West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Antec

We're now 14 points behind his new club, I bet he's f***ing kicking himself :lol:

course he's not, HE got exactly what HE wanted.

He certainly did, an ambitious club desperate to progress

and 80kpw

Icing on the cake, good luck to him

do you think we should compete with those wages ? if so, how ?

If a player is worth it, certainly

We're now 14 points behind his new club, I bet he's f***ing kicking himself :lol:

and 80kpw

Maddy is looking for you to give him the full business plan. You got to do better than that.

and 80kpw

i don't think we are in a position right now to pay that sort of wage or deal with the ramifications of it.

Guest Antec

and 80kpw

Maddy is looking for you to give him the full business plan. You got to do better than that.

Yeah I guessed that madarse was being his usual contrary self :lol:

and 80kpw

Bollocks, the cash was the main motivation. If it was all about picking the right club he would have hung on until a club likely to be challenging for the league in the next 5 years. Liverpool won't be, despite this recent good run Dalglish has them on. He will now spend the next 5 years at a club challenging Tottenham for 5th at best every year, because I can't see them keeping up with Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City. If Liverpool came in and offered to match his NUFC wages, do you think he would have slapped in the transfer request?

and 80kpw

Yeah I guessed that madarse was being his usual contrary self :lol:

contrary.........yet it's a line that half of newcastle fans disagree with but nearly everyone outside of newcastle agrees with ?

Guest Antec

and 80kpw

Bollocks, the cash was the main motivation. If it was all about picking the right club he would have hung on until a club likely to be challenging for the league in the next 5 years. Liverpool won't be, despite this recent good run Dalglish has them on. He will now spend the next 5 years at a club challenging Tottenham for 5th at best every year, because I can't see them keeping up with Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City. If Liverpool came in and offered to match his NUFC wages, do you think he would have slapped in the transfer request?

WTF? Where to start with that shite :lol:

Which bit do you disagree with? Carroll wasn't motivated by money? Liverpool are not going to be challenging for the title? Carroll would have signed for Liverpool if they had offered him £30K a week?

Funny how Liverpool can afford it with a debt that dwarfs ours and a stadium which seats 7k less people.

new owners willing to pump money in and a 50mill cheque from chelsea.

How much did Liverpool actually spend? They sold Babel too didn't they?

Nowt I don't think.

Carroll (£35m) + Suarez (£15m) = Torres (£50m) IIRC?

Funny how Liverpool can afford it with a debt that dwarfs ours and a stadium which seats 7k less people.

liverpool owners have definitely said they want the club to run itself financially, hence the pa stunts in usa (lebron james) far east (players like rush going there to spread the word). torres money though fair enough.

liverpool owners have definitely said they want the club to run itself financially, hence the pa stunts in usa (lebron james) far east (players like rush going there to spread the word). torres money though fair enough.

abramovich and the citeh owners have said they want their clubs to be self financing aswell.

Nowt I don't think.

They get £50 million and spent it on two good players transfer fees, let's see what we get for £35 million which goes on players and wages.

How much did Liverpool actually spend? They sold Babel too didn't they?

Nowt I don't think.

Suarez was about £22 million iirc.

Guest Antec

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/4fa543c6be19a9268025787d00446049?OpenDocument

Another old boy who will doubtless be in the media glare this coming week, is Andy Carroll. I’ll confess to remaining heartbroken by Carroll’s transfer. As I get older I get dafter but I’d put the stomach churning news the big Gateshead lad had been flogged to Liverpool on a par with hearing Supermac had gone to Arsenal (for £333,333.33 fee fans), Waddle and Gascoigne had gone to Spurs and Beardsley had gone to Liverpool. All of those players left United to develop their careers and their bank accounts and professionally speaking they were right to do so. I don’t understand the logic to slaughter Waddle for his move (though he did make some tactless remarks after he left) but cheer Beardsley. Both situations were practically identical. And so is Carroll’s. On every occasion we have sold off some of the family silver, I’ve heard it said, it was “good business”. The nonsense of that assertion is exposed by looking at the players who came in after those players were sold. We squandered their fees and the club hit the skids as a result. Ian Stewart for Chris Waddle anyone? Ask your Dad! That is the risk of selling Carroll and looking to replace him with the unknown.

I have no beef with Carroll at all. I sincerely believe he was manipulated out of the club by Ashley-Llambias who wanted the big fee. I’m not naïve enough to ignore Carroll himself wasn’t interested in a massive salary jump but that is the modern game. Expecting a lad to stick on £30K p.w. when he is being offered £80K p.w. with his club refusing to discuss an increase in salary is just utterly deluded. I don’t accept there is anyone reading this as a proper Mag who wouldn’t demand more of United if they were in the same position and if that was declined, wouldn’t think about leaving. I would. These lads, play for money. You don’t think Shearer or Milburn turned out for nowt do you? That’s why I really hope Carroll doesn’t get any stick from those of us travelling to Anfield next Sunday. Don’t get me wrong, I hope Carroll (if selected) has a rotten game, doesn’t score (though it seems inevitable he will) and we get a good result (we are due one there). I also haven’t completely given up the hope we might even see Carroll back at United at some point in the future. I love the kid as a player but it is nonsense for him to be put in the bracket that crazy £35m has placed him in. Liverpool have paid far too much for him and give this a couple of seasons and it will dawn on them that they have a good player but not a £35m one. He just looked so right in a B&W shirt with No.9 on the back. He’s one of us and come Sunday, I hope he’s treated okay from the away end. I also hope Pardew just keeps his flap shut and doesn’t do Ashley-Llambias’ PR for them for this week. No-one with half a brain didn’t think they didn’t want to sell him. I mean, what part of “get in my helicopter, go to Liverpool and sign for them, you won‘t get more money here” can’t be taken as a hint the boss wants you out?

:clap:

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/4fa543c6be19a9268025787d00446049?OpenDocument

Another old boy who will doubtless be in the media glare this coming week, is Andy Carroll. I’ll confess to remaining heartbroken by Carroll’s transfer. As I get older I get dafter but I’d put the stomach churning news the big Gateshead lad had been flogged to Liverpool on a par with hearing Supermac had gone to Arsenal (for £333,333.33 fee fans), Waddle and Gascoigne had gone to Spurs and Beardsley had gone to Liverpool. All of those players left United to develop their careers and their bank accounts and professionally speaking they were right to do so. I don’t understand the logic to slaughter Waddle for his move (though he did make some tactless remarks after he left) but cheer Beardsley. Both situations were practically identical. And so is Carroll’s. On every occasion we have sold off some of the family silver, I’ve heard it said, it was “good business”. The nonsense of that assertion is exposed by looking at the players who came in after those players were sold. We squandered their fees and the club hit the skids as a result. Ian Stewart for Chris Waddle anyone? Ask your Dad! That is the risk of selling Carroll and looking to replace him with the unknown.

I have no beef with Carroll at all. I sincerely believe he was manipulated out of the club by Ashley-Llambias who wanted the big fee. I’m not naïve enough to ignore Carroll himself wasn’t interested in a massive salary jump but that is the modern game. Expecting a lad to stick on £30K p.w. when he is being offered £80K p.w. with his club refusing to discuss an increase in salary is just utterly deluded. I don’t accept there is anyone reading this as a proper Mag who wouldn’t demand more of United if they were in the same position and if that was declined, wouldn’t think about leaving. I would. These lads, play for money. You don’t think Shearer or Milburn turned out for nowt do you? That’s why I really hope Carroll doesn’t get any stick from those of us travelling to Anfield next Sunday. Don’t get me wrong, I hope Carroll (if selected) has a rotten game, doesn’t score (though it seems inevitable he will) and we get a good result (we are due one there). I also haven’t completely given up the hope we might even see Carroll back at United at some point in the future. I love the kid as a player but it is nonsense for him to be put in the bracket that crazy £35m has placed him in. Liverpool have paid far too much for him and give this a couple of seasons and it will dawn on them that they have a good player but not a £35m one. He just looked so right in a B&W shirt with No.9 on the back. He’s one of us and come Sunday, I hope he’s treated okay from the away end. I also hope Pardew just keeps his flap shut and doesn’t do Ashley-Llambias’ PR for them for this week. No-one with half a brain didn’t think they didn’t want to sell him. I mean, what part of “get in my helicopter, go to Liverpool and sign for them, you won‘t get more money here” can’t be taken as a hint the boss wants you out?

:clap:

Load of bollocks.