West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure what's more bonkers:

- Liverpool offering £40m

- Us rejecting it

- Me being happy we've rejected it

They havent confirmed we rejected 40m

they havent confirmed it was offered-rejected-upped-rejected tbh.

They said they'd rejected an 'improved offer' from Liverpool ???

unconfirmed

Eh?

none of this is confirmed by either club- it is all sky speculation from 'sources'.

It's not from a source, DC said it came directly from the club.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

how is he going to pass a medical when he can't even kick a ball? Unless all of this was pure bullshit by NUFC.

How did Dan Gosling pass a medical, then?

Guest neesy111

34 goals in his career and a club has bid £40m for him :lol:

God, football has gone mad.

They're paying for what he could become. Given both his potential and the additional element of 'romance', from our end £40m isn't enough. He's invaluable as far as i'm concerned.

Totally agree, it's not just his talent though.  He is the perfect number 9 for us and gives hope to the fans that things are changing.

The key to winning matches to have control of the ball. The most obvious way for us to improve would be to get a new RM, CM and a striker who can make runs in the channel. It would be magnificent if we could achieve all of this and keep Carroll, but a bid of £40m is absolutely insane. If our scouting network can come up with a few more gems a la Tiote and Ben Arfa, we'd be a much better team after all the transfers. I still think selling now is a short-sighted decision.

The key to winning matches is to score goals. It isnt easy for clubs in our position to sign class players in a position like striker that will also go unnoticed by other sides in stronger positions.

Strikers are all about stats, if theyre good theyll score goals & get noticed. It isnt the same as players like Enrique or Tiote, nor are many players in the position Ben Arfa was.

A player like Bellamy would transform our team. Bellamy was actually more important to us than Shearer during our good years under SBR. I remember we lost our chance at the title when Bellamy's hamstring went against Villa (?).

Control the ball, put pressure on your opponents, force some mistakes and you will inevitably score more than you concede. If we sell Carroll, we'll still need two new strikers, but if the money is reinvested in other areas in the team, we wouldn't need to get someone as good as Carroll in for our team to improve.

Not sure what's more bonkers:

- Liverpool offering £40m

- Us rejecting it

- Me being happy we've rejected it

They havent confirmed we rejected 40m

they havent confirmed it was offered-rejected-upped-rejected tbh.

They said they'd rejected an 'improved offer' from Liverpool ???

unconfirmed

Eh?

none of this is confirmed by either club- it is all sky speculation from 'sources'.

It's not from a source, DC said it came directly from the club.

ah, ok- just heard that as well.

I'm just glad it's Liverpool chasing Carroll and not Abramovich.

While we stymie Liverpool, I hope that doesn't mean they are unwilling to part with Torres - and Chelsea subsequently turn their attention to AC9.

Even if we received a bid of say £50m, and it all went for towards the summer's TRANSFER WARCHEST, i honestly don't think we'd better the team given the loss of Carroll. He could be absolutely sensational - i want to see him grow with us. Plus i don't have faith in Pardew to spend £50m wisely. If it was Hughton, i might think differently.

Because Hughton has years on managerial experience.

Managerial experience of getting relegated and shagging his player's wives.

You and Chris are going to be so disappointed if he doesn't go aren't you.

Guest neesy111

how is he going to pass a medical when he can't even kick a ball? Unless all of this was pure bullshit by NUFC.

Aren't medicals to check like you don't have a hidden heart condition etc ???

Simon Bird:

Don't be too fooled by #nufc rejection of bid. #lfc will get their man. Toon driving hard bargain, want to look tough.

Thats basically what i think is happening.

The silence from us all day, only to realise a very non detailed statement leaving it all open still is a huge sign.

Its down to Carroll

Maybe he didn't?

Guest sittingontheball

If he does go to Liverpool, will they have any money left for someone to hit crosses? With their current team, he could get less service than he does here.

I can remember losing Waddle (tribunal ffs!), Beardsley and Gazza, but none of them went for galactico money. This is insane!

Guest Tall Striker

Suggestion on Twitter from some gadgie that Liverpool will make final bid of £36.5 million.

Reject that fucker.

Ian Prior

Liverpool say Carroll's on his way there now. 'Rejecting' £35m seems like empty posturing, as @simonbirdmirror says

LOL, how can it be empty posturing, surely we have some say in the matter, if we reject the bid they can just say, fuck you lot we are siging he anyway, even if you don't agree.

They still have to make an improved offer and there's no confirmation of that yet.

So, not being one who bets a whole lot, I wouldn't really understand this sort of thing, but is there money to be made from speculating on the transfer market so that by rejecting the first offer and then the second offer increases the odds and thereafter the amount of money to be made?