heneage

What's he done wrong?

He's failed to do anything at all.  In his 2 or 3 appearances he's looked s***, and even though he isn't injured anymore, Shola still gets the nod.

2 or 3 games, on that basis then Shola should have had his contract torn up years ago if you do nowt in 2 or 3 games.

He's a young lad who's just moved to England where they play a faster pace, he's had sporadic minutes in games and already has fans saying sell him.

What's he done wrong?

He's failed to do anything at all.  In his 2 or 3 appearances he's looked s***, and even though he isn't injured anymore, Shola still gets the nod.

2 or 3 games, on that basis then Shola should have had his contract torn up years ago if you do nowt in 2 or 3 games.

He's a young lad who's just moved to England where they play a faster pace, he's had sporadic minutes in games and already has fans saying sell him.

Xixco gets shit from people because Keegan walked :nods: & it's pathetic.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: After the first two games I was thinking 8th ~

Best player so far this season:Probably Shay Given after some top class displays but Bassong has fitted in very well too

Worst player so far this season: Based on one performance, Cacapa against Fulham but I really don't like watching Damien Duff play, but he has scored two really important goals for us recently

Best game so far: Watching us beat Pompey away was brilliant, because we NEVER win away. Drawing at Old trafford and Stamford Bridge was special too.

Worst game so far: Sunderland away or Fulham away.

Who would you like to sign in January: An attacking midfielder and some top quality youngsters

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith and terminate 'Nacho's' loan.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He's really sorted out our away form and I'm starting to feel unusually confident about away games. The Wigan and Stoke games are a different story though

General thoughts on your team so far: Getting better

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: Bottom half

Where did you expect your team to currently be: About 8th or 9th

Best player so far this season: Coloccini (honourable mentions to Given & Bassong though)

Worst player so far this season: Butt frustrates me more than any other. Does some good work but his legs have gone.

Best game so far: Portsmouth and Villa. Also Chelsea purely for the novelty of having an organized, reliable defence capable of putting the shutters up when needed.

Worst game so far: Mackems. I think a lot of the negativity against Kinnear started because he lost that particular game. 

Who would you like to sign in January: A complete CM.

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith, Cacapa, Carroll. They add absolutely nothing to the squad at all. They serve no purpose whatsoever.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Not sure how it’s going to pan out but considering the shite he walked into I’ve got nothing but the utmost respect for the bloke. He’s made mistakes but he’s honest and got bollocks and we’re also a tougher nut to crack thanks to him.

General thoughts on your team so far: There’s a togetherness in the squad that I’ve not seen for a while. The defensive side of things are a real bonus. The current back 5 have been excellent for the vast majority of Kinnear’s time here.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 8th or 9th.

Guest Sniffer

Christ knows how Xisco will work out but the problem is that in those sporadic minutes he has looked like he's never seen a ball before. He might also be unfairly paying the price for a number of foreign players that we've signed who turned out to be right shite. Half way through the season given his price you'd at least expect him to make the bench though.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: After the Man Utd game I was thinking we might actually challenge for the 5th spot..

Best player so far this season: yeah, probably Bassong.. the lad has got the ability and probably the right mentality, cause he has settled brilliantly despite the circumstances.

I'm also very pleased with Given, Colo, Bassong, Jonas and Martins..

Worst player so far this season: In terms of the number of errors made, it has to be Nicky Butt, although he's had some decent games as well..

tbh Alan fucking Smith may have been injured the whole time but we all know he would've been turboshit anyway, so yeah, it has to be Smith..

Best game so far: Has to be Man Utd, although I enjoyed the Coventry game the most.. Villa and Pompey wins weren't too bad either :p

Worst game so far: there have been plenty of equally shit and spineless games as always

Who would you like to sign in January: A central midfielder with a bit of power behind him. We are desperately lacking legs in the middle of the park, and this is what we need. - Tooj

and please no fucking Riise

Who would you like to sell in January: Very thin squad, but Smith, Viduka and Duff (although he finally seems to be improving a bit) can leave at any time as far as I'm concerned.. We should also look to get rid of Ameobi and Cacapa in the summer.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: I don't like Kinnear, he's a bit fake and inadequate sometimes, but he does some things right and the players seem to respond positively, which is encouraging.. and despite the good buys from the last transfer window, I have a bad feeling Kinnear will mess this one up.

hopefully he'd get us as far away as possible from relegation and then fuck off somewhere else full time, because we don't need another Roeder season next year

General thoughts on your team so far: All in all I'm pleased with our key players' form.. Given is at his best once again and I don't think we have any problems in defence, apart from the lack of backup full backs. Martins and Owen have performed well up front, but it's obvious we lack strength, creativity and any general quality in the middle which costs us both in attack and in defence.

What I don't like is that we still look very short of confidence and we don't seem to play with any real belief. Although there are plenty of 'experienced model pros' and players with bite in the squad, it's embarassing how everyone shits themselves when the going gets tough..

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 9-14

Guest Howaythetoon

Worst player so far this season: Xisco

Who would you like to sell in January: Xisco

Jesus wept.

My post was firmly tongue cheek, hence how concise my answers were rather than my usual long winded waffle.

Worst player so far this season: Xisco

Who would you like to sell in January: Xisco

Jesus wept.

My post was firmly tongue cheek, hence how concise my answers were rather than my usual long winded waffle.

Ah, right. Touché.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Honestly? 10th.

Best player so far this season: Bassong. Fucking immense. His introduction, and the consistency in our back four is helping immensely.

Worst player so far this season: No one has played badly enough, for long enough to be nominated.

Best game so far: Pompey. I was so proud that day, I haven't felt good about the club for years, it felt like we were heading back to where we should be.

Worst game so far: Sunderland, by god it hurt.

Who would you like to sign in January: A powerful defensive minded midfielder, and depending who is out the door a replacement.

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith, to Blackburn.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Glad keegan fucked off. Joe is a fucking hero. Big respect for him picking us up, and starting to turn us round. Love the us v them mentality he has brought in. Keep it up joe!

General thoughts on your team so far:Keegan is a fucking cunt for walking but who cares we got joe now. :)

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 10th

Where did you expect your team to currently be: I thought we would be top 8 and putting a good base down to build on.

Best player so far this season: Shay Given. Other players have had impressive spells but Given has been consistent all season so far.

Worst player so far this season: Barton. Pre season in jail followed by a 6 game ban, back for a few games and out for the next 4 months.

Best game so far: Portsmouth. We handed them a beating down there that was long overdue, Man Utd and Chelsea deserve a mention as does the first half vs Stoke and the second half vs Villa.

Worst game so far: Arsenal. Absolutely battered from start to finish.

Who would you like to sign in January: A holding midfielder to replace Butt similar to Obi Mikel.

Who would you like to sell in January: Xisco. If he's not going to get a chance then move him on before his value drops and his career gets ruined.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He's done well I think, made the defence as solid as I can remember and has got Martins and Owen working well together too, just needs to do something with the central midfield and he would have done a great job, he's made a few mistakes but what manager hasn't?

General thoughts on your team so far: Not bad, most of the new boys have settled in well but there's plenty of room for improvement.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 9th