The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest timmy boy

It's time for Zlatan to perform in the latter stages of the Champions League, he was very disappointing against Liverpool last season . If  he puts in some good performances and Inter go far he must be in contention for this years Ballon d'Or, as he has had a brilliant season domestically.

Guest Heneage

Yes.

Nixon, you should get youself a radio show wiith humour like that.

Apologies, I'd never get on the Comedians with my humour.

Guest quklaani

Park Ji Sung really is trusted massively by Sir Alex, yet people still seem to think he's rubbish, I dont really understand that.

Park Ji Sung really is trusted massively by Sir Alex, yet people still seem to think he's rubbish, I dont really understand that.

Doesnt have massive quality, but he works harder than any player in the world and can chip in with the odd goal and assist. Great player to have in your team especially when you have the likes of Rooney,Berbatov,Ronaldo,Tevez and Scholes to do damage.

Park Ji Sung is similar to Gutierrez - he's a more defensive winger who is excellent at closing down a wing, and he also tends to go to pieces around and in the box.

Can see why Sir Alex plays him in away games a lot.

Guest firetotheworks

I rate him highly. Id love him here. Very good all rounder. not outstanding at any one thing, just very good or good at most things. Like a very rich mans Jenas.

Doesnt have massive quality, but he works harder than any player in the world and can chip in with the odd goal and assist. Great player to have in your team especially when you have the likes of Rooney,Berbatov,Ronaldo,Tevez and Scholes to do damage.

Exactly. If you have Park (and Rooney really) buzzing around creating havoc, that really allows the other skill players to not have to waste tons of energy either shutting down the other team on defence or carving up a defense on attack. As it is, Park brings much more than simply running around like a headless chicken, he tends to run with purpose, make lots of good plays, and does make a lot of good setup passes. I love his play. He's not the best, but he's great at allowing the best to be the best.

Park Ji Sung is similar to Gutierrez - he's a more defensive winger who is excellent at closing down a wing, and he also tends to go to pieces around and in the box.

Can see why Sir Alex plays him in away games a lot.

I'd actually rate Gutierrez higher in an attacking sense than I would Park.