West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

In all of this guys, don't forget (I almost had) that our info was that Pardew was given the very specific responsibility of reducing the wage bill as a condition of his employment, as MA feels that a lower cost base will now make the club easier to sell.

The wage bill will keep reducing as higher earners get to the end of their contract and aren't renewed (e.g Smith) or are shipped out (Xisco). I would say that a club with Carroll in it would be a more attractive sales proposition than one without though.

Why have we signed Ben Arfa permanently and Ireland on loan both on big wages no doubt.

Has anyone seen any pictures of him in the bindipper training gear? Of course it will be the bias, but I've suddenly, truly, realised what an ugly twat he is now I've got no sentimental link to him as the future of our club :lol:

"It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

"Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

Just fuck off you mersey-nary  twat.

Sickening isn't it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Has anyone seen any pictures of him in the bindipper training gear? Of course it will be the bias, but I've suddenly, truly, realised what an ugly twat he is now I've got no sentimental link to him as the future of our club :lol:

That's because our Puma gear was classy.  :snod: :iamatwat:

"Leaving Newcastle was a wrench for Andy as a local boy, but if he was going to go anywhere there was only one club he'd want to come to,"

Fuck off you cretin.

"What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward."

You too traitor.

Every additional quote I read makes me want to hurt somebody more.

Guest neesy111

So basically he asked the club for more wages, was told no, and fucked off to liverpool.

In 1 sentence that looks like what has happened.

Guest neesy111

Hope he gets a horrible reception from Newcastle fans.

I think that's guaranteed.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/21/article-0-004DE9400000044C-808_468x286.jpg

For those who say Carroll was forced out, can anybody tell me how we've never forced Ameobi out even though we've accepted decent bids for him from at least two clubs in the past? I'm pretty sure it was because Shola really REALLY does want to stay here so there's no chance of shifting him while he's got a contract.

Guest michaelfoster

He had a f***ing helicopter waiting outside. Shameful.

If he had drove AC there some scouser would of nicked the wheels off the car.

Scousers wold nick the wheels off a jumbo jet if it flew low enough man.

Macdonald's on the legends saying its a cracking bit of business, we've taken Liverpool to the cleaners and its all about money.  People queuing up to argue with him.

Having gone through both sides of the story and Pardew's interview, I'm now most definitely swaying to believe it was ultimately down to Carroll's greed.  However we've got £35m and he's getting his 80-90k p/w.  Both parties are relatively satisfied.

In all of this guys, don't forget (I almost had) that our info was that Pardew was given the very specific responsibility of reducing the wage bill as a condition of his employment, as MA feels that a lower cost base will now make the club easier to sell.

Fingers crossed.

Guest neesy111

He had a f***ing helicopter waiting outside. Shameful.

If he had drove AC there some scouser would of nicked the wheels off the car.

Scousers wold nick the wheels off a jumbo jet if it flew low enough man.

:lol:

For those who say Carroll was forced out, can anybody tell me how we've never forced Ameobi out even though we've accepted decent bids for him from at least two clubs in the past? I'm pretty sure it was because Shola really REALLY does want to stay here so there's no chance of shifting him while he's got a contract.

Yeah, I remeber the massive grin on the hat-wearing Shola when he signed his new contract. At the time it felt like he was so happy/lucky just to get a renewal.

and sticking to the thread topic I think AC is a greedy cunt asking for a revamped contract. £30k a week (!) obviously not ok for the 21 yr old fecker.

Could his decision be also based on wanting to get away from his various off pitch problems as well as money related?

Either way he's a turncoat and we move on without him.  We have 4 months of the season left, and if we get the 3-4 wins we need I think we all might be a bit more calmer about it.

Lets face it he is good, but not world class. He could be a one season wonder, who knows? Nobody can predict he's going to be a world (girl) beater, and Liverpool have taken the massive gamble on that front, not us.

Chin up everyone.

Him being forced out doesn't quite  add up to me.  On the other hand, I think Pardew's story is absolute bullshit as well.  As I said before, everyone comes out looking like an asshole.

In summary,

MA ---> Go fuck yourself

DL ---> Go fuck yourself

AP ---> Go fuck yourself

AC ---> Geordie hero, go fuck yourself

Duffel Bag full of cash ----> best of luck to you up front

Could his decision be also based on wanting to get away from his various off pitch problems as well as money related?

Either way he's a turncoat and we move on without him.  We have 4 months of the season left, and if we get the 3-4 wins we need I think we all might be a bit more calmer about it.

Lets face it he is good, but not world class. He could be a one season wonder, who knows? Nobody can predict he's going to be a world (girl) beater, and Liverpool have taken the massive gamble on that front, not us.

Chin up everyone.

if anything the off field stuff and that the club stood by him in such circumstances (especially the saylor one) when the club would have been quite within his rights to say ok feck off you tramp and get a hair cut and shave (ok perhaps not exactly what would have been said)