The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

I normally want Man Utd to lose but the prospect of them knocing out Spurs appeals too much. And it's not like we're going to win it.

I agree.Although Redknapp has taken 2 teams to Old Trafford and knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup.

I normally want Man Utd to lose but the prospect of them knocing out Spurs appeals too much. And it's not like we're going to win it.

Why not?  Look what the final was last year.

One of Everton and Liverpool will be out, it's not impossible for Spurs to knock out Man Utd.  Fuck knows if Chelsea will even win away at Southend the way they're currently playing.  Even if they do, they could draw another big team in the 5th Round.

I don't see the point in being so pessimistic when are next 2 ties are very winnable home games.

I agree.Although Redknapp has taken 2 teams to Old Trafford and knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup.

Its a win-win situation. Don't like either team!

Why have the commentators not mentioned Wellbeck being offside for the goal?

Just shown it now. Offside.

Only took them 5 minutes. :)

Looks like they don't want to make too much of it though as it was in ManU's favour so that's ok.

One of Everton and Liverpool will be out, it's not impossible for Spurs to knock out Man Utd.  f*** knows if Chelsea will even win away at Southend the way they're currently playing.  Even if they do, they could draw another big team in the 5th Round.

I don't see the point in being so pessimistic when are next 2 ties are very winnable home games.

Exactly, we've got to hope we get lucky with ties one year, and there will be plenty of non-prem teams in the draw for the 5th round too.  O0

One of Everton and Liverpool will be out, it's not impossible for Spurs to knock out Man Utd.  f*** knows if Chelsea will even win away at Southend the way they're currently playing.  Even if they do, they could draw another big team in the 5th Round.

I admire your optimism and yes, we could go far if we can get past Hull and Milwall/Crewe, which we really should. Problem is we both know we're a bit shit, and as a result at home to Hull isn't even as certain as it should be/would have been a few years ago. There are very few games we go into now where I think we are going to win - look at Stoke the other week - obviously the flipside of that is that we've picked up some unexpected points away from home.

Realistically though, can you see us winning it? Given general peformances this season, I'd have to go with no, but you never know.

Awful awful tackle there by Patterson.

And yet Ray Houghton appears to be arguing on Talk Sport that Reilly has ruined the game, because he's never been a player and doesn't know what a dangerous tackle is.

Looked like a certain red to me like.

Awful awful tackle there by Patterson.

And yet Ray Houghton appears to be arguing on Talk Sport that Reilly has ruined the game, because he's never been a player and doesn't know what a dangerous tackle is.

Looked like a certain red to me like.

Ray Houghton comes across like a knob most of the time

Offside goal. A penalty that's not a penalty. And surely, if that challenge had been made by Wayne Rooney (the Patterson one), it'd merely be an indicator of his passion and eagerness, and warrant a yellow card at most?

Fuck off Villa, wasn't a pen. Mighty gills did better than I expected really, that goal was class, Jackson looks as though he should be able to step up a league or two without too much trouble.

f*** off Villa, wasn't a pen. Mighty gills did better than I expected really, that goal was class, Jackson looks as though he should be able to step up a league or two without too much trouble.

Johnie Jackson has had his pop on the big stage. The likes of him & Richie Wellens are best off lower down the league looking class acts.

Who scored Real Madrid winner? Did the Real Madrids new signings play?

f*** off Villa, wasn't a pen. Mighty gills did better than I expected really, that goal was class, Jackson looks as though he should be able to step up a league or two without too much trouble.

Johnie Jackson has had his pop on the big stage. The likes of him & Richie Wellens are best off lower down the league looking class acts.

I think he means Simeon Jackson, the guy who scored the goal.

I think he means Simeon Jackson, the guy who scored the goal.

The Canadian chap?