West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need to see him play in a Liverpool shirt like, it'll be like closure on this whole thing for me. Obviously I now hope he turns out to be absolutely bollocks and injury ravaged.

All of that is possible. He's got pressure on him, he's young and not on his home patch etc. He's got balls though and my money is on him to get it done even if not at first. £35 million really?

We're fine lads. My back four completely nullified him on FIFA :snod:

:snod:

After holding him at bay for the full 90 I thought I was fully justified to act like a FIFA cunt and do keepy ups/tricks until the final whistle went. Any kind of sporting imperative goes out of the way against somebody with 'LFC' in their gamertag.

He seems to be more worried about the departure from Liverpool's football principles of pass and move towards hit and hope. With any luck they'll use the stats and intelligence gathered on this site to bid £25m for Kevin Nolan, who as we have proved, all top clubs should be gagging to sign.

Take that Dyer you utter cunt!

Guest toonarmymia

He seems to be more worried about the departure from Liverpool's football principles of pass and move towards hit and hope. With any luck they'll use the stats and intelligence gathered on this site to bid £25m for Kevin Nolan, who as we have proved, all top clubs should be gagging to sign.

Take that Dyer you utter c***!

Kevin Nolan for 25 mil? 35-40 more like - he's scored same number goals as Carroll this season and he's got more experience. Slap an extra 10 on for that and the fact he's a Liverpool fan as a sweetner

In a nutshell - Nolan wouldn't have had the same impact as Dyer did in Sir Bobby's team, much like Dyer wouldn't have had the same impact in this team as Nolan has had.

Hopefully he'll struggle settling and coping with teammates. Doing his thing in his free time. Coming back in a season or two for £12,73 m.

No thanks. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Bollocks. Young and blinded by money - still a geordie. Would take him back at a flash.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Well you're about the last person I'd expect to quote latin, but each to their own retarded response. If you want Carroll back you're an absolute mug. No two ways about it. An absolute mug.

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

They've just thrown a load of random figures together, and decided to call it a 'story'.

Aye they have cobbled together the values for accountancy and their own special blend of bullshit and made a sensational exclusive 2 page spread which doesnt actually say anything other than Andy Carroll was a £1m asset after about 5 starts for us on 30 June 2009

apparently he was rated at 1m in the summer after relegation

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3445593/Why-Carroll-had-Toon-laughing-all-the-way-to-bank.html

a mildly interesting read

Considering  who's written the article, one should be a bit sceptical.  But still, I feel that the story in someway reflects what did happen after the relegation. We had tons of mediocre players on heavy salaries. And the club was knee deep in debt. The most logical thing to do in that situation is offload the big earners to a reduced price. But sadly for us, few players impressed in our relegation season. That made it hard for us to unload  Colo, Enrique, Caroll, Barton and Smith . This is quite ironic, because those players transformed their play in Wankership and became crucial in securing our promotion. So MA original strategy had to be dumped, Instead of offloading everything, he was forced to plow money into the club to pay the heavy salaries of Colo and co, hoping that they would take us straight back to PL. Luckily for us, that worked.  

In hindsight, I must say that the season in Wankership was good for the club. It forced us to get rid of the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka. And it allowed Colo, Carroll and Enrique to develop into the players they are to day. It showed how important it is to have patience with players from abroad too. It takes time to settle in a new culture and into the frenzy of PL. Colo and Enrique went from rubbish to star performers. The relegation forced the club into the new path we're now onto. I'm inclined to think that without it, Colo and Enrique would not be half the players they are today. We would neither have sold Carroll for £35 mill with a 25% sell on clause (if we had stayed up, we still would have continued with Oba and Owen instead of the likes of Carroll) and we probably would not have appointed important staff such as Carr that led us to discover Tiote.

Hopefully he'll struggle settling and coping with teammates. Doing his thing in his free time. Coming back in a season or two for £12,73 m.

No thanks. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Bollocks. Young and blinded by money - still a geordie. Would take him back at a flash.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Well you're about the last person I'd expect to quote latin, but each to their own retarded response. If you want Carroll back you're an absolute mug. No two ways about it. An absolute mug.

Of course I am. Once again - Ad hominem. Still cute.

Actually, I'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite. Well, maybe not, I'd say it's quite valid: A response is not retarded just because you fail to understand it. That's your problem.

I don't care what you think about me wanting Carroll back. He is a geordie, loves the club (well, not as much as money maybe) and should be our future. Unfortunately things have turned out how they did, but I have hopes he comes back in the future when we're a better club able to pay bigger wages. You have your view, I have mine. End of.

Guest Roger Kint

It forced us to get rid of the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka

Think you will find having no contracts at the club saw off two of those.......

We tried to renew the contract with Owen..Luckily for us he didn't sign our proposal.

apparently he was rated at 1m in the summer after relegation

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3445593/Why-Carroll-had-Toon-laughing-all-the-way-to-bank.html

a mildly interesting read

Considering  who's written the article, one should be a bit sceptical.  But still, I feel that the story in someway reflects what did happen after the relegation. We had tons of mediocre players on heavy salaries. And the club was knee deep in debt. The most logical thing to do in that situation is offload the big earners to a reduced price. But sadly for us, few players impressed in our relegation season. That made it hard for us to unload  Colo, Enrique, Caroll, Barton and Smith . This is quite ironic, because those players transformed their play in Wankership and became crucial in securing our promotion. So MA original strategy had to be dumped, Instead of offloading everything, he was forced to plow money into the club to pay the heavy salaries of Colo and co, hoping that they would take us straight back to PL. Luckily for us, that worked. 

In hindsight, I must say that the season in Wankership was good for the club. It forced us to get rid of the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka. And it allowed Colo, Carroll and Enrique to develop into the players they are to day. It showed how important it is to have patience with players from abroad too. It takes time to settle in a new culture and into the frenzy of PL. Colo and Enrique went from rubbish to star performers. The relegation forced the club into the new path we're now onto. I'm inclined to think that without it, Colo and Enrique would not be half the players they are today. We would neither have sold Carroll for £35 mill with a 25% sell on clause (if we had stayed up, we still would have continued with Oba and Owen instead of the likes of Carroll) and we probably would not have appointed important staff such as Carr that led us to discover Tiote.

It all hinged on us coming straight back up. If we hadn't, the downward momentum would have continued and we'd have done a Leeds, relying more on younger players and possibly facing another relegation.

From all accounts, it was Smith and Nolan who united the squad behind the effort required. I know we've knocked them as players, but we owe them for that leadership they gave at the crucial time.

It all hinged on us coming straight back up. If we hadn't, the downward momentum would have continued and we'd have done a Leeds, relying more on younger players and possibly facing another relegation.

From all accounts, it was Smith and Nolan who united the squad behind the effort required. I know we've knocked them as players, but we owe them for that leadership they gave at the crucial time.

Yes, that would have been the most likely result if our promotion had failed.

And you're spot on regarding Smith and Nolan. Although Smith's quality on the pitch has not been the best this year, his role both on and off the pitch during our Championship season should never be forgotten. Chris' role would have been so much harder without Smith and Nolan.

Guest Roger Kint

We tried to renew the contract with Owen..Luckily for us he didn't sign our proposal.

As we tried well before we were relegated how exactly did it force us to get rid of him?