West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we sold Carrol then you have to hold your hands up and say do i want to be part of this club any more?

He's a geordie so you can actually relate to the bloke, he's homegrown talent and he's gonna be a great number 9 in the tradition we have of getting good ones...

If Ashley sold him I would become totally disenchanted.

Would prefer to get rid of the dross amnd only sign another two players in the mold of tiote or Ben arfa

(Dross: Best, Xisco, Smith, Guthrie, Perch, Lovenkrands)

I stand by my earlier comment (even before this game) that we should sell Carroll if two conditions are met

1) we get minimum offer of 30M

2) All 30M are reinvested back to strengthen various positions in the team (RW, strikers, and backup LB)

Right now all we have is Carroll which is why all we seem to do is lump the ball to his head and hope that he does something with it, when he has even a slightly off day (like yesterday), our attack becomes completely toothless

Anything to say Antec beyond your typical response of  :facepalm:?

:facepalm: seems perfect in this case but I'll have a  go

2) All 30M are reinvested back to strengthen various positions in the team (RW, strikers, and backup LB)

That looks like 4 players to me, other than the backup LB. we'll probably need to give the other 3 decent wages to  make sure they're decent quality.  Ashley has been trying to cut  the wage  bill,  do you really see him going for this?

Guest Stephen927

I'll let someone else do the maths, but compare how much we have spent on transfers, and how much we have recouped from player sales. The net spend must be very low, albeit we haven't had a bid going anywhere near £30m for a player.

We could do some damage with £30m in the summer, but theres still a long way to go this season and I don't trust Pardew to spend it right were he given it. January is a terrible market to be spending that much money in, player valuations are even higher than they are in the summer.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Would get 5 million for that lot...

Two astute buys would do me and bring some of the younger ones to the fore...

No one will buy them.

Guest kingdawson

:jesuswept:

What is it with Spurs and wankers pretending they're 'in the know'? I mean we've all got them, but Spurs fans just take the piss.

Not sure tbh. We do seem to have a lot of them sadly.

Guest kingdawson

Do you still have that entire forum dedicated to it?

Most on the forum dislike itk's (glory glory)....oh wait you're talking about the other spurs forum where you actually get banned for saying anything negative regarding itk's. Yeh that cult is sadly still in existance. Ben the tree man especially takes the biscuit.