Referees

Dinho lad

Role Model, shut up with your goddamn objectivity man.. this is about letting it out.. knee-jerking and insults!~

so yeah fuck the fucking referees.. they're all fucking cunts, with the exception of those who are supporting Newcastle,. of course

Utterly embarrassing thread.

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays. And then they get abuse from everyone, from managers who should know better to people on forums like this. £60k a year is less than some players make in a year, and some of them certainly don't deserve it in comparison.

Didnt you say you havent seen the match yet?

:lol:

Once again, I'm just saying the stick they get from some places is (in my opinion) a little over the top. And I'm not applying that to just this match.

And my thread was also not applying it to one particualr decision or match.

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays. And then they get abuse from everyone, from managers who should know better to people on forums like this. £60k a year is less than some players make in a year, and some of them certainly don't deserve it in comparison.

Once again, I'm just saying the stick they get from some places is (in my opinion) a little over the top. And I'm not applying that to just this match.

You're going on about the penalty decision aren't you?

Just to reiterate - I don't agree (and this is just my opinion) that they 'deserve every stick they get'. Yes it's bad when it costs us and yes I'll hold it against them regardless of my feelings towards them in general. To each their own.

Guest firetotheworks

Youll understand when you see it I reckon. Its kneejerktastic, but its been an issue in football for a while that were bringing up now because weve been well and truly stung.

Guest neesy111

list of incidents today by the officials:

foul by jonas on zaki (very harsh) leads to ryan taylor scoring

cattermole only yellow carded by a shocking challenge by cattermole which has injured one of our players not the first time this has happened

bassong sent off and wigan penalty when the foul was 15 yards outside the box and heskey looking offside and diving to win the penalty

duff and butt booked after duff clearly being fouled

carroll given yellow card for diving when brown challenges and doesn't get the ball

if this amount of poor decisions is normal then maybe we should flick a coin to get decisions as we would probably get more in our favour

Youll understand when you see it I reckon. Its kneejerktastic, but its been an issue in football for a while that were bringing up now because weve been well and truly stung.

I've seen plenty of decisions not go our way. I simply don't think that - in general - the refs are a) that bad or b) that deserving of stick, as the OP is making out.

Guest neesy111

I've seen plenty of decisions not go our way. I simply don't think that - in general - the refs are a) that bad or b) that deserving of stick, as the OP is making out.

that's bollock's

referee's are very very well paid now, they can get over £150k a year after bonuses and expenses

so if they have a stinker they should be fined or suspended

give me £150k a year cos i could do i damn sight better than all of these suposed referee's who don't watch football all the time and don't have a clue how it is played

that's bollock's

referee's are very very well paid now, they can get over £150k a year after bonuses and expenses

give me £150k a year cos i could do i damn sight better than all of these suposed referee's who don't watch football all the time and don't have a clue how it is played

who referees when they are all suspended ?

Guest neesy111

They are on occasion aren't they?

If not suspended, demoted to a lower league.

they can get demoted, but they are still on their basic contract which they have

when was the last time you heard a referee get sacked??

never tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Thats your opinion but youll understand the reaction when you see how bad he was. If not we'll make you understand with force  :knuppel2: :pow:

Role Model, you talk shite.

For saying the stick they get is a little over the top at times (in my opinion). This place is a joke sometimes.

Dean deserves everything he gets for today. Fucking embarrassing for him.

For saying the stick they get is a little over the top at times (in my opinion). This place is a joke sometimes.

Fine. I haven't hid from the fact that I've yet to see anything from it.

You're going on about the penalty decision aren't you?

Errm...no...just the ref's incompetence in general.

Just to reiterate - I don't agree (and this is just my opinion) that they 'deserve every stick they get'. To each their own.

You didn’t think that I really meant that, did you? :rolleyes: It’s just a phrase we normally use when we criticise referees, OK?

They deserve a lot of harsh criticism because of the amount of poor decisions they make. Poor decisions on easy calls is what ticks me off about them.

Guest neesy111

when the bbc are questioning his decisions, then you know something is wrong with his performance

when the bbc are questioning his decisions, then you know something is wrong with his performance

OK! Point made, I get it. I wasn't as aware of the overall lacking quality of his performance as I am now.

:)

Guest neesy111

OK! Point made, I get it. I wasn't as aware of the overall lacking quality of his performance as I am now.

just watch the match if you can i'm sure the highlights won't show all of his decisions

Guest firetotheworks

Role Model, you talk s****.

Dean deserves everything he gets for today. f***ing embarrassing for him.

just watch the match if you can i'm sure the highlights won't show all of his decisions

Thing is though, theyll have to be because they played such a pivotal part in the game. They'll need to be debated too. Is Match of the Day on tonight?

Thing is though, theyll have to be because they played such a pivotal part in the game. They'll need to be debated too. Is Match of the Day on tonight?

5 past 11.

Guest firetotheworks

5 past 11.

It better be Hansen and Shearer. No one gives a shit what Mark Bright and Lee Dixon have to say on these types of things...yknow, football things.

5 past 11.

It better be Hansen and Shearer. No one gives a s*** what Mark Bright and Lee Dixon have to say on these types of things...yknow, football things.

Would love Shearer to have a right go at him. Probably won't happen since he seems to bend over backward to be neutral with Newcastle matches.