Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle – 26/12/08 - Post-match reaction from page 23

midds

I see Jonas being given 6's and 7's all around. He was quite s*** tbh, and that is an understatement.

Our best players were Viduka and Guthrie (who incidentally had a woeful first half, and only saved face with a terrific 2nd half)

If Jonas was English, he'd be crucified. Makes me laugh how so many people can call Butt a complete waste of space five days after he was excellent against Spurs, yet Jonas gets away with being consistently mediocre

Guest neesy111

apart from goal's what does owen offer the team?

Where would we be without Owen's goals?

i'm sure there would be another player filling his hole and scoring maybe 50-75% of his goals

apart from goal's what does owen offer the team?

It's strikers job to score goal...but you're right he offers nothing to justify his huge wage. With that wage he should be scoring like h*ll and creating at least one in 2 games

I see Jonas being given 6's and 7's all around. He was quite s*** tbh, and that is an understatement.

Our best players were Viduka and Guthrie (who incidentally had a woeful first half, and only saved face with a terrific 2nd half)

If Jonas was English, he'd be crucified. Makes me laugh how so many people can call Butt a complete waste of space five days after he was excellent against Spurs, yet Jonas gets away with being consistently mediocre

Since Butt has been here, you could probably count on one hand the amount of good performances he's put in.

Rubbish, Jonas is not consistent, which is his problem. Nicky Butt on the other hand is consistently shite, has one good game in 10

:lol: How can you be so wrong about a player. Its his inconsistency which is the issue but then, first season in England and an injury tends to mitigate for that.

Guest firetotheworks

Thats so backwards to how it actually is. You really think that if he was shit there wouldnt be the comparisons with Marcelino and any other vague foreign failure.

Since Butt has been here, you could probably count on one hand the amount of good performances he's put in.

And Jonas was pratically a free transfer with half of the wage Butt makes! At least Jonas is trying...

Butt wouldn't be getting half the shit he's getting now if he had been "mediocre" today.

Butt wouldn't be getting half the s*** he's getting now if he had been "mediocre" today.

Yep but if he had been mediocre...we most probaly would have got something from this game as well no matter how much Dean tried to help poor Wigan

Kinnear's just had a pop at Dean. Wouldn't be surprised if the FA ask him to explain his comments tbh. :hmm:

Nah you could tell how carefully Joe was trying to choose his words. He didnt say anything "Mickey Mouse" esque

Kinnear's just had a pop at Dean. Wouldn't be surprised if the FA ask him to explain his comments tbh. :hmm:

What did he say?

Said the referee "was there to be conned". Shocking decisions etc.

Also mentioned Enrique pulled his hamstring and we've "got 8 or 9" out for Liverpool.

How was Carroll? I see Xisco made the bench so I'm annoyed he didn't get any minutes.

Only just got home.

well done andy carroll did more than viduka and owen put together

This.  He has won quite a few headers and create chaos for Wigan defenders.

Fair play to him if that's the case. Good on him.

Guest Jawesome

Just got back from the game (Im staying in Chorley for the night) and i've got to say Mike Dean is a fucking disgrace.  What a penis.  All we can ask for is consistency.  Carroll's was never a pen, Cattermole should have been sent off, If Ryan Taylors free kick was a free kick, then so was the incident 30 seconds earlier involving Viduka, their penalty incident was a complete farce, Nicky Butt needs his contract ripping up, Viduka should retire NOW, and our support was amazing.  GG's go to Guthrie (mainly for effort) and Carroll (for going down and conning the ref for the umpteenth time in the match).

Fuck.

Just got back from the game now and I have to say Viduka is a disgrace.

Never seen such a disgrace to the shirt. He didnt even try all game, just lumbered around the pitch and then had the brass neck to just walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel.

Him and Butt need there contracts tearing up infront of their faces.

Wankers.

Guest neesy111

Just got back from the game now and I have to say Viduka is a disgrace.

Never seen such a disgrace to the shirt. He didnt even try all game, just lumbered around the pitch and then had the brass neck to just walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel.

Him and Butt need there contracts tearing up infront of their faces.

Wankers.

how did you view, duff & owen's performance and the one of the ref?