The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Just seen Luton goals on SSN there. Bloody good story to see a team in so much trouble get to go to a Wembley cup final.

We think we have troubles. Fucking hell, imagine what its like for the die hard Luton fans.

Good on them (sorry GG)

A mate was going on about how they're going to 'take over' north west London and trash Wembley, yeah, right. :lol: All 300 of them.

How fucking funny would it be if the man to break Man United's clean sheet streak is...

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2649/alansmithnewcastlethumbwr5.jpg

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

How f***ing funny would it be if the man to break Man United's clean sheet streak is...

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2649/alansmithnewcastlethumbwr5.jpg

:lol:

Hehe. In that photo he's giving the thumbs up to the ref for giving him a yellow card.

Man U have only conceded 10 goals this season, or in other words, Oba Martins have scored 10% of the goals Man U has conceded this season! :D

They are 88 minutes away from the European record now, I think. It was definitely something about 88 minutes away from some record.

Guest firetotheworks

Was talking to a Man United fan today who reckons they'll retain the Champions League.

I wouldn't put it past them but her confidence was lowered considerably when I told her about Barca this season. I think they might just be the best team I've ever seen.

I hope they play each other.

Was talking to a Man United fan today who reckons they'll retain the Champions League.

I wouldn't put it past them but her confidence was lowered considerably when I told her about Barca this season. I think they might just be the best team I've ever seen.

Agree, could be a couple of truly epic games.

Guest quklaani

I'd actually bet you anything that if it happens it'll be exactly the same as last year's semi final games, except with barca nicking it this time.  6-2-1-0-0-0-1 might have worked for us, but it didn't lend itself to exciting games and I doubt we'd be much more adventurous if we faced them again.  Be better if we could somehow end up together in a group, last time that happened we played out two of the best european games I've ever seen.

All this talk of quintuples or whatever annoys me.  Fortunately everyone from the club seems to feel the same way, what matters is the league, and there's far too many variables to get excited about the cup competitions, nevermind sweeping them.  I remember Chelsea constantly bleating about "the quadruple" in the last few seasons, usually Essien or some other prat going on about how confident they were.  Never exactly worked out for them did it.  One game at a time, as always, and I don't care what we're favourites for there's a very very long way to go.  I'd also point out that at this point last year Arsenal were 5 points clear at the top of the league...

Man U have only conceded 10 goals this season, or in other words, Oba Martins have scored 10% of the goals Man U has conceded this season! :D

He's also responsible for a full quarter of the home league goals we've conceded.

Agree, could be a couple of truly epic games.

be nice to see that game IF messi is fully fit, show the "soldiers of europe" what the best player in the world really looks like

that aside this season is typical fuckin manyoo for me...first half of the season they're not great but are starting to hit form, however the best team on the planet have spent the last few months twatting everything in sight and breaking all records and it's catching up with them just in time for them to get soe in the draw

i'm off to internet betting for a gamble on soe to play barca and win at some point now, barca will play them off the park as per but  soe will somehow win it...nailed on imo

Vidic this season is to me, almost as impressive as Messi is.

What fucking planet is that guy from, because he's most certainly not human.

aye?  not seen so much this season but i'll always remember the total shambles he was that time ferdinand was injured/suspended and they got raped by real/milan away from home when vidic was the main CB (mind i think he'd been rushed back from injury or something)

not saying owt, just wondering how he's been without ferdinand this season, or indeed if he has been

What f***ing planet is that guy from, because he's most certainly not human.

aye?  not seen so much this season but i'll always remember the total shambles he was that time ferdinand was injured/suspended and they got raped by real/milan away from home when vidic was the main CB (mind i think he'd been rushed back from injury or something)

not saying owt, just wondering how he's been without ferdinand this season, or indeed if he has been

Really, really good. That's how he's been.

without ferdinand?

without ferdinand?

Yup, he's been exceptional with or without Ferdinand to partner him. If anything, Ferdinand has been overshadowed by Vidic even when they're playing together.

Its the midfield as much as anyone who have helped this record. Yes VDS if a good keeper, yes Vidic is one of the best defenders out there but the protection they get from their midfield is obscene.

Hereford are so fucking heroic.

:kinnear:

:lol: Yes, I know, the R*nnie R*dford goal and all that, but my first ever visit to a stadium that wasn't SJP was to Edgar Street. I can't remember who they were playing (was a team in red fwiw) but it ended 3-3 and I really enjoyed it.

And my uncle was best mates with Steve Guinan when they were at school.

Guest firetotheworks

I can appreciate that, but I dont think I could ever put anyone, let alone a defender as being as good as Messi at the moment. There's no reason why a defender cant be seen as being as good as someone like Messi, I just find it hard to do. Maldini's in his prime is the only defender I've ever seen where I could say they've been as good.

I'd actually bet you anything that if it happens it'll be exactly the same as last year's semi final games, except with barca nicking it this time.  6-2-1-0-0-0-1 might have worked for us, but it didn't lend itself to exciting games and I doubt we'd be much more adventurous if we faced them again.  Be better if we could somehow end up together in a group, last time that happened we played out two of the best european games I've ever seen.

All this talk of quintuples or whatever annoys me.  Fortunately everyone from the club seems to feel the same way, what matters is the league, and there's far too many variables to get excited about the cup competitions, nevermind sweeping them.  I remember Chelsea constantly bleating about "the quadruple" in the last few seasons, usually Essien or some other prat going on about how confident they were.  Never exactly worked out for them did it.  One game at a time, as always, and I don't care what we're favourites for there's a very very long way to go.  I'd also point out that at this point last year Arsenal were 5 points clear at the top of the league...

He's also responsible for a full quarter of the home league goals we've conceded.

You coping with the stress of this season alright, btw?