West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've done just as well this season without Carroll than with, and he'd have only made his comeback (maybe) yesterday anyway. We'll see in our last 9 results what selling him has done but when his replacement has 6 in 10 this season it's not too bad (yet).

The players were demoralised after the sale so we've already suffered because of his loss and we have players questioning where the club is heading and whether we have any ambition. 

If we'd been able to bring him on yesterday instead of Shola we would have 3 points more than we have now because we had enough balls into the box for him to have made a difference.

I think that's a very important point that the folks saying he wouldn't have played anyway keep overlooking. We'll never know what impact it has actually had on results but I can't see how anyone could claim it was anything but negative.

We've done just as well this season without Carroll than with, and he'd have only made his comeback (maybe) yesterday anyway. We'll see in our last 9 results what selling him has done but when his replacement has 6 in 10 this season it's not too bad (yet).

The players were demoralised after the sale so we've already suffered because of his loss and we have players questioning where the club is heading and whether we have any ambition. 

If we'd been able to bring him on yesterday instead of Shola we would have 3 points more than we have now because we had enough balls into the box for him to have made a difference.

I think that's a very important point that the folks saying he wouldn't have played anyway keep overlooking. We'll never know what impact it has actually had on results but I can't see how anyone could claim it was anything but negative.

It's debatable. We haven't lost any games due to lack of effort.

If anything's demoralized the players it's the sudden propensity for everyone to keel over and crock themselves at every opportunity.

Especially negative now that two key players have withdrawn from contract discussions over it.

Have they? Can't remember Barton and Enrique citing Carroll as reason for it like.

Especially negative now that two key players have withdrawn from contract discussions over it.

Still have Tiote though.

That's ok then, as long as he can play centre forward, left back, right midfield and his own position at the same time.

Have they? Can't remember Barton and Enrique citing Carroll as reason for it like.

Widely reported that they've pulled out because of the club's lack of ambition. Both have publicly stated in interviews that they're not happy about it.

Contrary to popular belief, just because something isn't running across the Sky Sports News ticker doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Widely reported that they've pulled out because of the club's lack of ambition. Both have publicly stated in interviews that they're not happy about it.

Contrary to popular belief, just because something isn't running across the Sky Sports News ticker doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

And contrary to popular belief, just because something is a negative story on the club doesn't mean it's true.

If our best player signing a long-term contract like that isn't enough for Barton & Enrique then it's obvious they've got their minds set elsewhere no matter what.

He already had a long-term contract man, and he might yet go in the summer anyway. They saw our best striker sold for big money to a supposed rival and nothing to replace him. Simple as that.

And contrary to popular belief, just because something is a negative story on the club doesn't mean it's true.

Why do you think they both pulled out then?

So what if they do leave, Bartons on 80k a week we have Ben Arfa who can come in and play there. Enrique, yes it would be a blow, but he can be replaced. There are plenty of solid but not spectacular LB's that would come here.

So what if they do leave, Bartons on 80k a week we have Ben Arfa who can come in and play there. Enrique, yes it would be a blow, but he can be replaced. There are plenty of solid but not spectacular LB's that would come here.

Eh?

And Jose's one of the best left-backs in the league. Plus there's that feeling that he's 'ours'. Which is important imo.

The fact of the matter is, we've got the crux of an excellent squad that has masses of potential. We need to add to it, not start again. Everything should be done to keep our best players at the club.

Why do you think they both pulled out then?

Because they want to see how we handle the rest of the season/strengthen in the window but they decide.

We have not lost a PL game at home that Sol Campbell has started. Our results improved dramatically once Ben Arfa got obliterated by De Jong. Both of them FACTS mean jack shit just like our results have improved without Carroll.  We were a better team with AC imo, I think we will be a better team with Ben Arfa in & I would not play Sol at home in front of Williamson or Colo.

We have not lost a PL game at home that Sol Campbell has started. Our results improved dramatically once Ben Arfa got obliterated by De Jong. Both of them FACTS mean jack s*** just like our results have improved without Carroll.  We were a better team with AC imo, I think we will be a better team with Ben Arfa in & I would not play Sol at home in front of Williamson or Colo.

Not sure I've seen anybody say we've been better without Carroll but we've not been overly hit have we? Still sitting top 10 even without him.

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Eh?

And Jose's one of the best left-backs in the league. Plus there's that feeling that he's 'ours'. Which is important imo.

The fact of the matter is, we've got the crux of an excellent squad that has masses of potential. We need to add to it, not start again. Everything should be done to keep our best players at the club.

Ben Arfa can play on the right where Barton currently plays. I'd rather keep both of them, but if they want to leave I'd rather just sell them and get it over with.

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

Eh?

Ben Arfa can play on the right where Barton currently plays. I'd rather keep both of them, but if they want to leave I'd rather just sell them and get it over with.

"Can play"? Technically I suppose, same way Tim Krul can put a shift in up front if you asked him to.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

Totally unable to do it?  We won three games ago!