West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's the world and his wife against you Wullie, we get it. Becoming incredibly tiresome now.

So, what, you're only allowed to praise the decision on here, not criticise it?

I do apologise, Christ.

It's your fucking boring style of posting. "You're not allowed to say that on here", your 'woe is me' attitude and so on.

Can people seriously not just wait till after the summer to critisise this transfer?

No because we sold him Jan

Yeah, and by all means critisise them for gambeling with the clubs future, but thats not what people are doing here, there completely ignoring the potential gain we could recieve from the 35 million

Because they deemed him worth £35 million for there plans, we didn't. It's basic stuff.

If you're trying to say it's not possibly to buy 3-4 footballers of Andy Carroll's quality for a combined sum of less than £35 million then I strongky suggest you take a look at some of the transfers over the past year, even withing our own team.

Does £35 million buy you 3-4 players of Carroll's quality and pay the wages?

Can people seriously not just wait till after the summer to critisise this transfer? 35 million is a lot of money, and if reinvested wisely we could land 3-4 players of Andy Carroll's quality. Yeah we'll probably never get another powerful target man like him again, but we can definatly use the money to improve the squad from what it was with AC.

If we invest that money in the summer, what good will it have done us between the last transfer window and the end of this season?

None at all, it was silly to sell on the last day of the window withought finding a replacement (infact we shoukd have brout in a striker or 2 even with Carroll), however it looks like we have ridden the storm, and hopefully we will see the benefits with in the next couple of seasons.

It's the world and his wife against you Wullie, we get it. Becoming incredibly tiresome now.

So, what, you're only allowed to praise the decision on here, not criticise it?

I do apologise, Christ.

It's your fucking boring style of posting. "You're not allowed to say that on here", your 'woe is me' attitude and so on.

Ok.

Because they deemed him worth £35 million for there plans, we didn't. It's basic stuff.

If you're trying to say it's not possibly to buy 3-4 footballers of Andy Carroll's quality for a combined sum of less than £35 million then I strongky suggest you take a look at some of the transfers over the past year, even withing our own team.

Add the silly wages he was wanting on top of that sum and it's probably possible, aye.

This is why we have George Carr and we hope he pulls it off ,on a lighter note hope Carroll scores till the end of the season but his team loses so my P.L. fantasy football team can climb the table.

Add the silly wages he was wanting on top of that sum and it's probably possible, aye.

Do you think Andy Carroll deserves similar wages to Coloccini?

Yeah, and by all means critisise them for gambeling with the clubs future, but thats not what people are doing here, there completely ignoring the potential gain we could recieve from the 35 million

You seem to completely ignore that we'll not be spending £35 million.  If we bring 2 players in on £40,000 per week then we'll have less than £7,500,000 each to spend on those 2 players.

this isn't relevant to the debate, I was just stating that mick had convieniently missed off Carroll's wages from his post.

No, we have a wage structure now, and we shouldn't be breaking it for any player tbh. Colo was brought in under a different system.

None at all, it was silly to sell on the last day of the window withought finding a replacement (infact we shoukd have brout in a striker or 2 even with Carroll), however it looks like we have ridden the storm, and hopefully we will see the benefits with in the next couple of seasons.

The point I'm trying to get at is that some people feel we would have benefitted if we'd been fielding Carroll now and that's why they comment now.  We might spend the money well in the summer and then it will be judged again at that time.

Point is Colocho, we're getting away from that sort of wage and I bet Coloccini's offered nowhere near his current salary when it comes to renewal but it'll still be a fair whack.

Would you be happy to see Coloccini let go if he won't accept the same wages?

Point is Colocho, we're getting away from that sort of wage and I bet Coloccini's offered nowhere near his current salary when it comes to renewal but it'll still be a fair whack.

Obviously we wouldn't want that to happen, but the club cannot be held to ransom any more by players who think they're bigger than the club.

The wages Carroll was on haven't been mentionted by anybody at the club as being used in the summer.

No, we have a wage structure now, and we shouldn't be breaking it for any player tbh. Colo was brought in under a different system.

I understand these points and agree with them in principle. Just out of interest, how much do you think our wage cap is?

Obviously we wouldn't want that to happen, but the club cannot be held to ransom any more by players who think they're bigger than the club.

How is taking the same wages that the same people agreed at the time of the first contract holding the club to ransom? ???

You seem to completely ignore that we'll not be spending £35 million.  If we bring 2 players in on £40,000 per week then we'll have less than £7,500,000 each to spend on those 2 players.

I think you mean £35 million (plus Carroll's wage demands)?

But no, I havn't ignored anything, I was just using hypothetical sitiuations to show how we could benefit from his sale. It's all ifs and buts at the minute, no-one knows what our squad will look like come the start of next season so it's daft critisising to sale for any other reason other than the fact we could have gone down this season because of it (and still could)

I understand these points and agree with them in principle. Just out of interest, how much do you think our wage cap is?

50K?

This is why we have George Carr and we hope he pulls it off ,on a lighter note hope Carroll scores till the end of the season but his team loses so my P.L. fantasy football team can climb the table.

I hope that we do bring in some good players, we'll struggle to get a better forward than the one we sold.  I hope that Carroll breaks his leg every time he plays, I don't have a fantasy football team.

50K?

And are we to assume that Ben Arfa and Tiote are on close to this figure? What do we do when clubs come in for them, and naturally they want and improved contract to stay?

Sell them?

The point I'm trying to get at is that some people feel we would have benefitted if we'd been fielding Carroll now and that's why they comment now.  We might spend the money well in the summer and then it will be judged again at that time.

I totaly agree with this by the way.