West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what if they do leave, Bartons on 80k a week we have Ben Arfa who can come in and play there. Enrique, yes it would be a blow, but he can be replaced. There are plenty of solid but not spectacular LB's that would come here.

Eh?

And Jose's one of the best left-backs in the league. Plus there's that feeling that he's 'ours'. Which is important imo.

The fact of the matter is, we've got the crux of an excellent squad that has masses of potential. We need to add to it, not start again. Everything should be done to keep our best players at the club.

Ben Arfa can play on the right where Barton currently plays. I'd rather keep both of them, but if they want to leave I'd rather just sell them and get it over with.

"Can play"? Technically I suppose, same way Tim Krul can put a shift in up front if you asked him to.

Ner.

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

Totally unable to do it?  We won three games ago!

Hence I said "Birmingham aside"

Only on here could people argue Newcastle United are of equal quality without Andy Carroll. Fucking hell man, listen to yourselves. :lol:

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

We've also scored 15 goals in those 10 games, 10 games that Carroll wouldn't even have played in if he's only just making the bench for Liverpool today.

We didn't fail to win most of those games because of failure to score. We didn't win because of poor defensive mistakes (Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Fulham at least).

We've also scored 15 goals in those 10 games, 10 games that Carroll wouldn't even have played in if he's only just making the bench for Liverpool today.

We didn't fail to win most of those games because of failure to score. We didn't win because of poor defensive mistakes (Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Fulham at least).

Are you only allowed to score one goal a game? ???

And the man who's replaced him has scored 6 in 10.

And the man who's replaced him has scored 6 in 10.

Lovenkrands?

Totally unable to do it?  We won three games ago!

Hence I said "Birmingham aside"

Only on here could people argue Newcastle United are of equal quality without Andy Carroll. f***ing hell man, listen to yourselves. :lol:

We won 1 in 8 before Carroll got injured didn't we?  I didn't want Carroll to go either and wouldn't have sold but there's no point coming out with rubbish to prove a point.

And why would you ignore Birmingham?  Liverpool aside, my stat is 0 wins.

No, but we threw away leads in three of those games.

Er... yeah, we also missed a load of chances to kill the game off.

Who else was going to put them away like? A one legged Andy Carroll?

Eh?

Forget it, we're not going to agree. You think we're as good without Carroll, I don't. Fair enough.

We have not lost a PL game at home that Sol Campbell has started. Our results improved dramatically once Ben Arfa got obliterated by De Jong. Both of them FACTS mean jack s*** just like our results have improved without Carroll.  We were a better team with AC imo, I think we will be a better team with Ben Arfa in & I would not play Sol at home in front of Williamson or Colo.

Not sure I've seen anybody say we've been better without Carroll but we've not been overly hit have we? Still sitting top 10 even without him.

People post stuff like "We won 1 in 8 before Carroll got injured didn't we?" I take it they are making out we are doing better without AC. Even you had to post "without him" as he would not of played any of these games would we not be there anyway?

Hope he breaks his leg, is out for 3 years, we put a bid in for £2mil in the Summer, Liverpool accept, we take him to Lourdes where he is miraculously healed and stays with us for the rest of his career.

Might be a bit unrealistic with him staying here for the rest of his career though

Eh?

Forget it, we're not going to agree. You think we're as good without Carroll, I don't. Fair enough.

Where did I say that? :lol:

Eh?

What point are you making then?

I'm saying we're not as good without him and you're arguing with me!

Eh?

The point I'm making is that having him at the club would have made no difference as we're now into the second week in March and he's still not fit to start :dontknow:

We have not lost a PL game at home that Sol Campbell has started. Our results improved dramatically once Ben Arfa got obliterated by De Jong. Both of them FACTS mean jack s*** just like our results have improved without Carroll.  We were a better team with AC imo, I think we will be a better team with Ben Arfa in & I would not play Sol at home in front of Williamson or Colo.

Not sure I've seen anybody say we've been better without Carroll but we've not been overly hit have we? Still sitting top 10 even without him.

People post stuff like "We won 1 in 8 before Carroll got injured didn't we?" I take it they are making out we are doing better without AC. Even you had to post "without him" as he would not of played any of these games would we not be there anyway?

People like me, yeah.  I wasn't trying to make out we are doing better without him.  That stats show we were doing about the same before he got injured as we are after, I was showing Wullie he was twisting facts for the sake of it.

And since you couldn't understand my posts in the other thread I'll make it clear: I DID NOT WANT TO SELL CARROLL.

Eh?

The point I'm making is that having him at the club would have made no difference as we're now into the second week in March and he's still not fit to start :dontknow:

I know that. Other people are interpreting this as "we're alright without him after all!"

We're not.

So what if they do leave, Bartons on 80k a week we have Ben Arfa who can come in and play there. Enrique, yes it would be a blow, but he can be replaced. There are plenty of solid but not spectacular LB's that would come here.

Eh?

And Jose's one of the best left-backs in the league. Plus there's that feeling that he's 'ours'. Which is important imo.

The fact of the matter is, we've got the crux of an excellent squad that has masses of potential. We need to add to it, not start again. Everything should be done to keep our best players at the club.

Ben Arfa can play on the right where Barton currently plays. I'd rather keep both of them, but if they want to leave I'd rather just sell them and get it over with.

If they desperately want out then yeah, it's in everyone's best interests to reluctantly get some cash for them. But "so what if they do leave?" is a bit of a warped mentality. :lol: