West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

selling him (now) would be utterly pathetic. we are by no means safe and most clubs in the bottom half have been improving their squads. Selling our top scorer is just ridiculous and i don't care how much money they offer

This is the direction Mike Ashley is taking our club. Yet so few want to make a stand.

Pathetic.

What's pathetic is the thought that any other Premier League chairman would act any differently.

Guest Stephen927

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

Go support City then.

Guess, you didn't support or know about what selling your best players did in the 80's then.  Pushed us to the brink of the 3rd tier of English football.

Eh?

I'll be supporting Newcastle long after Carroll retires. Can't stand muppets talking about giving up on the club because we've been offered an incredible fee for a striker.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

Go support City then.

That's exactly the kind of ill-educated tripe gets spewed out far too often around here.

"We're selling our best players, but fuck me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

This is Newcastle United.  We're not some team of village idiots.  We're supposedly a Premiership football team that wants to get back into Europe.  This is the wrong decision, at the wrong time.

Too many fair weather supporters these days.

Look, I understand that.

I know its a lot of money.  But Ashley should know that Carroll is irreplaceable.  He's not going to get anyone better in, certainly not someone with the potential to be what Carroll could be for us over the next ten years.

Ashley has fucked up so many times before, and Carroll does not want to leave.  Ashley should get behind Carroll and the fans for once, and just hold on for one day.  If Carroll went for the same price in the summer, at the start of the summer, then fair enough.  We could rebuild the squad decently.  But now, with no replacements that we know of lined up (since no one in January could replace him for sensible money), this is a stupid, stupid decision.

Money is NOT everything in football.  And if it is, now, then the game's a shadow of what it once was.

Why do we need to get someone better in?  How about using any money we receive (IF is happens) to improve the team overall.  We could get a new winger (£10m), new striker (£15m), second striker (£10m).

By 11pm tonight?

We don't have goalscoring strikers. We could end up back in the Championship come May.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is the direction Mike Ashley is taking our club. Yet so few want to make a stand.

Pathetic.

i'm sorry but name a club owner in the country who would reject 35m

:thup:

Guess I was wrong to think we'd keep our heads about this.

Guest Campo22

Andy Carroll is not worth 35mil but no way we should let him go. We have no replacement lined up, does Ashley want another fans backlash like after the sacking of Hughton. If Carroll goes I don't think I'll bother going to the Arsenal game I've already got tickets for and paid accommodation for.

Pathetic.

i'm sorry but name a club owner in the country who would reject 35m

Could be Ashley yet.

Guest neesy111

Look, I understand that.

I know its a lot of money.  But Ashley should know that Carroll is irreplaceable.  He's not going to get anyone better in, certainly not someone with the potential to be what Carroll could be for us over the next ten years.

Ashley has fucked up so many times before, and Carroll does not want to leave.  Ashley should get behind Carroll and the fans for once, and just hold on for one day.  If Carroll went for the same price in the summer, at the start of the summer, then fair enough.  We could rebuild the squad decently.  But now, with no replacements that we know of lined up (since no one in January could replace him for sensible money), this is a stupid, stupid decision.

Money is NOT everything in football.  And if it is, now, then the game's a shadow of what it once was.

Why do we need to get someone better in?  How about using any money we receive (IF is happens) to improve the team overall.  We could get a new winger (£10m), new striker (£15m), second striker (£10m).

We tried in that in 2005, and it worked very good didn't it.

So we've just become another selling club?

Fuck off, the lot of ya at NUFC.

I wouldnt say we are a selling club. Its similar to £50million for Torres or £80million for Ronaldo. When a massive bid comes in for a player you sometimes have to accept. The only thing is we are accepting it at a stage were we cant spend it to replace Carroll and will only leave a massive hole in our team.

Pathetic.

what direction? He just rejected a 30M bid. You seemed to have made your mind up...that's pathetic

You'll be eating your words if we go down.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So we've just become another selling club?

Fuck off, the lot of ya at NUFC.

I wouldnt say we are a selling club. Its similar to £50million for Torres or £80million for Ronaldo. When a massive bid comes in for a player you sometimes have to accept. The only thing is we are accepting it at a stage were we cant spend it to replace Carroll and will only leave a massive hole in our team.

It's different though, he came from here, he's our talent. And he's a big fucking talent as well. What a ridiculous thing it would be to sell him

Guest GAMMELL

We are far too quite in all of this media frenzy surrounding this transfer. If we were not going to sell Big Andy the club would surely have come out by now and say he's NOT for sale, period.

He's gone, What a shit day this is going to be.