So what's Plan B for Ashley's return?

Dave

Ashley as I see it hasn't done much wrong other than being naive when it concerns the running of a football club, it's a pity he couldn't keep Mort as Chairman, Llambias was his second mistake. the offer he has put down on the table for Owen is more than generous considering his age and injury record, if he doesn't take it then he can fuck off, so long as he replaces him with a striker of equal quality then I think he would be showing some ambition find us a world class Manager at the end of this season. I hope he never goes back to sitting with the fans again.

He had the ball in his court from the first day KK walked out by coming out and talking to the fans to explain the situation. Not only did he not do that, for the next 2 months or more there was only silence. After his mistreatment of the fans his Plan B better be one strong fuckin' pill.

They should hold auditions to find Owen's replacement. Give them the ball 8 yards from goal and see if they can get it over the bar.

The trouble with that is if one of them does manage to get it over the bar, they'll insist on having a clause in their contract that states scoring a brace against Stoke at home will automatically require all the club's fans to instantly declare them to be the best striker in the land since sliced bread.

Who the fuck is this Sliced Bread you're talking about? :lol:

i wonder if recent events at spurs might have opened his eyes a little?  if you believe the rumours about ashley & his 'spurs mates' etc... you might think he'd been getting his ear nipped to follow their system, well that system has gone to utter ratshit now and one of the main job contenders post allardyce has taken that job!!

maybe no connection whatsoever but i'd like to think it'll have made him realise the need to balance out what could be a valuable asset to the club with the need support his manager...if he comes back and realises that i'll be happy enough

assuming JFK never makes it past may '09 that is, we simply can not allow this man to run our club permanently despite a couple of decent results

I (and .com I think) mean with regards to Ashley winning back the fans and convincing them he's fit to stay as our owner, not just resolving the Owen thing.

Seriously, if he backed his man, invested in the squad and we moved in the right direction I can't see how anyone could have issues. :|

Just some good-old spending of cash in January then?

Because the (un)willingness to back his man in whatever way is exactly what caused the problems with Keegan, or so it seems.

You say it like its a regular occurrence.

Hey, it's only four years since the glorious January window of Boumsong and Amdy Faye.

Yet several people at the time thought Butt/Faye was an excellent central midfield pairing.

They should hold auditions to find Owen's replacement. Give them the ball 8 yards from goal and see if they can get it over the bar.

The trouble with that is if one of them does manage to get it over the bar, they'll insist on having a clause in their contract that states scoring a brace against Stoke at home will automatically require all the club's fans to instantly declare them to be the best striker in the land since sliced bread.

Who the f*** is this Sliced Bread you're talking about? :lol:

Bread, otherwise known as Breado or Breedo, often affectionally called Peado. Scored three hundred and twelve elderly women during his playing time and assisted nearly half that number in ball boys.

You really don't like him do you? :lol:

I've nothing against the player at all. He's a professional and he can sign or not sign exactly in accordance with his own interests. In fact, all in all, he seems a decent enough bloke.

I get riled with the fuss that surrounds him. When I made that remark, I was trying to take the piss out those who still see him as 'world class' or whatever.

There's a big element of Emperor's New Clothes about the player. Looking beyond his reputation, now that he's lost his pace, he's just an average Premiership striker as far as I can see.

I've nothing against the player at all. He's a professional and he can sign or not sign exactly in accordance with his own interests. In fact, all in all, he seems a decent enough bloke.

I get riled with the fuss that surrounds him. When I made that remark, I was trying to take the piss out those who still see him as 'world class' or whatever.

There's a big element of Emperor's New Clothes about the player. Looking beyond his reputation, now that he's lost his pace, he's just an average Premiership striker as far as I can see.

He is much better than average. I think technically he definitely isnt one of the best strikers in the premiership but his ability to be in the right place at the right time is as good as you cant find. He has that annoying habit (especially if your an opposition fan) of being in the right place at the right time.

He is much better than average. I think technically he definitely isnt one of the best strikers in the premiership but his ability to be in the right place at the right time is as good as you cant find. He has that annoying habit (especially if your an opposition fan) of being in the right place at the right time.

I'd say you've pinpointed his main strength and his main weakness there. What I'd add is that his technical limitations often restrict his ability to convert chances, especially when the ball comes to him on his left side. That miss against Spurs wasn't an isolated incident.

Invest, back, support. All will be forgiven.

Add talk and a return for Mort in there and we would be on to a winner in turning things around.

If he had just come out and spoke to the fans ala keegan/Cole he would have gone a big way at repairing the damage. Its the PR thats his biggest mistake.

I'd be happy for him to stay on but I am still astonished he hasnt come out with something yet or even learnt from his mistakes and got muppet lambias to say something.