The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

What screws Barca over is that Chelsea can just play their second string this weekend. Barca will never get away with doing that in El Clásico, especially when the points difference in La Liga is now... 4 pts?

What screws Barca over is that Chelsea can just play their second string this weekend. Barca will never get away with doing that in El Clásico, especially when the points difference in La Liga is now... 4 pts?

this.

Guest Heneage

Who the f*** are Savillia?

:rolleyes:

God forbid they should pronounce a foreign teams name right Dave.  :razz:

It's pronounced seveeea phonetically speaking, due to the double L.

I was being sarcastic.

Chelsea did exactly what I expected, they realised that Barca have tremendous team chemistry so just tried to play Anti-Football.

Why are they praising Cech?!  I've never seen worse distribution from a keeper in a match in my life, he couldn't catch a cold in the arctic and none of the saves he had to make were even any good.

Horrible Chelsea cunts.  So negative.  At least 6 behind the ball all game and just hoofing it when they get it.  Oh well, still confident they'll get done at Stamford Bridge where they are slighty less boring and leave a bit more space.

Is there anything that David f***ing Pleat doesn't like to see monopolised?

The game itself just struck me as a replica of the Barca-Man Utd semi last year. Man Utd going there to stifle Barca's attacking threat, Barca just trying to pass through the eye of the needle. Chelsea, unlike most Spanish teams, can actually defend. And on their day, defend very well indeed.

Iniesta impressed me, him and Xavi are almost identical in their style of play. Unfortunately that style of play didn't quite click tonight.

And btw, I haven't seen that much live La Liga football this year, but has Puyol been in good form? Didn't look particularly confident when he came on.

player on barca who impressed me the most today was dani alves (I'm ignoring his overdramatized rolling around and screaming). I know how good messi and the stars are, but alves' crossing is brilliant, good defending on the other end as well.

Disappointing match. Chelsea are a horrible football club. Even though they got what they came for (as did Man Utd last year), they did not exactly endear themselves to the neutral fan. This is why I hope Barcelona rape all the teams left in the competition this year. I know it's practical to be defensive but come on, you're ruining football, man, and this mentality, if it's constantly successful, will spread.

Barca will be in a bit of trouble at the back for the second leg with Puyol suspended and Marquez out with a cruciate (or so it looked to me) but they created chances today with Chelsea having 11 men in their half for most of the match and I think they'll be able to win it at Stamford Bridge. Here's hoping.

By the way, Mike jinxed it by saying Barca have scored in 50 straight matches. You have a real talent for ruining it for everyone, dude.

Feel free to speak freely about Liverpool if you like Mike  O0

Fucking hate Chelsea. Negative as fuck, did nothing but stifle Barca, never even really thought about launching an attack of their own. Can't wait til Chelsea attack at home, and Barca absolutely thrash them Munich style.

Bit disappointed with Messi tonight, very good when going at players, but never really impacted the game as much as I would have liked him to. Thought Iniesta and Xavi were superb though.

Iniesta moves around the pitch like a ballet dancer, his balance is ridiculous.  Unbelievable player.

It's nice to watch people not dive at every bit of contact (like Alves and Drogba tonight).

I always appreciate a player that moves about the pitch and only goes down if there is serious contact, there's too many players these days that go down under such minimal contact it's sickening.  Imagine the number of players that could be world-class if they didn't spend half their time on the ground.  Stay up, keep the ball, do something your team rather than just diving to get a free-kick.

By the way, Mike jinxed it by saying Barca have scored in 50 straight matches. You have a real talent for ruining it for everyone, dude.

Feel free to speak freely about Liverpool if you like Mike  O0

:lol: The deliberate jinx backfires every time.

I didn't mean to do it, Apisith!