Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

To be honest I think you over rate him. Lets face it he didn't move much for Keiron Richardsons' free kick. :coolsmiley:

Not. In. The. Mood.

:lol: Nom nom nom.

Cisse's Wings, whilst you're here - i'm dying to find out, how come your compatriots over there know i've got a big dick?

To be honest I think you over rate him. Lets face it he didn't move much for Keiron Richardsons' free kick. :coolsmiley:

And yet unless you're already being measured up for a zimmer frame, he's still the greatest player you've seen play for your dismal mob.

A sad day really, but who can blame Shay over this? The lad probably feels at his age, he should be part of something a lot better (ie challenging for honours) rather than being involved in a relegation dog fight. The only good thing is that we have good strength in depth for keepers.

It also probably shows that any new players coming in will be financed by outgoing sales. There's no-way in a million years that Ashley will put his hand in his own pocket. The bad old days of the 80's are back, boys - better get used to it.

Also it's shown JK as a bit of a mug, with the words from Given's lawyer basically destroying what JK said the other day. He's a puppet manager - another Willie McFaul.

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.

Perhaps it's a final plea to the club to get things sorted out. He's threatened to leave in the past but been convinced that we're trying to achieve things. He obviously feels that's not going to happen and wants out before the best he has to offer has past. The Liverpool game was a stunning advertisement of what he still can do.

Your suggestion about getting Elano stuns me tbh. Not that we don't need a player of his ability in that position, just the message it would send out. We'd be getting rid of one of our best players, and probably the player who loves the club the most and replacing him with just another mercenary who couldn't give a flying fuck if we were struggling and still paying him.

What a terrible, terrible message to send out.

Given goes in January, we go down. Simple as that.

f*** poxy Owen.

Still don't think he'll go however. f***ing hope not, especially to any of those clubs. Arsenal i could handle, but Tottenham? He's not stupid.

Hopefully Buffon will be a mercenary and go to City instead.

Personally, i don't think getting rid of Given would mean we go down. You can see what happened when we had no full-backs in the side... Given was in it too and it didn't stop us from conceding five.

Personally, i don't think getting rid of Given would mean we go down. You can see what happened when we had no full-backs in the side... Given was in it too and it didn't stop us from conceding five.

It could have a potentially suicidal effect on the mentality of the rest of the players though.

Aye, but he stopped us from conceding 10 which would have taken the confidence beyond rock bottom.

No surprise at all - this club is in the worst situation since McKeag was in charge and I can see a big drop in season ticket sales next season, esp if the club goes down.

Given is quite right in his views about NUFC and in a way, this reminds me of what happened with Pop Robson back in 1971 when, nearly 2 years after winning the Fairs Cup(largely on Robson's goals),it was obvious that the club were not building on that success and Robson hired a hotel room in the City, gathered the Press together, and told them he wanted to leave because the club was, in his words, 'Unprofessional'.

Robson was on his way within weeks of this, as the Board didn't like him telling the truth, so I imagine that the same thing will happen here...

So, after 38 years, we are back to the same scenario, with a top player leaving because of his frustrations at the club's Mickey Mouse image and activities ; Shay has been with the club for 11 years so nobody can accuse him of disloyalty - he deserves, as do all of us, the chance to get the best from his life and that isn't going to come from a club permanently in disarray.

Perhaps its time one of the major fans' groups hired a hotel room and called in the Press to say they were unhappy about the club's lack of professionalism and were thinking of boycotting games - I reckon that's about the only thing which will put a bomb under the board.

Unless something is done, watch for more kids in the NE wearing the strips of Liverpool, Man U etc etc - IF they bother at all....the Financial crisis will have a wonderful way of focussing minds and pockets.

Good Luck to Shay whenever and WHEREVER he goes - there aren't many worse-run clubs that NUFC in the Prem.

well..........its took some time. Maybe mick in particular will admit it, having suffered 15 years of "embarrassment". I doubt it though.

Sad, sad times.  I never, ever, thought that the club would go back to those old days.

No surprise at all - this club is in the worst situation since McKeag was in charge and I can see a big drop in season ticket sales next season, esp if the club goes down.

Given is quite right in his views about NUFC and in a way, this reminds me of what happened with Pop Robson back in 1971 when, nearly 2 years after winning the Fairs Cup(largely on Robson's goals),it was obvious that the club were not building on that success and Robson hired a hotel room in the City, gathered the Press together, and told them he wanted to leave because the club was, in his words, 'Unprofessional'.

Robson was on his way within weeks of this, as the Board didn't like him telling the truth, so I imagine that the same thing will happen here...

So, after 38 years, we are back to the same scenario, with a top player leaving because of his frustrations at the club's Mickey Mouse image and activities ; Shay has been with the club for 11 years so nobody can accuse him of disloyalty - he deserves, as do all of us, the chance to get the best from his life and that isn't going to come from a club permanently in disarray.

Perhaps its time one of the major fans' groups hired a hotel room and called in the Press to say they were unhappy about the club's lack of professionalism and were thinking of boycotting games - I reckon that's about the only thing which will put a bomb under the board.

Unless something is done, watch for more kids in the NE wearing the strips of Liverpool, Man U etc etc - IF they bother at all....the Financial crisis will have a wonderful way of focussing minds and pockets.

Good Luck to Shay whenever and WHEREVER he goes - there aren't many worse-run clubs that NUFC in the Prem.

well..........its took some time. Maybe mick in particular will admit it, having suffered 15 years of "embarrassment". I doubt it though.

Sad, sad times.  I never, ever, thought that the club would go back to those old days.

Grow up man.

Grow up man.

you've got the wrong bloke. As usual.

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.

Perhaps it's a final plea to the club to get things sorted out. He's threatened to leave in the past but been convinced that we're trying to achieve things. He obviously feels that's not going to happen and wants out before the best he has to offer has past. The Liverpool game was a stunning advertisement of what he still can do.

Your suggestion about getting Elano stuns me tbh. Not that we don't need a player of his ability in that position, just the message it would send out. We'd be getting rid of one of our best players, and probably the player who loves the club the most and replacing him with just another mercenary who couldn't give a flying f*** if we were struggling and still paying him.

What a terrible, terrible message to send out.

All we know for sure right now is that Shay made a public statement to leave the club. If he wants to go, I would much rather we got players in positions that we need in exchange, then getting a wad of cash that Ashley will just put in his pocket, like he did with Milner.

Having a senior member of the team (EDIT: who wants to leave) in the dressing room will, in my view, do more damage than getting rid of him in exchange for a quality player in a position that needs strengthening. To me, that would send the message to the rest of the squad that Newcastle does want to move forward.

But mostly, my comment came from the fact that I don't fully trust that Ashley will spend the money that is necessary to fix the team. I'm hopeful, but I'm not convinced. So, if Arsenal or Citeh want him, I would be very happy to get players in exchange.

If we don't accept a bid, he's not going anywhere. The only light.

Why is his lawyer given out statements for him anyway?

It's his representative. Some of the other reports just call him his agent.