I Love

Tooj

The reason I mentioned Duff at LB was in counter to your argument that bringing on an attacker (Viduka) was the most sensible thing to do. (it clearly wasn't anyway, Viduka looks about as fit as your last shag)

We could have kept the same team, fine. But dont play your best players in the wrong position man.

When we people learn that he isn't a f***ing LB?

tbf his secondary position is LB, he just doesn't like to play there. He's recently also said in an interview (think it was the Chron, could try to cough up a link if you want it) that he'd be happy to play at LB if it helped the team.

Not saying he should play there, he's wank. Just saying it'd be rather odd not playing our "back-up" LB when our first choice LB goes out injured, meaning your argument is pretty much shite. It's just one of the reasons why LB needs to be strengthened in Jan.

must say i agree with ronaldos sentiment, a monkey could manage a team when things are going his way & he has the players he wants; good managers are defined by how they cope with problems, i.e. what do you do when your left back is injured in warm ups and there's no direct replacement?:

a) move, and therefore nullify, your best left winger giving a certain amount of attacking impetus to the opposition because they now don't have to worry as much about him

or

b) replace the injured defender with another defender by trade, thus keeping your "threat" in it's place

i'm a b) kinda guy myself, charlie is/was just starting to hit some form, we'd have been far better off leaving him and playing someone like edgar at LB

wasn't this the big chelp after stoke?  kinnear shuffled 3 people playing them out of position in order to accomodate taylor?  it's essentially the same mistake for me...but oh no wait JFK is learning from his mistakes isn't he?  :doh: :idiot2:

must say i agree with ronaldos sentiment, a monkey could manage a team when things are going his way & he has the players he wants; good managers are defined by how they cope with problems, i.e. what do you do when your left back is injured in warm ups and there's no direct replacement?:

a) move, and therefore nullify, your best left winger giving a certain amount of attacking impetus to the opposition because they now don't have to worry as much about him

or

b) replace the injured defender with another defender by trade, thus keeping your "threat" in it's place

i'm a b) kinda guy myself, charlie is/was just starting to hit some form, we'd have been far better off leaving him and playing someone like edgar at LB

wasn't this the big chelp after stoke?  kinnear shuffled 3 people playing them out of position in order to accomodate taylor?  it's essentially the same mistake for me...but oh no wait JFK is learning from his mistakes isn't he?   :doh: :idiot2:

a good manager creates the conditions so it looks like a monkey could do it and......

a) our best left winger is playing on the right and duff was very close to setting up an opening goal for us with a ball n'zogbia wouldn't have seen/couldn't have played

and b) we've seen what happens when you just play "a defender" there ie carr and taylor just in order to have a defender there.

or

wasn't this the big chelp after stoke?  kinnear shuffled 3 people playing them out of position in order to accomodate taylor?  it's essentially the same mistake for me...but oh no wait JFK is learning from his mistakes isn't he?   :doh: :idiot2:

a good manager creates the conditions so it looks like a monkey could do it and......

a) our best left winger is playing on the right and duff was very close to setting up an opening goal for us with a ball n'zogbia wouldn't have seen/couldn't have played

and b) we've seen what happens when you just play "a defender" there ie carr and taylor just in order to have a defender there.

you say potato i say tomato, or something

by the way i fundamentally disagree about jonas being our best left winger, i can't remember seeing him put a cross in tbh & he doesn't head for the byline half as much as zog...are they not 2 pretty big asks for wide men?

i'm not slating the guy by any means, like them both but i honestly don't know how you can say he's our best LW

or

by the way i fundamentally disagree about jonas being our best left winger, i can't remember seeing him put a cross in tbh & he doesn't head for the byline half as much as zog...are they not 2 pretty big asks for wide men?

i'm not slating the guy by any means, like them both but i honestly don't know how you can say he's our best LW

whats this fucking mania with crosses. it's not as if we have sir les back is it. choose the right ball at the right time be it a cross or cut back (re martins second against villa).

i'll say he's better cos he does more with the ball and more off the ball and loads more defensivly.

i honestly think the whole thing with n'zogbia is that he is more exciting. ie he'll get the ball and run at people (even when it is the wrong decision) and it gets people excited when he gets past one or two before losing out as he'd held on to the ball too long.

no doubt if n'zogbia had played the ball through for owen that duff did yesterday it would be a sign of his brilliance and had he missed the chance duff did "at least he got there and was in the right place"

Its a bad day mind when you cant come on here after a defeat/ win and go ridiculously over the top without folk whinging about it!

Isnt that the point of a message board, i find it good to let off steam on here after an annoying result.

Guest Howaythetoon

The knee-jerking seems to occur mostly after a win. Suddenly people think that Kinnear's fit to lead a premiership side

QFT

or

whats this fucking mania with crosses. it's not as if we have sir les back is it. choose the right ball at the right time be it a cross or cut back (re martins second against villa).

i'll say he's better cos he does more with the ball and more off the ball and loads more defensivly.

i honestly think the whole thing with n'zogbia is that he is more exciting. ie he'll get the ball and run at people (even when it is the wrong decision) and it gets people excited when he gets past one or two before losing out as he'd held on to the ball too long.

no doubt if n'zogbia had played the ball through for owen that duff did yesterday it would be a sign of his brilliance and had he missed the chance duff did "at least he got there and was in the right place"

jonas never crosses, ever, but he runs with the ball and makes things happen - albeit not that often directly as his assist stats show

zog crosses more and tries to get the byline more often, personally i like his pinged low cutback crosses when he gets there and cuts inside the man forcing him to either give a pen or let him go, zogs stats also show he doesn't directly assist so often either

i mean why are we arguing about it?  they're our best two wide men 'cause they make things happen for different reasons, like the owen/martins debate really

and yeah zog is exciting, nothing wrong with that is there?

or

whats this f***ing mania with crosses. it's not as if we have sir les back is it. choose the right ball at the right time be it a cross or cut back (re martins second against villa).

jonas never crosses, ever, but he runs with the ball and makes things happen - albeit not that often directly as his assist stats show

zog crosses more and tries to get the byline more often, personally i like his pinged low cutback crosses when he gets there and cuts inside the man forcing him to either give a pen or let him go, zogs stats also show he doesn't directly assist so often either

i mean why are we arguing about it?  they're our best two wide men 'cause they make things happen for different reasons, like the owen/martins debate really

lots of stats in there. did you know if you completly miss hit a pass that ends up being an assist it ends up in the assists column. also if you do all the hard work,win the ball in a 20-80 challenge,fight off two other players,take it past another two then play a 40yd diagonal ball through three defenders, to get the ball to player A who lays it off simply to player B to score it doesn't count as an assist.

nowt wrong with being exciting....if there is an end product.

or

whats this f***ing mania with crosses. it's not as if we have sir les back is it. choose the right ball at the right time be it a cross or cut back (re martins second against villa).

lots of stats in there. did you know if you completly miss hit a pass that ends up being an assist it ends up in the assists column. also if you do all the hard work,win the ball in a 20-80 challenge,fight off two other players,take it past another two then play a 40yd diagonal ball through three defenders, to get the ball to player A who lays it off simply to player B to score it doesn't count as an assist.

nowt wrong with being exciting....if there is an end product.

hm, still failing to see your point tbh - the best wide players will have a higher number of assists & goals, no?

i, personally, feel end product is something that is lacking from both spiderman & zog but they both offer more on the pitch in wide positions than anyone else we have at the club (i've seen play), that's basically what i'm getting at

what are you getting at?