the modric offer

lovejoy

Guest The Libertine

would you rather we gave away the players we sold? its pathetic because if we got ripped off selling these players the ashley haters wouldnt shut up about it.

would you rather we give kinnear £50 million this window when he's looking at players like barry ferguson? by your and numerous other peoples standards, we have to back him no matter what.

still, anything to have a dig at fat fatty mike, eh?

What the hell are you on about - as I have stated on a  number of occasions on this thread you stated that we had spent a lot of money.  I pointed out that we had brought more in, after which you then went off at a tangent about quality etc.

Now you go on to assume that I think that we should back the current manager to the hilt.  If I had my way then he wouldn't be any where near the club, but once he has been hired he has to backed to some extent.  Although, isn't that what Little Dennis is supposed to be doing and bringing in the players, not the manager?

As Far as Ashley is concerned, he deserves having a dig made after failing to invest in the squad, coming up with nothing but excuses when investment was required and the overall running of the club in the past six months.

the "tangent" should have showed you that the money we brought in was for crap and/or want away players and not selling a good player to fund transfers. but this is apparently irrelevant because it brings the net spend down.

back the manager or dont back the manager? "to SOME extent" so you DONT want significant money available for kinnear but you DO want significant money available? make your mind up.

in that case, have a dig at keegan. f***ed off and didnt look back. or dont, whichever suits your "stance".

f***ing hell, you're as bad as NE5, or even more deluded.  Let's have a dig at Keegan then.  Aye he f***ed off after three matches and left us right in the s***.  After being promised funds to rebulid, being told (as we were publicly via the media) that he was in charge of who we would bring in, was hauled over the coals (publicly) after having the nerve to say that we were not going to challenge Chelsea after watching them give us a good bumming in the face on our own ground (but then that type of comment may have an effect on the impending season ticket renewals that were due).  And to top that off only one of his targets was purchased over the summer and had two players of questionable quality that he didn't want foisted on him on the last day of the transfer window after having his only right winger sold from under him.  Oh, not to mention having the entire squad put up for transfer on the last day of the window - Ashley is a master strategist if he thinks having no squad is going to win matches.  I really think he should have stayed as he was getting backed to the hilt, wasn't he?  Or do you want to ingore all of that given your stance as an Ashley Apologist.

The 'quality' players that we actually paid for we spunked more than a quarter of the total outlay this summer on Xisco, who is one of the players that we are allegedly trying to shove out of the door.  But as an Ashley Apologist this will just be ignored.

With regards to the Milner situation, Villa had been sniffing around for a while and had put his request in a week before the window shut - so we could have had a replacement lined up before he went.  Or had a replacement already in as this was one of the positions we had no cover in last season.  But announccing that he wants away a few days before the window shuts is a really good way of getting any potential buyer to up thier price and panic buy, bringing in enough money to cover your outgoings, and even bring in a nice little profit.  But again, in your stance of Ashley Aplogist will make you a bit blinkered towards this.

Oh, and Allerdyce was complaining from the transfer window about the lack of movement from the management team in bringing in players causing us to miss targets, not just after he was sacked.  But as Ashley Apologists seem to be astute at doing, don't let things like this shake your opionion that under his stweardship this club is in a complete shambles.

im not reading all that. ive made my points, if you disagree, then fine. no doubt i'll disagree with what you said up there so i'd rather just leave it than type an essay replying.

Coward.

true. i should just leave the forum then sue it, like our hero did.

had'nt Modric agree'd terms the lot? was it not down to his wife kicking off that he ended up witht he Spuds or was that another player?

That was Aimar.

Aye thats right him and his wife had a bust up in front of Ashley, but Modric had agreed a contract with us and at the last min went to Spuds instead.

thats the point though. because we did so well selling crap/want away players the net spend looks shit and is looked at as a bad thing.

Er no - you said we've spent a load of cash, when we clearly haven't.  We also spent a load of cash last year (mostly based on player sales again) and bought absolute gash in the likes of Alan Smith as a replacement.

The net spend looks shit (since Ashley came through the door) for one reason, and one reason only.  Because the net spend is shit.

If the rumours about the transfer budget of £6m are true then what has happened to the Milner money?  Or was he sold to make up the deficit, making a nice profit on the net transfer spend to boot?

we have spent plenty. we've also made it back selling players who were either crap or wanted out. win win.

ashely backed the manager (allardyce) and you're saying he bought shit so, again, dont back the manager?

"rumours about the....blah blah". "rumours" being the key word. time will tell.

Ashley never backed Allardyce though. We lost out on several targets due to the 'strategic review.'

a sacked manager making excuses for failing? who'd have thought it.

Even though he said it when in the job?

Or The Libertine making excuses for the poor excuse of an owner we have, who'd have thought it.

Guest The Libertine

thats the point though. because we did so well selling crap/want away players the net spend looks shit and is looked at as a bad thing.

Er no - you said we've spent a load of cash, when we clearly haven't.  We also spent a load of cash last year (mostly based on player sales again) and bought absolute gash in the likes of Alan Smith as a replacement.

The net spend looks shit (since Ashley came through the door) for one reason, and one reason only.  Because the net spend is shit.

If the rumours about the transfer budget of £6m are true then what has happened to the Milner money?  Or was he sold to make up the deficit, making a nice profit on the net transfer spend to boot?

we have spent plenty. we've also made it back selling players who were either crap or wanted out. win win.

ashely backed the manager (allardyce) and you're saying he bought shit so, again, dont back the manager?

"rumours about the....blah blah". "rumours" being the key word. time will tell.

Ashley never backed Allardyce though. We lost out on several targets due to the 'strategic review.'

a sacked manager making excuses for failing? who'd have thought it.

Even though he said it when in the job?

Or The Libertine making excuses for the poor excuse of an owner we have, who'd have thought it.

allardyce picked smith over elano, scouted/chased beye for ages, paid £300k over the odds for barton, worked with faye before and listed everything cacapa has won for weeks. the only question is about enrique, who he must have liked enough because he paid £6 million for him. also wanted tal ben haim, but he went to chelsea for the money.

wonder who his first choices were?

Guest The Libertine

Nice debating skills.

how could i argue logically with "coward"?

To be fair, you had already lost the argument with your comment before it.

whatever. ive made my points, he his and i doubt we'll ever meet in the middle. if "losing an argument on the internet omfg pwned n00dz" is the end of my life then so be it.

would you rather we gave away the players we sold? its pathetic because if we got ripped off selling these players the ashley haters wouldnt shut up about it.

would you rather we give kinnear £50 million this window when he's looking at players like barry ferguson? by your and numerous other peoples standards, we have to back him no matter what.

What the hell are you on about - as I have stated on a  number of occasions on this thread you stated that we had spent a lot of money.  I pointed out that we had brought more in, after which you then went off at a tangent about quality etc.

Now you go on to assume that I think that we should back the current manager to the hilt.  If I had my way then he wouldn't be any where near the club, but once he has been hired he has to backed to some extent.  Although, isn't that what Little Dennis is supposed to be doing and bringing in the players, not the manager?

As Far as Ashley is concerned, he deserves having a dig made after failing to invest in the squad, coming up with nothing but excuses when investment was required and the overall running of the club in the past six months.

the "tangent" should have showed you that the money we brought in was for crap and/or want away players and not selling a good player to fund transfers. but this is apparently irrelevant because it brings the net spend down.

back the manager or dont back the manager? "to SOME extent" so you DONT want significant money available for kinnear but you DO want significant money available? make your mind up.

in that case, have a dig at keegan. fucked off and didnt look back. or dont, whichever suits your "stance".

Fucking hell, you're as bad as NE5, or even more deluded.  Let's have a dig at Keegan then.  Aye he fucked off after three matches and left us right in the shit.  After being promised funds to rebulid, being told (as we were publicly via the media) that he was in charge of who we would bring in, was hauled over the coals (publicly) after having the nerve to say that we were not going to challenge Chelsea after watching them give us a good bumming in the face on our own ground (but then that type of comment may have an effect on the impending season ticket renewals that were due).  And to top that off only one of his targets was purchased over the summer and had two players of questionable quality that he didn't want foisted on him on the last day of the transfer window after having his only right winger sold from under him.  Oh, not to mention having the entire squad put up for transfer on the last day of the window - Ashley is a master strategist if he thinks having no squad is going to win matches.  I really think he should have stayed as he was getting backed to the hilt, wasn't he?  Or do you want to ingore all of that given your stance as an Ashley Apologist.

The 'quality' players that we actually paid for we spunked more than a quarter of the total outlay this summer on Xisco, who is one of the players that we are allegedly trying to shove out of the door.  But as an Ashley Apologist this will just be ignored.

With regards to the Milner situation, Villa had been sniffing around for a while and had put his request in a week before the window shut - so we could have had a replacement lined up before he went.  Or had a replacement already in as this was one of the positions we had no cover in last season.  But announccing that he wants away a few days before the window shuts is a really good way of getting any potential buyer to up thier price and panic buy, bringing in enough money to cover your outgoings, and even bring in a nice little profit.  But again, in your stance of Ashley Aplogist will make you a bit blinkered towards this.

Oh, and Allerdyce was complaining from the transfer window about the lack of movement from the management team in bringing in players causing us to miss targets, not just after he was sacked.  But as Ashley Apologists seem to be astute at doing, don't let things like this shake your opionion that under his stweardship this club is in a complete shambles.

im not suprised he ignored this. top post.  :thup:

whatever. ive made my points, he his and i doubt we'll ever meet in the middle. if "losing an argument on the internet omfg pwned n00dz" is the end of my life then so be it.

It's not about being incapable of "meeting in the middle", it's about you being incapable of reconciling the facts of the situation with your view, i.e. of learning, so you choose to ignore them instead. That's how you lost: not by being pwn'd, but by proving him right in the statement that you're deluded. BTW, you have made no points, you have only displayed an attitude.

in that case, have a dig at keegan. fucked off and didnt look back. or dont, whichever suits your "stance".

Fucking hell, you're as bad as NE5, or even more deluded.  Let's have a dig at Keegan then.  Aye he fucked off after three matches and left us right in the shit.  After being promised funds to rebulid, being told (as we were publicly via the media) that he was in charge of who we would bring in, was hauled over the coals (publicly) after having the nerve to say that we were not going to challenge Chelsea after watching them give us a good bumming in the face on our own ground (but then that type of comment may have an effect on the impending season ticket renewals that were due).  And to top that off only one of his targets was purchased over the summer and had two players of questionable quality that he didn't want foisted on him on the last day of the transfer window after having his only right winger sold from under him.  Oh, not to mention having the entire squad put up for transfer on the last day of the window - Ashley is a master strategist if he thinks having no squad is going to win matches.  I really think he should have stayed as he was getting backed to the hilt, wasn't he?  Or do you want to ingore all of that given your stance as an Ashley Apologist.

im not suprised he ignored this. top post.  :thup:

Yup.

Nice debating skills.

had he fuck man, there's so many holes to pick in that post from Spider Jerusalem it's not even funny, you'd be there all day replying to the fucker if you got going...starting with the first line:

"Aye he f***ed off after three matches and left us right in the s***."

then proceeds to call libertine an ashley apologist while making all the excuses under the sun for the above act of cowardice

then calls libertine a coward, genius!

:lol:

Nice debating skills.

had he f*** man, there's so many holes to pick in that post from Spider Jerusalem it's not even funny, you'd be there all day replying to the fucker if you got going...starting with the first line:

then proceeds to call libertine an ashley apologist while making all the excuses under the sun for the above act of cowardice

It was me that called him a coward as he said he couldn't be arsed to read SJ post.

Nice debating skills.

had he f*** man, there's so many holes to pick in that post from Spider Jerusalem it's not even funny, you'd be there all day replying to the fucker if you got going...starting with the first line:

It was me that called him a coward as he said he couldn't be arsed to read SJ post.

ahem, exit stage right