The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

wigan have a canny side at the minute, they should enjoy it while it lasts

zaki, heskey, palacios, valencia would all hold a place in better clubs. I like the sound of that columbian theyre buying aswell, although you never can tell how they'll settle. Bruce has put together a decent set of players to be fair to him.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd love Villa to win the league, and if I were MON I'd actually be aiming for it because its doable. It would be one of the biggest achievements of all time if they did. I like watching Arsenal and I like Wenger but I don't like them as a team whereas I can't stand Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea and everything and anything about those clubs. I actually like MON and Villa who despite not playing great or anything this season, are still a good side to watch and they have a good core of English players too.

Guest palnese

I'd love Villa to win the league, and if I were MON I'd actually be aiming for it because its doable. It would be one of the biggest achievements of all time if they did. I like watching Arsenal and I like Wenger but I don't like them as a team whereas I can't stand Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea and everything and anything about those clubs. I actually like MON and Villa who despite not playing great or anything this season, are still a good side to watch and they have a good core of English players too.

not this year, but give them a couple of years i really think they could go all the way, atleast challenge til the end.. especially when SAF retires from Man Utd. But they will never win the league with players like milner and luke young in the starting XI.

not this year, but give them a couple of years i really think they could go all the way, atleast challenge til the end.. especially when SAF retires from Man Utd. But they will never win the league with players like milner and luke young in the starting XI.

I think this could be Villa's best chance of the title tbh. They'll naturally keep on improving, but no way will Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal drop as many points as they have done this season again. Plus Man City will more than likely be knocking about from next season.

Possibly not, but they've broken into the top-4 with Milner being an integral part of that, which is surprising considering how many times I've heard people say he's not even good enough for a bottom half team like ourselves.

Guest palnese

I think this could be Villa's best chance of the title tbh. They'll naturally keep on improving, but no way will Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal drop as many points as they have done this season again. Plus Man City will more than likely be knocking about from next season.

good shout!

Why won't Arsenal drop as many points? They're really not that good. Been on the slide for several years now and Wenger shows no sign of fixing the major problems that have been obvious for a while now.

He seems intent on cutting his nose off to spite his face. More likely to sign the Uganda U-21 captain than an experienced midfielder, just to prove a point.

It's a conspiracy tbh.

He's scored 6 goals total for Wigan with 4 of them against us! :tickedoff:

I know why though:

Taylor had the worst year in his professional football career with injuries in 2006. He broke his fifth metatarsal in a FA Cup match against Leeds United and then, in his first outing back, he broke his leg in a reserve clash against Newcastle

Modric really does look out of place in a 4-4-2 doesn't he?

I'm really unsure about Modric. Like you said, he looks out of place in a 4-4-2 and he's the type of player with the price tag and reputation that you'd expect to build the team around.. but apart from the odd glimpse he hasn't really shown anything other than being neat and tidy with the ball. Maybe he'll take a season or two to pad in, but based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't call him an ideal candidate for a midfield point of attack.

Guest palnese

Modric really does look out of place in a 4-4-2 doesn't he?

I'm really unsure about Modric. Like you said, he looks out of place in a 4-4-2 and he's the type of player with the price tag and reputation that you'd expect to build the team around.. but apart from the odd glimpse he hasn't really shown anything other than being neat and tidy with the ball. Maybe he'll take a season or two to pad in, but based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't call him an ideal candidate for a midfield point of attack.

he needs to play in a free attacking role, going wherever he feels like.  he would probably be best in a 4-4-2 diamond formation or in a 4-4-1-1.