Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Ashley is a fucking snake if you ask me. It was clear as day that he'd wait til it cooled off before he tried to worm his way back into the fold and hope we'd forget everything. We can say Keegan left for himself and all that which in a way is right, but bottom line on all of this is that the problem still stems from Ashley's stubbornness and could have still been resolved before it reached the point of KK leaving but instead they went on like total childish prats. Given leaving us will be the beginning of the end with our current state and it's all thanks to the fat cunt ruining our season before it even kicked off. Fucking bollocks to all of it man.

Great this, eh? Mike Ashley keeping the club, JFk, the fat useless fucker, still manager and our best players leaving. It's sickening, This club is an utter joke, and people are willing to accept this bullshit.

No-one is willingly accepting it, what do you expect people to do? Protests can only go so far.

I think most of us want things, however bad they may seem, to just return to some form of normality and stability. Once we're relatively stable it will be easier to plan things and move forward.

This is moving forward as far as Ashley's concerned. Selling players at a profit is number one priority. There isn't a number two.

It's funny, i'd get near fucking lynched if i told Wullie that he was talking shit - it's alright for him to say it to me though. Fuck it, you're talking shit, Wullie. You're just trying to backup your argument that Ashley is the anti-Christ with a load of unsubstantiated rubbish. Don't get me wrong man, i don't like Ashley at all and i think he has fucked up just about every major decision he's had to make, but the guy is trying to sell the club. He isn't going to do that by losing his best players; that's why he's taken it off the market and is going to put effort into it again. The player wants to leave so we should get as much money as possible for him, because he's top class. Mike Ashley isn't going to be sat there in his red rubber suit, polishing his horns and poking Geordies from afar with his big fork, at this news. No matter how much you want to think so.

Pointless dig at Xisco there, nice one .com.

Yup, pointless, and again totally unsubstantiated and just fits in nicely with their agenda. They've forgotten that they got Jonas and Coloccini from La Liga aswell, obviously. Or not.

Each to their own though.

It was clear as day that he'd wait til it cooled off before he tried to worm his way back into the fold and hope we'd forget everything.

No - it's called not being able to find anyone to buy the club off him.

Whether he made enough effort to sell it - I don't know, and nor do you.

I love how people on here decide for themselves what people are thinking.

He isn't going to do that by losing his best players; that's why he's taken it off the market and is going to put effort into it again

The effort of making money.

The man has proved he is clueless about football and this will seem like a classic - we've got a decent backup so we get a few million for a 33 yr old - the squad won't be too worse off and the balance sheet looks even better.

Of course signals to other players and the world at large that we don't give a fuck about even pretending to want the best any more won't matter will they?

He isn't going to do that by losing his best players; that's why he's taken it off the market and is going to put effort into it again

The man has proved he is clueless about football and this will seem like a classic - we've got a decent backup so we get a few million for a 33 yr old - the squad won't be too worse off and the balance sheet looks even better.

Of course signals to other players and the world at large that we don't give a fuck about even pretending to want the best any more won't matter will they?

Ashley doesn't want rid of Given does he?

Great this, eh? Mike Ashley keeping the club, JFk, the fat useless fucker, still manager and our best players leaving. It's sickening, This club is an utter joke, and people are willing to accept this bullshit.

No-one is willingly accepting it, what do you expect people to do? Protests can only go so far.

I think most of us want things, however bad they may seem, to just return to some form of normality and stability. Once we're relatively stable it will be easier to plan things and move forward.

This is moving forward as far as Ashley's concerned. Selling players at a profit is number one priority. There isn't a number two.

It's funny, i'd get near fucking lynched if i told Wullie that he was talking shit - it's alright for him to say it to me though. Fuck it, you're talking shit, Wullie. You're just trying to backup your argument that Ashley is the anti-Christ with a load of unsubstantiated rubbish. Don't get me wrong man, i don't like Ashley at all and i think he has fucked up just about every major decision he's had to make, but the guy is trying to sell the club. He isn't going to do that by losing his best players; that's why he's taken it off the market and is going to put effort into it again. The player wants to leave so we should get as much money as possible for him, because he's top class. Mike Ashley isn't going to be sat there in his red rubber suit, polishing his horns and poking Geordies from afar with his big fork, at this news. No matter how much you want to think so.

Take your fucking blinkers off man. He never had interest in selling the club other than at a massively over-inflated price and now that he's back in, just before the window, what a coincidence, he'll carry on where he left off - buying players for peanuts, selling for hefty wedge and pocketing the difference (like he has my £1300). As long as we maintain Premiership survival, it's job done.

At the end of the day, we'll see where we end up without Shay Given and with Mike Ashley. I know who I'd rather have at NUFC.

Agree with you that he is clueless about football. About business? Nah - he's got his head screwed on there and it's probably why he's worth a couple of billion. He knows that to make summat work he need to speculate to accumulate and that's what he's doing by taking it off the market.

The player wants to leave, man. Course he's gonna try and get some coppers in.

I would say Gonzales should be counted and the dig is at Wise.

Ashley doesn't want rid of Given does he?

He doesn't see players as people - he sees them as assets - remember the phrase "residual value"?

The player wants to leave, man. Course he's gonna try and get some coppers in.

A phrase I think will be repeated  more than once in the next month when the final tally on Feb 2nd is counted.

Take your fucking blinkers off man. He never had interest in selling the club other than at a massively over-inflated price and now that he's back in, just before the window, what a coincidence, he'll carry on where he left off - buying players for peanuts, selling for hefty wedge and pocketing the difference (like he has my £1300). As long as we maintain Premiership survival, it's job done.

If you say so. Coloccini, Xisco (whatever you think of him), Smith, Barton, Enrique weren't "peanuts", by the way. Believe what you want though.

If you say so. Coloccini, Xisco (whatever you think of him), Smith, Barton, Enrique weren't "peanuts", by the way. Believe what you want though.

Almost balanced by "peanuts" received.

Yup, pointless, and again totally unsubstantiated and just fits in nicely with their agenda. They've forgotten that they got Jonas and Coloccini from La Liga aswell, obviously. Or not.

Each to their own though.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that was unfair on Xisco.

Think it's imperative that the club is as aggressive as possible in this window if we hope to keep Shay.

He doesn't see players as people - he sees them as assets - remember the phrase "residual value"?

Absolutely spot on as usual NJS.

Right. So Ashley's bought the club and thought... "Right then, i'm gonna do my utmost to drive the best players out of the club, just to get some big money in for em. It'll put our survival on the line (and the precious proceeds that come with that, nom nom nom) but fuck it, it'll piss off the Geordies."

Almost balanced by "peanuts" received.

Oh, not this again. You know what I was going to reply with, so I'll save myself having to type it out.

Absolutely spot on as usual NJS.

Right. So Ashley's bought the club and thought... "Right then, i'm gonna do my utmost to drive the best players out of the club, just to get some big money in for em. It'll put our survival on the line (and the precious proceeds that come with that, nom nom nom) but f*** it, it'll piss off the Geordies."

:lol:

Yeah he came to bleed the club dry remember!