West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

+ anyone thinking he deliberately chose not to score needs their head checked. The w***** pre-empted contact (like most strikers nowadays) and went to ground, Krul pulled out, made him look like a mug. End of.

That's exactly what he did, though. By your own admission by the sounds of it.

Part of Andy Carroll's success seems to have been the motivation for playing for his home town club.

Unfortunately, he himself seems to have failed to have recognized this. I wouldn't be averse to taking him back at a much reduced fee, I think he could re-discover his form and be happier all round.

I think he'll come good, but not in a team that doesn't play to his strengths. How many crosses did Liverpool get in the box from wide areas? Can't remember one.

He nearly scored by dominating both our CBs in one move, he's capable of that against anyone in the world IMO. His confidence is shot at the moment, and the media and fans are against him, partly because of his fee.

In the long-term I reckon he'll make a good career still.

Part of Andy Carroll's success seems to have been the motivation for playing for his home town club.

Unfortunately, he himself seems to have failed to have recognized this. I wouldn't be averse to taking him back at a much reduced fee, I think he could re-discover his form and be happier all round.

If we keep Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa this summer we won't need him, though.

Guest andrew

+ anyone thinking he deliberately chose not to score needs their head checked. The wanker pre-empted contact (like most strikers nowadays) and went to ground, Krul pulled out, made him look like a mug. End of.

but by doing that he chose not to attempt to score :pow:

He wouldn't get in our team, not even at his best.

+ anyone thinking he deliberately chose not to score because he didn't want to score against NUFC needs their head checked. The wanker just pre-empted contact (like most strikers nowadays) and went to ground, hoping for a goal and a red card. Krul pulled out, made him look like a mug. End of.

I agree, and am gay :pow:

:shifty:

He wouldn't get in our team, not even at his best.

This may be true. If we wish to kick on and try and break into the top 4, maybe so.

When he was with us he was obviously still developing. This appears to have stopped... who knows if he would have kept improving if he had stayed.

A bully and a thug, who would destroy the feel-good factor in the squad. With hindsite it was a good move to say byebye. DONT ever want him back

I don't even know what I think of the lad anymore. For me, I followed him for a few years before the championship season where he broke through and I spent a lot of my time telling people he'd come good. Despite the fact he was a thug at times he had a charm and an energy that really got the crowd going and believing we were going in the right direction. When he went in Jan 2011 I felt absolutely sick to my stomach, thought that it was one of the worst decisions we'd made, especially the timing of it all, couldn't see us getting any goals and then Leon put in some solid performances.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say, that dive/fall was a joke, his whole 'Never wanted to leave' thing is not too credible but I think he's a far better player than many on here and elsewhere are currently saying and I think Dalglish is ruining him. I want Liverpool to fall apart but I can't really get past some sort of connection to the lad. I know most on here say 'Fuck him' but I hope he goes off somewhere else and has a good career. No, I don't want him to come back and that's because our football's moved on. Dalglish is a grade A fuckwit the way he's set that side up, if it was anyone else who'd spent that type of money, they'd be out on their ass

Another angle of his dive yesterday.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpi3ncANmc1qfvg63o1_250.gif

:lol: That's off The Ring or perhaps The Ring 2 (American version), what do I win?

The ring...I think. As a reward you can watch it as many times as you wish.  :D

IMO, one of two things needs to happen for Carroll to be able to "resurrect his career", either:

- Dalglish leaves/resigns/gets sacked from the manager's role at Liverpool (he's clearly not the right manager for Carroll).

- Carroll leaves Liverpool (on loan/permanent transfer to another club).

I may have mentioned in the past that I would want him back here, now though, wouldn't want him back whatsoever.