West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

He thinks he is above anyone else with his views tbh.

Poor, at best, Michael. Chris, at the end of the day, you'll be back - you said the same thing (almost verbatim) when Hughton was sacked. It came across as though you were of the impression that the majority of the NUFC supporters were also incensed by the decision and you started the "official protest" bandwagon...when people had a chance to think it over and they realised that perhaps this wasn't the falling of the sky, they soon got back into the normal swing of things (i.e. going to matches). It'll be the same with Carroll, even if he is sold - no one player is bigger than the club, so long as we have 11 players out there who are putting their all in for the black and white shirt, people will still care about the club.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tell them we will only do the deal if Chelski loan us Strurrage

Three Way Trades!  :frantic:

Mike should be the EPL Commissioner to oversee all of this.

Vince Mcmahon wouldnt sell him if he was in charge :snod:

Vince would force Kenny D to join the Kiss My Ass Club.

:lol:

Most people would have thought Ashley would sell at £25m a couple of days ago. The fact is we haven't yet accepted this new bid of £35m. So stop committing suicide everyone and hold your horses.

When was the last time we had a prospect like Carroll? Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

Any football club will struggle to reject a bid like that. It would make him the 6th most expensive player ever or something, they'd be mad to not consider it.

It's now the job of the club to try and persuade him to not go.

It's £35 million for a player who has only been a first team player for a little over a year, can anyone think of another player who was sold for so much.. with so little top-level experience?

Guest neesy111

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

Go support City then.

Guess, you didn't support or know about what selling your best players did in the 80's then.  Pushed us to the brink of the 3rd tier of English football.

Eh?

I'll be supporting Newcastle long after Carroll retires. Can't stand muppets talking about giving up on the club because we've been offered an incredible fee for a striker.

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

Go support City then.

That's exactly the kind of ill-educated tripe gets spewed out far too often around here.

"We're selling our best players, but f*** me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

This is Newcastle United.  We're not some team of village idiots.  We're supposedly a Premiership football team that wants to get back into Europe.  This is the wrong decision, at the wrong time.

Too many fair weather supporters these days.

Bollocks total bollocks.

It's fans like you criticising others, who are f***ing wankers in it all.

I'm criticising a fan who is going to stop supporting the club cos of the sale of one player. Too right I am.

:thup:

Bollocks to you as well.  It's not this decision, it's the countless decisions that Mike Ashley has done wish is pushing the fans over the edge.

It's fairweather fans like yourself that are prepared to DO FUCK ALL while the club is being ripped apart again who don't deserve the club to be successful.

Feeling there's going to be a bid accepted.

Liverpool need to replace Torres, pretty sure it was a case of 'name your price' and we've told them 35m.

Chance to be an absolute legend for Carroll if that turns out to be the case, can you imagine if he told them to get stuffed? He'd be the king of Newcastle.

This is the direction Mike Ashley is taking our club. Yet so few want to make a stand.

Pathetic.

what direction? He just rejected a 30M bid. You seemed to have made your mind up...that's pathetic

You'll be eating your words if we go down.

Well if we go down because Mike sold Carroll and did not replace him, then I'll blame him. Till then, I'll reserve my judgment, thank you

Because he's really going to be replaced with someone as good as Carroll, in the next 7 and a half hours. Idiot.