West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

If we get decent crosses into him, he'll put them away against anyone, I don't care if it's Blackpool or Chelsea.

Just hope we have enough in midfield to supply the balls. Also, that we aren't defending all the time because we give the ball away so much.

this

it can be backed up as when routledge arrived, we had balance and width to provide service to strikers and he started scoring all those goals

Guest neesy111

Please tell me he's getting a haircut soon.

to this, i hope not!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00779/Andy_Carroll_280x39_779934a.jpg

is it safe to say that he will be getting the number 9 shirt?

I refer you to the answer Colo's Short and Curlies gave some moments ago...

He'll soon simply be known as 10000992 or something

;)

Chelsea are considering making a surprise move for Newcastle United starlet Andy Carroll, believing a £7 million sum to be enough to capture the promising striker.

According to BBC Sport, the Blues were impressed with the 21-year-old's performances last season for the Toon, where his goal haul helped fire them back into the Premier League and lift the Championship crown.

Carroll bagged 19 goals in 35 games for Chris Hughton's side, and Chelsea are apparently willing to pay a sizeable fee for the England Under-21 international.

With Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba both over 30 years of age, manager Carlo Ancelotti is keen to add young firepower to his squad in a bid to unearth long-term replacements for the duo.

The Italian signed Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge last summer and is rumoured to be looking at other promising 'homegrown' stars this time around.

Any move for Carroll could be stopped by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who is being extra careful not to upset supporters by selling their most highly-rated player.

Ashley already has a strained relationship with the Magpies supporters, after they blamed him for their team's relegation from the Premier League 12-months previous.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/06/06/1961642/chelsea-to-bid-7m-for-andy-carroll-of-newcastle-united

On more than one website as well..

Chelsea are considering making a surprise move for Newcastle United starlet Andy Carroll, believing a £7 million sum to be enough to capture the promising striker.

According to BBC Sport, the Blues were impressed with the 21-year-old's performances last season for the Toon, where his goal haul helped fire them back into the Premier League and lift the Championship crown.

Carroll bagged 19 goals in 35 games for Chris Hughton's side, and Chelsea are apparently willing to pay a sizeable fee for the England Under-21 international.

With Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba both over 30 years of age, manager Carlo Ancelotti is keen to add young firepower to his squad in a bid to unearth long-term replacements for the duo.

The Italian signed Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge last summer and is rumoured to be looking at other promising 'homegrown' stars this time around.

Any move for Carroll could be stopped by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who is being extra careful not to upset supporters by selling their most highly-rated player.

Ashley already has a strained relationship with the Magpies supporters, after they blamed him for their team's relegation from the Premier League 12-months previous.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/06/06/1961642/chelsea-to-bid-7m-for-andy-carroll-of-newcastle-united

On more than one website as well..

Yeah, I posted that one in the transfer rumours thread. (from the caughtoffside website)

All those direct quotes are simply convincing! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

The Big AC & Tim Krul sign on

ANDY CARROLL is on the brink of committing his future to Newcastle after agreeing a new four-year deal.

The in-demand 21-year-old striker is ready to more than treble his current £7,000-a-week salary to stay with his hometown club.

Carroll bagged 19 goals last season as Newcastle cruised through the Championship to make an immediate return to the Premier League.

And the form of the England Under-21 striker caught the eye of Stoke, Birmingham and Blackburn.

But Toon chiefs have held repeated meetings with Carroll's advisors throughout the summer and the striker is ready to sign a new deal that would net him over £1million-a-year.

Carroll's lot has never been higher and Stuart Pearce met the Geordie forward for hush-hush talks to tell him he will be part of Fabio Capello's future plans.

Capello has proven with his repeated use of Emile Heskey that he likes an old-fashioned target man and the 6ft 3in hitman fits ideally into that category.

And Under-21 boss Pearce urged the forward to continue his progress this season and he will be pushing for a full call-up.

Newcastle bosses hope their determination to hang onto Carroll will signal their ambitions to stay in the top flight following their promotion.

Dutch international keeper Tim Krul, who had caught the attention of Sampdoria and Sevilla, has also agreed to a contract extension.

Toon chief Chris Hughton, who does have money to spend, still wants four new faces in his squad by the time the new campaign starts.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/865352/CARROLL-AGREES-NEW-NEWCASTLE-DEAL.html

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He'll be signing that new contract, and sitting it a good few months of it out in a jail cell. Its only Rumours, but people seem to think he's going to be found guilty.  :undecided:

He'll be signing that new contract, and sitting it a good few months of it out in a jail cell. Its only Rumours, but people seem to think he's going to be found guilty.  :undecided:

Wouldn't be an NUFC Premiership season if we don't have a few crocks and a jailbird.

I really shock myself with how low my expectations are for this season. I'm just thinking "well yeah we could get relegated again whatever. Might as well enjoy the ride."

Carroll - I'm staying put

Stoke-linked striker wants to stay and help Magpies

Newcastle hot-shot Andy Carroll has dismissed transfer talk by declaring the Magpies are "the only team for me".

The powerful frontman netted 19 goals last term to help fire the Magpies back into the top flight at the first attempt.

The 21-year-old has been linked with a move away - with Stoke thought to be considering a £6million bid, while Birmingham are also believed to be interested.

But the Magpies are close to offering Carroll a new four-year deal at St James' Park, which is expected to net the England Under 21 striker just over £1m a year - trebling his current wages.

Quality

And Carroll himself has scotched talk of a move away, pledging his future to helping the Magpies re-establish themselves as a Premier League force.

He told the Daily Star Sunday: "This is where I'm from and Newcastle are the only team for me."

Meanwhile, Magpies boss Chris Hughton has compared 6ft 3in Carroll's aerial prowess to that of England striker Peter Crouch.

He said: "Andy is a bit like Crouch. Crouchy is probably four inches taller - but they are similar.

"Andy is such a good technical header of the ball that, if the quality of the delivery is right, he will usually get it on target."