The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

As England are playing a proper team for a change I think I might enjoy watching them. Can't remember the last time I watched an England friendly.

I thought the same but then remembered that the worst game of football Ive ever seen was the last England vs Spain match. I'll still watch it like.

As England are playing a proper team for a change I think I might enjoy watching them. Can't remember the last time I watched an England friendly.

I thought the same but then remembered that the worst game of football Ive ever seen was the last England vs Spain match. I'll still watch it like.

ITVs coverage is my only worry.

Luckily the BBC have Norn Iron's world cup qualifier on, should be a lot more interesting.

who they playing? Norn Iron are a decent value watch at home to a decent team

Away to San marino... so we'll just about scrape it then :lol:

Guest quklaani

Luckily the BBC have Norn Iron's world cup qualifier on, should be a lot more interesting.

who they playing? Norn Iron are a decent value watch at home to a decent team

Away to San marino... so we'll just about scrape it then :lol:

If it actually goes ahead.

Hopefully they'll be able to do better than the last time a time from the island of Ireland played in San Marino.  God that was hilarious.

ENGLAND:

James

Johnson Jagielka Terry A.Cole

SWP Barry Carrick Downing

Agonblahor Heskey

WHY WHY WHY WHY play James in goal ffs, it's a friendly!

Because Capello likes to win games, even friendlies.

ENGLAND:

James

Agonblahor Heskey

Rob Green is more than adequate to play, I think. Capello surely needs to look at the players who will replace James after 2010, when he will most likely retire.

What's your opinion?

ENGLAND:

James

Agonblahor Heskey

Rob Green is more than adequate to play, I think. Capello surely needs to look at the players who will replace James after 2010, when he will most likely retire.

What's your opinion?

I think that James is the best English keeper by some way and that he'll be the number one for the world cup, we can rebuild afterwards. I also think that there's a lot to be said for building a winning mentality and that replacement players find it easier to come into a team when that's the case. There's an argument that players need to experience the international game, but Green's done that already and so I think the only way he should be in the team is if he's the best keeper available. I don't think he is.

ENGLAND:

James

Agonblahor Heskey

What's your opinion?

I think that James is the best English keeper by some way and that he'll be the number one for the world cup, we can rebuild afterwards. I also think that there's a lot to be said for building a winning mentality and that replacement players find it easier to come into a team when that's the case. There's an argument that players need to experience the international game, but Green's done that already and so I think the only way he should be in the team is if he's the best keeper available. I don't think he is.

Fair enough, that's an understandable view.

Do you think Green will be first choice after James? I personally think he will be. Carson and Robinson aren't consistent enough at club level, Hart isn't experienced enough yet, Kirkland (imo) isn't really that good and the likes of Harper will need to perform well in a string of games before getting near the team.

Guest quklaani

If Ben Foster leaves us he'll be England number 1 after a couple of months.  Edwin is great and all, especially of late, but it's a bit weird that we've given him yet another year.

If Ben Foster leaves us he'll be England number 1 after a couple of months.  Edwin is great and all, especially of late, but it's a bit weird that we've given him yet another year.

Erm... have you not noticed Harper's recent emergence as NUFC number 1.

Prepare the world for Steve Harper, England goalkeeper. :coolsmiley:

ENGLAND:

James

Agonblahor Heskey

What's your opinion?

Fair enough, that's an understandable view.

Do you think Green will be first choice after James? I personally think he will be. Carson and Robinson aren't consistent enough at club level, Hart isn't experienced enough yet, Kirkland (imo) isn't really that good and the likes of Harper will need to perform well in a string of games before getting near the team.

There's a pretty good chance of that, but who knows what'll have happened by then. :dontknow:

I agree with you about the others, wonder if Hart'll leave Citeh now that he's not going to get any games?