West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could we not just make a separate thread for all this 'Newcastle are better than Sunderland', 'No you're not, Sunderland are better than Newcastle' rubbish? It really does get tiring very quickly and is quite pathetic.

Guest neesy111

Of course it would be fucking unambitious. We're supposedly trying to join the big clubs not fucking feed them. They want Carroll and are willing to pay shitloads for him. Think about it.

What about Man Utd selling Ronaldo?

We're not on the same level as those clubs financially. You can take a step backwards but take two steps forward by spending the money well. It's impossible to jump from newly promoted club to challenging for Europe unless you spend money, which we don't seem so willing to do. Sometimes a player can be replaced if a team offers 'too much' money for him.

I don't think Carroll is irreplaceable. Yes, in terms of the way he plays then I don't think we could get a replacement, per se, but we don't have the play the way we do. It's quite possible to change the way we play by buying new players who'd fit in better in the new system.

Man Utd sold a player that said he wanted to leave.  Also they had a replacement ready in Nani to take his place.

Stupid comparison.

Aye, rightyo.

who the f*** do you have better than those two like?

Aye, rightyo.

who the f*** do you have better than those two like?

On what basis can you claim that Carroll or Ben Arfa are a class above anyone?

One of them has had six good months and the other has scored one good goal.

You're living in a dreamworld mate. How many goals do you think Caroll might have scored if he was playing for a team who weren't so reliant on set pieces?

When either of them has done it at the top level for a couple of years, then you can start to spout off about them.

So anything Ben Arfa did before he signed for Newcastle doesn't count?

As I've already said, you are an idiot.

Like what? Just curious....

Playing for France? Playing in Champions League for OM and Lyon? Winning league titles with Lyon?

Doesn't matter? Lad has only scored 1 goals in a black and white shirt so he mustn't be any good?

The Arsenal team barely has an Englishman, let alone a Londoner, and most of them want to be there.

Yeah, they're a top 4 club so of course players want to be playing for them, but if we buy decent players and move up the league, we'll be in the same position.

Look at Spurs as an example of spending good money by selling a player who was overpriced (Berbatov).

Its just incredible seeing us rejecting £30m bids on deadline day! But Carroll is not for sale at any price today. If in the early summer we're given £35m-£40m then we'll see but theres no chance of him leaving right now.

After everything Ashley has done, I just have to say well done to the regime for holding firm so far. Everyone sit tight, it's gonna be a long day.

Of course it would be f***ing unambitious. We're supposedly trying to join the big clubs not f***ing feed them. They want Carroll and are willing to pay shitloads for him. Think about it.

They didn't replace him adequately and lost out on the title to Chelsea?

Him being local is absolutely relevant. He wants to f***ing be here, it's not rocket science.

Enrique, Coloccini, Tiote and Ben Arfa all want to be here as well, and none of them are local.

If you have a player that supported a team as a lad they'll always put in 100% because it's not just for their personal performances but to see the team that they support do well. If you think you can find a player who can play the way Carroll does and have the impact on a game that he does, that also supports us, for the £8-10mil price you mentioned previously please point him out.

Depressing as fuck that some are already seeking to justify selling our best players. I support a football club not a fucking bank balance. We should be in a better place than most to know that big fees mean nothing. Disgusting tbh.

Guest neesy111

The Arsenal team barely has an Englishman, let alone a Londoner, and most of them want to be there.

Yeah, they're a top 4 club so of course players want to be playing for them, but if we buy decent players and move up the league, we'll be in the same position.

Look at Spurs as an example of spending good money by selling a player who was overpriced (Berbatov).

Yeah, Berbatov was overpriced hence why he's the top goalscorer in the country by a mile.

Of course it would be fucking unambitious. We're supposedly trying to join the big clubs not fucking feed them. They want Carroll and are willing to pay shitloads for him. Think about it.

We're not on the same level as those clubs financially. You can take a step backwards but take two steps forward by spending the money well. It's impossible to jump from newly promoted club to challenging for Europe unless you spend money, which we don't seem so willing to do. Sometimes a player can be replaced if a team offers 'too much' money for him.

I don't think Carroll is irreplaceable. Yes, in terms of the way he plays then I don't think we could get a replacement, per se, but we don't have the play the way we do. It's quite possible to change the way we play by buying new players who'd fit in better in the new system.

Man Utd sold a player that said he wanted to leave.  Also they had a replacement ready in Nani to take his place.

Stupid comparison.

Nani's not in the same league as Ronaldo, mate. I take your point about the player wanting to leave.

They changed their formation after Ronaldo left. They changed their style after their best player left, and they've gradually reinvested the money from that sale (they obv still have a lot left to spend) to buy new and younger players who'll all help them consistently challenge.

That's the scenario that could happen if we sell Carroll. Of course we could fuck it up by spending it on dross, but we could equally spend the money on 4 Ben Arfas and be rolling into the CL in two years.

Guest neesy111

Depressing as fuck that some are already seeking to justify selling our best players. I support a football club not a fucking bank balance. We should be in a better place than most to know that big fees mean nothing. Disgusting tbh.

Well Said.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Depressing as f*** that some are already seeking to justify selling our best players. I support a football club not a f***ing bank balance. We should be in a better place than most to know that big fees mean nothing. Disgusting tbh.

:clap:

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Depressing as f*** that some are already seeking to justify selling our best players. I support a football club not a f***ing bank balance. We should be in a better place than most to know that big fees mean nothing. Disgusting tbh.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

:lol: defoe and rooney must push bent close off the top of my head too

and tevez

Happy checking.

My checking says that the goal he scored for Villa puts him equal with Rooney since the start of the 05/06 season, thanks to the fact Rooney's only got two during this campaign, so it depends what you mean by "Over the last half decade" and "more goals than".  Five years to the day?  Last five seasons?

Guest neesy111

Man Utd sold a player that said he wanted to leave.  Also they had a replacement ready in Nani to take his place.

Stupid comparison.

Nani's not in the same league as Ronaldo, mate. I take your point about the player wanting to leave.

They changed their formation after Ronaldo left. They changed their style after their best player left, and they've gradually reinvested the money from that sale (they obv still have a lot left to spend) to buy new and younger players who'll all help them consistently challenge.

That's the scenario that could happen if we sell Carroll. Of course we could fuck it up by spending it on dross, but we could equally spend the money on 4 Ben Arfas and be rolling into the CL in two years.

And where are Man Utd, top of the league currently and unbeaten.  Totally different situations and no comparison with this at all.

Guest neesy111

Every transfer is a risk, but it's a bigger risk selling a player and then thinking you can get better replacements.  We should know this better than anyone.

Great local players who want to be where they are are the ones that you should build your team around. Scholes, Giggs, Terry, Gerrard, Carragher - these are the most important players for those clubs over the last 5, 10, 20 years. Far more than any three year deal foreigner.

seems quite mixed on RAWK of what they think of 30m Carroll.. but this ones funny(below) hmm we have about 5 average players i would be happy to sell for 20m each  ;D

Quote from: SmithyTheRed on Today at 12:30:20 PM

Absolutely Average.

Worth 20m tops.

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

:lol: defoe and rooney must push bent close off the top of my head too

and tevez

Happy checking.

My checking says that the goal he scored for Villa puts him equal with Rooney since the start of the 05/06 season, thanks to the fact Rooney's only got two during this campaign, so it depends what you mean by "Over the last half decade" and "more goals than".  Five years to the day?  Last five seasons?

:lol: