West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TrueToon

People forget we are unbeaten since we lost AC... Get a grip we will be fine...

Oh, it's good to know we didn't get beaten by Stevenage.

So do you think we will get relegated now Carroll has gone? Because that is what EithiGeordie is getting at?....And i am too,I'm already over this Carroll situation and am confident we can stay up and deal with replacing him in the summer,The rest of the season may drag but as long as we stay up we are good..We have a strong set of players here and a good unity...I always suspected Carroll would sway anyway...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

we're gonna be fucking shit on fifa now

:lol: :lol:

we're gonna be f***ing s*** on fifa now

Carroll to receive an instant stats boost on the next update.

Same for FM - he's tripe at the moment.

They were increased before he left :(

Anyone who thinks Carroll forced a move here is a fucking idiot of the highest order, especially given the track record of the complete and utter wanks who own and run our club. I'm not going to even pretend to know the exact details but I seriously doubt Carroll was or is so desperate to leave a club where he's guaranteed to start every game if fit, where he is absolutely worshipped by the fans and where he is actually doing very well at, earning himself a deserved England cap. I think what has happened is that the money offered is simply too much to turn down and it is when you look at it. £35m + for a 22 year-old striker with only half a season or so experience in the top-flight and with limited areas to his game is fucking monumental and on a par with the fee Man Utd received for Ronaldo. Crazy crazy money which no club could afford to turn down. Speaking of which, in the past few years the following clubs have lost their Andy Carroll: Everton (Rooney), Man Utd (Ronaldo), Spurs (Berbatov), mackems (Bent), Liverpool (Torress) and so on and so on. Money talks regardless of player and club. I expect Man Utd to lose Rooney in the next year or so and Arsenal Fabregas, huge important players at huge club who will go where the money takes them. Figo left Barca for Real, Zidane left Juventus for Real. Ronaldo left barca for Inter. My point? Not many stars stay at their clubs for very long even if those clubs are huge clubs or even if those players are local players.

That is why we must cherish our legends like Shearer, players who followed the dream and not the money. We'll never see the like again here at this club or in the modern game. Remember that.

Back to Carroll... I'm not his biggest fan but losing him means an awful lot more than losing any old player. He is a Geordie, he could have been our main man for a decade, he's an academy product. Selling him is our way of conceding to money, the player and indeed other clubs. We are now a selling club, a club of limited ambition who cannot even hang onto its local players, its better players.

Looking at it like that you have to wonder just what is the point of football at the moment? For me I'm struggling to find a point of it other than I was born a Geordie and therefore must support NUFC. For what though? To have good men removed from my club for no point whatsoever, KK and Hughton, Sir Bobby before that, for key players to be sold or forego any kind of loyalty, for fans simply to allow themselves to be walked over by chairmen, owners, players. To pay huge sums each year to follow a set of people who couldn't give a shit one way or another. Fuck that. My interest in NUFC these days is merely a passing following and that's again, down to being a Geordie and therefore I must.

Football itself has transcended what it used to be all about to now being all about money. Money, money, money. From the owners to the managers to the players and even the fans these days. Long gone is the loyalty, passion and feeling that like a magnet drew the likes of Shearer and Sir Bobby and KK into the game, their clubs and their role in it as heroes, legends.

As for Mike Ashley and co... who can blame Carroll or anyone for that matter wanting to leave somewhere where these clowns run amok. Carroll is joining a huge successful club who enters every competition aiming to win it, who only cares about silverware. At Newcastle its all about politics, failure, broken dreams, dodgy deals and fuck ups. Who seriously wants to be at a club who gets rid of one of its better managers in recent years for a worse one for no apparent reason other, or a club who treats its legends like shit, i.e. the whole Shearer fiasco after relegation or before that Sir Bobby's sacking.

Carroll will go onto better things at Liverpool and that's sad for me to have to write or say.

Thank you Mike Ashley (and money in the game which Ashley is a manifestation of), not for relegation, the sale of Carroll the KK stuff or sacking Hughton but for forcing me to give up the one thing I've never lacked - my faith in my club and the game. Today it no longer exists.

Fuck the lot of it, it literally isn't worth it.

Epic post.

End of day Carol a self confessed NUFC fan WANTED to leave , yeah blame Ashley , Pardew etc the one c**t in this is mixing with the shell suit brigade down scouse land lets not lose sight of the big two fingers that Carol has waved at us

People forget we are unbeaten since we lost AC... Get a grip we will be fine...

Oh, it's good to know we didn't get beaten by Stevenage.

So do you think we will get relegated now Carroll has gone? Because that is what EithiGeordie is getting at?....And i am too,I'm already over this Carroll situation and am confident we can stay up and deal with replacing him in the summer,The rest of the season may drag but as long as we stay up we are good..We have a strong set of players here and a good unity...I always suspected Carroll would sway anyway...

:mackems:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

One geordie who will be happy today (apart from the obvious). Steven Taylor.

Hopefully taylor txts him "when the cats away, I fuk your baby mamma is the bum, lolz"

:lol: :lol: