West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I'd flog him for 30 mill like.

and spend the rest of the season with Ameobi and Best up front

:facepalm:

We have Lovenkrands, dickhead.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TI6y4IuY8aI/AAAAAAAAAS8/NCjMIHtSW0E/s1600/Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

The way David Craig said "doing all they can to resist" makes it seem to me that the club want to let potential suitors know that they are willing to listen to offers. Else they would surely just say "NOT FOR SALE".

David Craig said "doing all they can" - his interpretation, not the official club statement. The club's line to this point has consistently been "NOT FOR SALE".

David Craig is the mouthpiece of Llambias though. If he knows that the bid has been rejected, why couldn't the club tell them 100% not for sale, instead of allowing him to imply that we could negotiate.

David Craig is the mouthpiece for Sky Sports News, he'll put forward the side of the story that attracts the most interest.

Guest GeordieAce

I'd flog him for 30 mill like.

and spend the rest of the season with Ameobi and Best up front

:facepalm:

We have Lovenkrands, dickhead.

:lol:

Can't believe people are even considering the idea of selling him.. 30, 40, 50 million can't replace him. ANDY C MUST STAYYY.. FOREVER!

:snod:

I simply enjoy having him in the team. I love hearing CARRROLLLLLLLL. The lads form since the second half of last season has been outstanding & hes improving as a player constantly so rapidly. His stats since then are ridiculous in terms of goals/assists per minutes played. I want to see how far he can go & i want him to be representing us.

We will easily get £50m for him in the summer if he wants to go, can see another £35m bid coming in but again rejected as there's no pressure from Carroll to leave. Great stuff, all this last bidding is doing is bumping up our minimum price for the future.

Starting to get worried now like.

We can only say "fuck off" to them for so long. If they increase their bid, which I think they will, to something like 35/40m we'll struggle to reject it. Then it'll be down to Carroll telling them to do one.

Squeaky bum time.

Guest toonlass

So where are we currently standing? We rejected a bid from Liverpool. Have they come back with another one yet? I'm a bit confused now.

Guest Loven11

So where are we currently standing? We rejected a bid from Liverpool. Have they come back with another one yet? I'm a bit confused now.

Not yet.

Not yet, but rumours are flying round that we'll sell at £35m.

Not yet but once Torres goes, they'll probably go to £32m-£35m. Then its 'shit a brick' time.

Guest Loven11

Where these rumours coming from?

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Aye, rightyo.

who the f*** do you have better than those two like?

Aye, rightyo.

who the f*** do you have better than those two like?

On what basis can you claim that Carroll or Ben Arfa are a class above anyone?

One of them has had six good months and the other has scored one good goal.

You're living in a dreamworld mate. How many goals do you think Caroll might have scored if he was playing for a team who weren't so reliant on set pieces?

When either of them has done it at the top level for a couple of years, then you can start to spout off about them.

So anything Ben Arfa did before he signed for Newcastle doesn't count?

As I've already said, you are an idiot.

Like what? Just curious....

Playing for France? Playing in Champions League for OM and Lyon? Winning league titles with Lyon?

Doesn't matter? Lad has only scored 1 goals in a black and white shirt so he mustn't be any good?

So, he's class because he's got a few caps for France and has won the French League? OK the, applying your logic Sully Muntari has more international goals than Ben Arfa has caps, has won two Serie A's, the Champions League, Two Italian Super Cups, the Coppa Italiana, the FA Cup and the World Club Championships. How mint is he?!?!?!?!?!

Still, we couldn't dream of having someone of the class of Ben Arfa, could we.

They're negotiating this afternoon.

Ashley won't sell him today, he'll be sold in the summer when the £35m+ bids flow in.

It's probably a whoosh, but if you're serious then £35m is only going about cos it's last day of transfers.  No way is Carroll worth £35m. 

Wasn't David Villa a lot less?