West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the betting any Keane/Bentley deal is tied in with Spurtz signing Carroll?

Keane is looking increasingly likely to go to Brum.  Gio would be an option to add to Bentley plus cash for Carroll.

That said, Carroll is the 3rd choice back up option, the first two are abroad.  I don't expect Spurs to sign Carroll and I don't expect Spurs to sign either of the first two options either.

Guest The_Optimistic

£30m would be an unbelievable deal if true,no chance is he worth that much on the back of one good half a season.

Well if we go down on the back of selling for 30mill then its not a good deal

We won't go down if that 30M is reinvested back into the team, especially now with Barfa back from March onwards

Then there would be no point as I think we dont need to blow alot of money in any other position other than upfront at the moment.  The likely hood of getting a deal sorted with Carrol with Spurs and us to attract and sign up 2 or 3 half decent players to make up the loss is highly unlikely in 3-4 weeks.  Thats Championship Manager 2011 talk.

Guest The_Optimistic

Send us two right-wingers, yeah that's a good deal.

2 wingers to supply crosses to Shola and Lovenkrands, you must be joking?

Totally depends on his ambition and the clubs ambition aligning. 

Can Tottenham ever get better than what they're currently at? I'd say they're at 95% of what they're capable of. Think the best they can ever be is a top 4 side occasionally with the odd Cup win. We're at about 60% of where we could be capable of, which in 4-5 years time could be where Spurs are now.

If he's to leave us, it should be for a club like Man Utd, Chelsea, or God forbid, Man City, where he knows he's going to win stuff regularly in the next 10 years.

I don't agree that we're currently at 95% of what we're capable of tbh. Providing Levy still backs us financially, we keep all our decent players and invest  in a few positions, we can be much bigger then we are now in a few years. It all depends on other teams though.

I think you can challenge the very top if you abandon your wage structure in order to keep players like Bale and to attract some really good players in the coming seasons. Also that new stadium would further increase your revenues as it would - according to your financial reports - be full for pretty much every game even if it was in the region of 50-60k.

Difference is Newcastle already have many of the pieces in place to make things happen, just need to make sure the financial part gets healthy before anything can materialise. And get rid of the monkeys running the club of course.

£30m would be an unbelievable deal if true,no chance is he worth that much on the back of one good half a season.

Well if we go down on the back of selling for 30mill then its not a good deal

We won't go down if that 30M is reinvested back into the team, especially now with Barfa back from March onwards

Then there would be no point as I think we dont need to blow alot of money in any other position other than upfront at the moment.  The likely hood of getting a deal sorted with Carrol with Spurs and us to attract and sign up 2 or 3 half decent players to make up the loss is highly unlikely in 3-4 weeks.  Thats Championship Manager 2011 talk.

i know it's pedantic, but i like the thought of a likely hood :lol: