The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Jawesome

Finished 3-1 Spurs.

On a side note, I so don't get why so many people hate Spurs as much as they do amongst our support.  Plenty of more local and relevant clubs to hate from an NUFC perspective IMO.

Ok, next time I decide I hate a club, I'll make sure to run it by you first.

O0

Half time 0=0. The crowd have been chanting "One Shay Given" spurs a poor second best to a wigan with 7 reserves in.

hardly going to inspire confidence for Gomes. made me think though- that time we won 3-2 daaaahn the lane with the martins cracker, given was absolutely immense! couldnt bear to see him leave!

I'd chant "One Shay that will never be forGiven"...

Finished 3-1 Spurs.

On a side note, I so don't get why so many people hate Spurs as much as they do amongst our support.  Plenty of more local and relevant clubs to hate from an NUFC perspective IMO.

Ok, next time I decide I hate a club, I'll make sure to run it by you first.

O0

Just making the point that I don't understand why lots of Newcastle fans have a particular problem with Spurs, pet, no need to get all defensive and narky about it.  Wasn't passing any judgement; was rather hoping that some people who felt like that might explain why they do in the interests of debate and conversation.

Run along now.  :-*

Guest kingdawson

Wonder how Tottenham fans would have reacted to Man United or Liverpool fans chanting their players names not so long ago.

Also, Levy threw an epic strop over Benetiz and Ferguson talking about Keane and Berbatov (and ferguson never actually did) yet Harry is allowed cause he's a cheeky chappy or some bollocks.

Spurs are a complete joke of a football club, it's not even delusions of grandeur, it's delusions of adequacy.

I don't get your point tbh.

Guest Heneage

Half time 0=0. The crowd have been chanting "One Shay Given" spurs a poor second best to a wigan with 7 reserves in.

hardly going to inspire confidence for Gomes. made me think though- that time we won 3-2 daaaahn the lane with the martins cracker, given was absolutely immense! couldnt bear to see him leave!

Gomes doesn't speak English so won't understand a word.

Looking forward to watching Hibs V Hearts kick off 12:30

Players I am looking out for are: Jamie Mole (Hearts)  born in Newcastle, Andrew Driver (Hearts) raised in Berwick & we were linked with him last season, David Obua (Hearts) linked with him this season but I think he may be out, Laryea Kingston (Hearts) there was a thread on here about him. Rob Jones (Captain,Hibs) x-Gateshead but he may not play, Steven Fletcher (Hibs) the Boro are linked with buying him, Alan O'Brien (Hibs) x-Mag

Guest Heneage

Phil Thompson claiming the Liverpool team was our first XI nigh on. And it was an exceptional Liverpool team, what a sad twat.

Whats the score with no Cup game on the telly at 12?

ITV and Setanta have ruined the coverage.

Aye, total bollocks. I'm not usually that fussed about our progress in the cup now cos it means nowt; it's nice to watch the underdogs playing though, and BBC usually have atleast three games per weekend.

Total rubbish this year though.

Guest Heneage

Well when you consider normally a Saturday when I'm not at work I can start with Gillete move to 12 o clock then final scor,e then the 5 o clock, onto La Liga and just in time for MOTD.

Well when you consider normally a Saturday when I'm not at work I can start with Gillete move to 12 o clock then final scor,e then the 5 o clock, onto La Liga and just in time for MOTD.

I do nothing but consider how your afternoon is going, Nixon - believe me.

Guest The German

Nottingham Forrest 2-0 lead at Half time at the City of Manchester Stadium . Good bye Mark, it will be your last day as manager  :cheesy: