West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it doesnt matter who's owner or the chairman we have.... 35million for Carroll is HUGE.

any past board or chairman would have to consider it

i dont want carroll to leave at any cost, but its difficult to turn down this size of offer.

haeve to agree with this, id hate him to go for any price but deep down you have to see this is a crazy amount for him to turn down

Guest neesy111

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Fuck off you idiot.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

f*** off you idiot.

How can you possibly call anyone an idiot?

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

35 million is just a ridiculous fee. Wouldn't it be the highest ever fee paid by a British club? I really don't want Carroll to go, but at 35 million, I can see it happening. It's depressing, but that is football. I cannot believe how this has progressed.

All clubs sell players. It is not a reason to stop supporting the club. Hopefully Carroll will just stay.

Genuinely can't see Carroll even wanting to go to Liverpool or leave us this early in his career. He still has a lot to learn so if the decision is left in his own hands I'm pretty confident he'd choose to stay.

35 million is just a ridiculous fee. Wouldn't it be the highest ever fee paid by a British club? I really don't want Carroll to go, but at 35 million, I can see it happening. It's depressing, but that is football. I cannot believe how this has progressed.

it would be other than torres off for more

Guest neesy111

We spent almost £30M on owen and luque and that did fuck all good for us.  Getting £35M means fuck all if you buy shit with it.

Guest neesy111

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

He thinks he is above anyone else with his views tbh.

philmcnulty Phil McNulty

Newcastle considering Liverpool offer apparently. How long do you give it? Five seconds? Ten for dramatic effect? Can't turn that down. #fb

What a massive cunt. Said they accepted minutes ago.

Why the hell do people want the money? Who would you buy? Like players would come to a club with no fucking ambitions.

We'll end up with Jay Bothroyd and back in the Championship.

Aye fuckin' tremendous piece of business.

Guest Stephen927

Go support City then.

Undecided over this. £35 million is a stupid amount of money for someone who's only done it for half a season in the premier league but we're not going to be able to get anyone as good even if we splashed the full lot on a replacement. Other players of his standard won't want to play here and even if we do manage to scout a youngster who turns into a world class striker then they'll want away as soon as the big boys come knocking. Carroll seemingly wants to stay and therefore we should be keeping him.