West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley won't sell him today, he'll be sold in the summer when the £35m+ bids flow in.

It's probably a whoosh, but if you're serious then £35m is only going about cos it's last day of transfers.  No way is Carroll worth £35m. 

Wasn't David Villa a lot less?

He was, but apparently Carroll is worth more than the world's best striker, despite being unproven at Premier League level, because he's "local".

:facepalm:

:lol:

Still doesn't understand.

Obviously not. Explain.

I've already done it.

I don't recall, can you sum it up for me because I'm struggling to get my head around any reason why someone who has 11 PL goals is worth more than Villa, Rooney, Drogba, Tevez etc.....

Why don't you ask Redknapp or Dalglish?

We could receive all the money in the world but what high quality players would realistically come to Newcastle in return??

Carroll could turn into a top player, needs to be kept.

Exactly. Theres more to it than simple numbers. Class strikers are far easier to spot for managers than other positions as its a simple game of numbers, if theyre good theyre putting the ball in the net & that will get them noticed. Its very hard to find a gem bigger sides than us wont have noticed.

Either way we'd have to pay them a load & theyd likely see us as a stepping stone. The motivation levels for such a player & the effect he'd have on the mentality of other players are all involved in this also.

Keeping Carroll is much better for us

Guest Roger Kint

I don't recall, can you sum it up for me because I'm struggling to get my head around any reason why someone who has 11 PL goals is worth more than Villa, Rooney, Drogba, Tevez etc.....

11 Premier League goals?  :nope:

Guest neesy111

Skysports "expecting big developments regarding Carroll" later this afternoon. Really worried now.

Believing SkySports :lol:

Where is this Newcastle announcement from last friday due?

Skysports "expecting big developments regarding Carroll" later this afternoon. Really worried now.

"and we can reveal that Andy Carroll IS staying with the toon for now..."

that's a big development for those plebs tbh.

Guest toonlass

Or "let's make sure we keep the Newcastle and Liverpool fans keep watching by saying something might happen with Carroll"

Believing SkySports :lol:

Where is this Newcastle announcement from last friday due?

Says Mr Twitter himself ffs :lol:

As far as i can see, no one is claiming Carroll should be worth more than Villa. Not sure what you're getting worked up about.

Oh its because a Newcastle player is being massively rated by another club & has a higher valuation in half a season than you got for "top goalscoring prem player in 5 decades Darren Bent" etc. Yeah unlucky.

Guest johnson293

Torres on way to finalise Chelsea move.

Uh oh.

Would be interesting/worrying to see how desperate Liverpool would get if Torres left, and we kept rejecting their bids.