West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dislike Llambias even more than Ashley TBH.  But then again, MA employed the daft twat, so I've got that the wrong way round.  The owner and the VC have no clue about football and the fans, lovely stuff.

I dislike Llambias even more than Ashley TBH.  But then again, MA employed the daft twat, so I've got that the wrong way round.  The owner and the VC have no clue about football and the fans, lovely stuff.

Same, the problem is that because Ashley knows nothing about football he needs someone working for him who does. Then at least we would have a balance between real business and the crazy reality of football.

I guess Ashley doesn't care about how football clubs are conventionally run and is determined to apply his normal business principles to NUFC. It could eventually be a benefit to us.

Guest Wally_McFool

With regards to the poll about how many goals AC will score next season, I voted 6 to 10 because I dont believe that he will play  for Liverpool as much as he thought he would.

With Kuyt and Maxi now playing upfront along with (the excellent) Suarez, Carroll is in effect 4th choice striker.

Hope he enjoys doing a Michael Owen and sitting on his fat arse most weeks before coming on as  a sub.

Spurs sold their best players and used the money to rebuild their whole squad. With £35m in the bank after selling Carrol,l Ashley can either do the same or prove all the critics right. I'll wait to see what happens in the summer before picking up a pitchfork.

it's so tragically inevitable that on 1st september this will all be repeating itself, i.e. let's see what happens in january - been the same since the moment ashley bought the club

I keep asking those who say like the above and have never got a good reply. Aside from the last January transfer window which by all account was horrible, which other transfer window under Ashley can be considered bad? If he does not get the cash out this transfer window, I doubt anyone save perhaps his family members are gonna say let's wait for January. Of course people will have different interpretation of what constitutes a 'good' transfer window and some will never be happy unless we spend every penny of 35M plus more, persoally I'd be happy with a deeper squad and a first team strengthened by 2-3 top players especially 2 strikers.

has anyone posted Lambias' comments in the program about the fans booing Carroll? If there was ever any more evidence that these lot are taking the piss..........

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Newcastle-United-managing-director-Derek-Llambias-wrong-to-slate-Toon-Army-for-booing-Andy-Carroll-Simon-Bird-column-article733950.html

Llambias wrote: "I was disappointed with the very negative treatment some of our supporters gave our former number nine, Andy Carroll. Andy faced a barrage of insults from a section of fans in the stadium which he most certainly did not deserve.

"The abuse he received was difficult to stomach after everything Andy brought to our club, and I only hope he didn't pay too much attention to the taunts being directed at him from the stands.

"To go from hero to villain simply for moving clubs, which is just part and parcel of football, is beyond me."

Everyone looking forward to more 'just part and parcel of football' ?

Jesus fucking Christ. Like he's got the first fucking clue what's 'part and parcel' of football.

Spurs sold their best players and used the money to rebuild their whole squad. With £35m in the bank after selling Carrol,l Ashley can either do the same or prove all the critics right. I'll wait to see what happens in the summer before picking up a pitchfork.

it's so tragically inevitable that on 1st september this will all be repeating itself, i.e. let's see what happens in january - been the same since the moment ashley bought the club

:sadnod:

We don't have the same pulling power as Spurs. You would have thought that Modric was testament to that ...

Rubbish.

Rubbish.

Agreed Jonny, I have no idea why people keep on repeating this eventhough they have absolutely nothing to back up their claim, it's all speculation nonsense solely based on the last Jan transfer window and ignoring all the others which imo we've not done too badly.

Rubbish.

Agreed Jonny, I have no idea why people keep on repeating this eventhough they have absolutely nothing to back up their claim, it's all speculation nonsense solely based on the last Jan transfer window and ignoring all the others which imo we've not done too badly.

bullshit right back at you both

under ashley how many windows have we come out of saying "we did well there"?

the first one under allardyce i'd suggest, and maybe the colo/jonas one but imo we've stood still or gone backwards in every other window squad-wise

With regards to the poll about how many goals AC will score next season, I voted 6 to 10 because I dont believe that he will play  for Liverpool as much as he thought he would.

With Kuyt and Maxi now playing upfront along with (the excellent) Suarez, Carroll is in effect 4th choice striker.

Hope he enjoys doing a Michael Owen and sitting on his fat arse most weeks before coming on as  a sub.

:lol:

Rubbish.

the first one under allardyce i'd suggest, and maybe the colo/jonas one but imo we've stood still or gone backwards in every other window squad-wise

would like to elaborate on which transfer window (aside from last Jan's) you think we've gone backwards (bearing in mind that very few clubs go for mega deals in January)?

Rubbish.

would like to elaborate on which transfer window (aside from last Jan's) you think we've gone backwards (bearing in mind that very few clubs go for mega deals in January)?

i honestly don't have time to go back and research them all, but i can't honestly remember a single window where people haven't been saying some variation of "let's see what happens in the next window"

i honestly can't

plus haven't we made a net profit or broke even in the vast majority of transfer windows?  what i said is stood still or gone backwards, struggling to understand how anyone is arguing to the contrary

we simply have not progressed as a football club under mike ashley, the best thing you could say is we got rid of a lot of bullshit high earning wasters, shame it took a relegation to achieve that

http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Newcastle/Transfers

on balance i'd say that it's roughly even stevens if you look at number of windows strengthened vs. windows weakened/stagnated

however look at the bigger picture and tell me that managing to a "build" strike force of shola/best/loven/ranger in that time is strengthening the club, please look me in the eye and tell me that

we have virtually one player only for each position, backups are on the whole shite and not worthy of the shirt (smith, guthrie) or we don't even have them (LB)

we simply have not progressed as a football club under mike ashley, the best thing you could say is we got rid of a lot of bullshit high earning wasters, shame it took a relegation to achieve that

on balance i'd say that it's roughly even stevens if you look at number of windows strengthened vs. windows weakened/stagnated

however look at the bigger picture and tell me that managing to a "build" strike force of shola/best/loven/ranger in that time is strengthening the club, please look me in the eye and tell me that

we have virtually one player only for each position, backups are on the whole s**** and not worthy of the shirt (smith, guthrie) or we don't even have them (LB)

That is not a very fair statement, is devoid of circumstances which is why I said you were spouting rubbish. Firstly you can easily add HBA to that list (the fact that he was injured is nobody's fault except the c*** De Jong). We were only left with that pile of s*** because HBA was out long term and we did not replace Carroll in January 2011 which is why I said last Jan was a bad transfer window. Otherwise for a team that just got promoted (and is therefore not the most attractive for top players), having HBA, Carroll, Best, Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrads is not too bad. In fact immediately pre Ashley (post Shearer of course) which of our strikers would you categorized as really good? Martins at a stretch...who else? Unless you rate the likes of Owen, Luque and Viduka highly (which would again strengthen the rubbish claim I made), as of January 2011, we had quite a good bunch of strikers/attacking players especially for a team just newly promoted.

we have virtually one player only for each position, backups are on the whole s**** and not worthy of the shirt (smith, guthrie) or we don't even have them (LB)

That is not a very fair statement, is devoid of circumstances which is why I said you were spouting rubbish. Firstly you can easily add HBA to that list (the fact that he was injured is nobody's fault except the c*** De Jong). We were only left with that pile of s*** because we did not replace Carroll in January 2011 which is why I said last Jan was a bad transfer window. Otherwise for a team that just got promoted (and is therefore not the most attractive for top players), having HBA, Carroll, Best, Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrads is not too bad. In fact immediately pre Ashley (post Shearer of course) which of our strikers would you categorized as really good? Martins at a stretch...who else? Unless you rate the likes of Owen, Luque and Viduka highly (which would again strengthen the rubbish claim I made), as of January 2011, we had quite a good bunch of strikers/attacking players especially for a team just newly promoted.

we also didnt replace ben arfa in january, even with a loan. it's bad management anyway you look at it, but continue to make excuses for them all the same.

That is not a very fair statement, is devoid of circumstances which is why I said you were spouting rubbish. Firstly you can easily add HBA to that list (the fact that he was injured is nobody's fault except the c*** De Jong). We were only left with that pile of s*** because we did not replace Carroll in January 2011 which is why I said last Jan was a bad transfer window. Otherwise for a team that just got promoted (and is therefore not the most attractive for top players), having HBA, Carroll, Best, Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrads is not too bad. In fact immediately pre Ashley (post Shearer of course) which of our strikers would you categorized as really good? Martins at a stretch...who else? Unless you rate the likes of Owen and Viduka highly (which would again strengthen the rubbish claim I made), as of January 2011, we had quite a good bunch of strikers/attacking players especially for a team just newly promoted.

in the same way we sold milner and didn't use that money either you mean, which bring me back to talking shit about "always looking to the next" window which is what you called me out on

we do not have a single striker worthy of the clubs history, reputation and stature nor do i expect us to on 1st september 2011

i'd say looking at that list of windows i was relatively content edging towards happy with 2 of them, which were the two i named initially, the others simply not good enough imo

i'm refusing to count the championship January because we were already in a total state and undermanned as it was, that was only successful in the sense that it balanced the relegation a little but the deals themselves were pretty decent i agree

i agree it's rare for any club nowadays to be able to sit at the end of the window and say "we got exactly what we wanted" but we can do a LOT better than we have

The window we went down was a disaster. Given and N'Zogbia out for Taylor and Nolan (fair enough he came good in the end) was awful.

agreed, as i said personally in terms of recruitment i see 2/6 windows that could be deemed acceptable

every other window has seen us stagnate or regress imo