The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Spurs are playing very nice football it has to be said. But then they've got "Jenarse" in midfield who was hated up here, whereas now we've got Nicky Butt and Nolan. Lucky us!

Don't be absurd.

Have you forgotten how bad their midfield was at the start of the season when this Jenas was in midfield?

Mostly down to Palacios and Lennon's form. nothing to do with Jenas.

Sorry.

I always liked Jenas because I thought he was a good player to facilitate passing football. Much better than Nicky Butt for example. Both were in our team under Souness, we are now left with Butt who won't be removed from the team unless dynamite is involved.

But of course Dyer and Jenas were the s*** players and hated by all let's remember.

...and while you're getting down off your high horse, try taking off the s*** tinted glasses.

Denial is ok. If it makes you feel better.

Aye, Jenas and Dyer were 'hated by all were they? And you liked them? All minus 1 then, oh yeah and I liked them and watched them either get injured all the time or fall from grace. All minus 2 then. I presume others have similar opinions. So what part of 'hated by all' makes sense when making such a contradictory statement?

Why are you getting so wound up over a positive comment about Jenas? Spurs played good football today and their midfield were a big part of it and unfortunately he was part of it. We have one of the worst midfields in the country ATM and have had for some time because our players are mostly over-the-hill retards. That's the point.

How Heskey keeps getting played in front of Carew I can never understand. Losing some respect for O'Neill the way he's Kinnearing Villa out of the top-four chase with having an impotent striker up front rather than a potent one.

How Heskey keeps getting played in front of Carew I can never understand. Losing some respect for O'Neill the way he's Kinnearing Villa out of the top-four chase with having an impotent striker up front rather than a potent one.

Best be careful what you're saying, the forum doesn't want a lawsuit on its hands. ;)

Guest kingdawson

Can't believe I didn't place that bet I was going to do, of Everton finishing above Villa back in January. If Villa lose today I can actually see it happening.

Brummie, do you think a few of the players are playing with their early-season form still in their minds, i.e. "Ah I've done my bit this season, we'll get UEFA cup, sorted."? Or is that a bit too cynical?

You and me both mate. The day i said it on here, i looked it up on paddpower and i think it was 10's. Decided to place £20 on a stupid accumulator instead.

As for the game today, thought we was decent first half, and excellent second half. Young was tearing Zokora apart during the first 30 mis, but after corluka came on, young was anonymous. Bent and Keane gave their cb's a lot of problems, and Lennon was good as usual (that was actually one of his weaker perfgormances). Sorry but why the fuck is HAeskey ahead of Carew??.

c***s who can play > nice blokes who can't.

true, bellamy a prime example.

however, c***s who can play and dont want to be here and force a way out are not much use to us, and cant be helped really.

He wanted to be out for a reason though. It goes deeper than "Charles N'Zogbia wants to play for Wigan cos he's a c*** and that." He saw Wigan as a chance to better himself and the disgusting fact is that he's right.

charles wanted out for a while, and for more than one manager, the fact he ended up at wigan im sure falls as an embarasment to him, after piping about the likes of arsenal, lyon, and villa.

he made his bed and had no choice but to go wherever iyam.

He wanted out to play football in his own position. He wanted out even more when we became utter w*** rather than just mediocre. Nowt wrong with that.

would it not have just beene asier to say that then? if that was truely the case?

could set myself up for a fall here, but hasnt he started at LB for wigan?

Guest kingdawson

Come on Athletico. Completely bossing Villareal but losing 2-1.

You need to drop this habit of calling them Athletico.  O0

Yeh Atletico, sorry :undecided:.

Guest kingdawson

Maxi Rodriguez-----------------Assuncao-------------------Raul Garcia----------------------Simao

---------------------------------------------Kun Aguero-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Forlan------------------------------------------

How the hell is this team not finishing at least 3rd every season?. I realise it's because of their dodgy defence but their defence is pretty decent looking on paper (Hetinga, Ulfalusi, Lopes ect), They even have some decent players on the bench like Pongolle, luis Garcia, Banega and the youngster Camacho.

They need a new goalie though.

Guest kingdawson

They still with Leo Franco?

He's generally a solid keeper isn't he?

I don't like him much. Good/excellent shot stopper but pretty shite on crosses. Watching Gomes is enough for my senses :thup:.

Guest Heneage

Maxi Rodriguez-----------------Assuncao-------------------Raul Garcia----------------------Simao

---------------------------------------------Kun Aguero-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Forlan------------------------------------------

How the hell is this team not finishing at least 3rd every season?. I realise it's because of their dodgy defence but their defence is pretty decent looking on paper (Hetinga, Ulfalusi, Lopes ect), They even have some decent players on the bench like Pongolle, luis Garcia, Banega and the youngster Camacho.

Leo Franco wasn't at fault for either goal tonight.

Guest kingdawson

Leo Franco wasn't at fault for either goal tonight.

yeh, i didn't say he was.